therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Curious what the "customized Z concept" will be...

---

https://global.nissannews.com/en/releases/release-bf474e990500454c1e768fb2605d2633-211221-02-e

2021/12/21

YOKOHAMA, Japan – The all-new Japan-market Fairlady Z will be among the highlights as Nissan displays a variety of models, from the recently unveiled Z GT500 racecar to exciting customized Nissan Note models, at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2022.

Nissan will shine the spotlight on the all-new Fairlady Z, showing off several versions including a customized Z concept, fitting the show’s customizing atmosphere. Visitors to the Nissan booth will also see customized Nissan Caravans, custom Nissan Note Autech models, and lineup models such as the all-new Nissan Ariya, a special edition Kicks, and more.

Among the models on display are:

Japan-market Nissan Fairlady Z
Globally known as Z, the all-new Fairlady Z production model, which made its world premiere last August, will make its Japan-market debut. As an approachable sports car for the modern age, the all-new Z offers attractive styling, advanced technology and the thrill of exploring the open road to past and future generations of Z drivers and fans.

(Photo shows the U.S. specification model)
f9d82bdee6aca0e3fd135e1543de551308bf2891.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z customized proto
As a nod to the Z’s heritage and fan enthusiasm, a one-off customized Fairlady Z takes the all-new model as a base, and introduces exterior styling elements.

Nissan Z GT500 racecar
Set to take on the 2022 SUPER GT season, the Nissan Z GT500 symbolizes Nissan’s spirit of taking on challenges and bringing excitement to life. The racing machine joins the spread of Z-cars in the Nissan booth.
17a8f23312af5121c6177dfcf05e80c86814c1c7.jpg

Nissan Caravan Mountain Base concept
Based on the new Caravan, the striking van takes the concept of “base camp” to a new level. The van comes equipped with a roof-mounted foldout solar panel, with more solar panels along the side, replacing the standard glass. Inside, creature comforts include a slim work station, utility-driven walls and a digital fireplace for a relaxing eco-friendly option off the beaten path. The concept also looks the part, with a tough textured finish that can take on rough terrain and brush and a full wood-grain wrap for that classic mountain lodge feeling.
d7afd04054c9d3fa13be89214675d2f99c2791b1.jpg

Nissan Caravan Myroom concept
Designed to be a relaxing place to share with family or friends, the Nissan Caravan Myroom concept takes an NV350 and amplifies the interior with a cozy makeover, perfect for a weekend getaway, brunch chat or a rest during a long journey. Occupants can enjoy the built-in couch with a view when sliding doors are open, and with bookshelves and cupboards, time will fly by as you relax in this modern lounge space. A stowable bed can also be setup after a long day of adventuring.
72287ade37b3ad3da9569777cbfc3a73056aa7a3.jpg

Nissan GT-R NISMO special edition
As the company’s flagship GT-R representing a continuous evolution toward the ultimate in driving pleasure, the Nissan GT-R NISMO special edition features a NISMO-exclusive clear-coated carbon fiber hood, NACA style hood scoops and 20-inch aluminum forged wheels with a red accent. Under the hood, new, high-precision, weight-balanced parts with tighter tolerances deliver snappier revs and quicker turbo spooling.

(No longer available for new orders)
863a96854f11b14e2f28a993d7e0548eadc409b9.jpg

Nissan Ariya
The Nissan Ariya, a crossover EV for the new era, delivers powerful acceleration and a smooth, quiet and comfortable ride. With its spacious, flat, lounge-like interior and the latest driver assistance technologies, the Ariya aims to provide a comfortable and exciting driving experience for all passengers. The Japan-market Ariya is now available for preorder.
5b9caf8f710392db46f75b09462186a53788c7fe.jpg

Nissan Kicks Columbia edition
Created in collaboration with Columbia Sportswear Japan Co., the Japan-market Nissan Kicks Columbia edition sports a unique titanium khaki body color, blue grille accents and an interior outfitted with unique luggage seats, front seat aprons and seatback pockets that are ideal for outdoor activities.
50bba652389690de2c9ca074778cd7c60f4296d8.jpg

Nissan Note Aura NISMO
The Note Aura NISMO is based on the Nissan Note Aura, and takes inspiration from Formula-E with its design concept, "swift electrified city racer", while incorporating the NISMO spirit and ethos. It features NISMO-exclusive styling cues, a unique suspension system, enhanced body rigidity and optimization of the e-POWER system with a NISMO drive mode to offer a heightened agile driving impression and rapid, yet smooth, acceleration.
2b89d26007bd38d699f95e7894b766f450884168.jpg

