Nissan News Thread

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
You think the Z will be manufactured here? Weren’t they all manufactured in Japan before? Can’t really recall.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
^
I don't think so. I was just making a general statement of everything get back to normal is a good thing. Like Nissan will probably focus on their bread and butter models before shifting attention towards a niche product. Yes, I believe they were all made in Japan.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
https://www.onlineev.com/nissan-ceo-makoto-uchida-sees-rebound-starting-next-year/

(note it was published August 2020)

Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida sees rebound starting next year

YOKOHAMA, Japan — Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida, combating to reboot the carmaker because it braces for its biggest-ever working annual loss, expects enterprise to begin rebounding within the new yr.

Earnings ought to present a turnaround within the January-March interval, or the fourth quarter of the present fiscal yr, Uchida stated. That comes too late to forestall a second straight yr of crimson ink, however the rebound will ship momentum for a return to profitability within the fiscal yr ending March 31, 2022.

Talking in an interview for Automotive Information’ Day by day Drive Podcast, Uchida stated Nissan Motor Co. is on observe to attain an working revenue margin of two p.c that fiscal yr.

A lingering wild card is the COVID-19 pandemic, which makes a comeback at Japan’s second-largest carmaker much more tough. Its outlook would not account for a second wave of infections.

“We anticipate to begin to get well by This autumn,” Uchida stated. “That’s the assumption we’re . However in fact, we do not know if a second wave will come. There’s lots of uncertainty we see in entrance of us.”

Nissan plunged to a world working lack of ÂĄ153.9 billion ($1.45 billion) within the fiscal first quarter ended June 30 as income fell by half. Earnings had been hammered by $738.1 million in particular fees from the pandemic and restructuring beneath its up to date marketing strategy, Nissan Subsequent.

Nissan is closing crops, realigning manufacturing and trimming fashions in an effort to chop $2.82 billion in mounted prices to bolster the underside line. The plan banks on new merchandise, such because the Sentra sedan and Rogue crossover, to extend web income per automobile.

Uchida stated Nissan is scrutinizing its North American operations to spice up effectivity and lower mounted prices, although he declined to disclose specifics. “We have now lots of issues we have to evaluate,” he stated. “There are numerous areas we are able to nonetheless optimize. That’s what I am asking my workforce to give attention to.”

When the Nissan Subsequent marketing strategy wraps up within the fiscal yr ending March 31, 2024, Uchida needs Nissan’s core working revenue margin to exceed 5 p.c. Nissan is already creating a brand new marketing strategy for the post-Nissan Subsequent period, Uchida stated. That plan will give attention to progress.

Uchida needs to