Note-able customs on display
Also on display are two customized Note Autech models; a Note Autech Crossoversporting a custom skid plate and lifted suspension sitting on 17-inch wheels; and a customized Note Autech featuring a premium interior and a lowered stance riding on 17-inch wheels.
5b7b529e0ef454dcd11fd6f4b67e12f51beeaa65.jpg

35c0129a27222d90523948bf2478821ab6542ae9.jpg

The Tokyo Auto Salon 2022 will take place at Makuhari Messe Jan. 14-16. Nissan’s booth will also have a corner selling Nissan and NISMO-brand merchandise.

For more information about Nissan’s products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit nissan-global.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and see all our latest videos on YouTube.

###

Contact
[email protected]

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I’m crossing my fingers for a rosewood show car
i think this is when they will reveal the 'bolder' z that we saw early on in the background of the proto pics....

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Here's Motor1's 2 cents:
Nissan unveiled the Z back in August for the US market, but it won't be until January 2022 when the Fairlady Z will put the steering wheel on the right side for the Japanese market. Arriving at the Tokyo Auto Salon, the RWD coupe will be shown in several configurations, plus a one-off concept car. Images of the special version have not been published, but we do know the modifications will serve as a "nod to the Z's heritage and fan enthusiasm."

The tricked-out 370Z successor will fit into the show's "customizing atmosphere" and is going to have new exterior styling elements that haven't been seen before. There was a rumor earlier this year about a hotter Nismo version arriving at TAS 2022, but it looks like that's not going to happen. We are not surprised at all since it would've been too early for a Nismo derivative considering the standard Z hasn't even gone on sale yet.

We're not expecting any mechanical upgrades over the 2023 Z since Nissan says the unique car will be about cosmetic tweaks. Consequently, the twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 should make the same 400 horsepower (298 kilowatts) and 350 pound-feet (475 newton-meters) channeled to the road via a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic. Our money is on a clutch pedal for the JDM-spec Fairlady Z heading to TAS, but we'll see.

Nissan's presence at the event won't be all about the Z road car since the renewed sports car will share the spotlight with the GT500 version. The sold-out GT-R Nismo special edition will also be there, together with a few concepts based on the latest Caravan van. In addition, the Nismo-spec Note Aura will be attending the show along with a pair of custom concepts, plus the Ariya electric crossover and a Kicks Columbia special edition created with Columbia Sportswear Japan Co.

The Tokyo Auto Salon 2022 will take place at the Makuhari Messe convention center between January 14 – 16.
https://www.motor1.com/news/555948/2023-nissan-z-tokyo-auto-salon/

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
Maybe we'll see Z's dressed up by HKS, GReddy, etc.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
I'm kind of surprised TAS will be open to the public with the new uptick in fear and hand wringing over the latest variant.

Bring on the pics tho. We hongry.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Look, I’m gonna just say it.

Maybe Nissan should get the Z out first and then worry about the Nismo and the factory for mods…mods are useless without an actual car

I know…I’m getting a bit salty now, I’m not known for my patience ?

JoaquinJr

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW E46
Considering that Nismos share similar designs across their product line up (if you look at past nismos of the same time frames) hopefully the new nismo has more drastic changes then what we see on the Aura Note compared to its counterpart.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
I don't know if this is going to be it or if this is something older and carscoops jumped the gun on reporting, but this came up in my feed this morning. Looks like the TAS RetroZ Concept is going to be based off the Z33, not the 34. Slightly disappointing if true. This thing is kinda ugly.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/12/2...-fairlady-throwback-for-the-tokyo-auto-salon/

edited to add, despite it being a little ugly, I do love the Japanese penchant for fascia swaps. She may not be a looker but she's got some charm. ?

2008-Nissan-Z-Retro-Concept-7.jpg

2008-Nissan-Z-Retro-Concept-1.jpg

2008-Nissan-Z-Retro-Concept-4.jpg

2008-Nissan-Z-Retro-Concept-2.jpg

2008-Nissan-Z-Retro-Concept-6 (1).jpg

2008-Nissan-Z-Retro-Concept-3.jpg

Last edited: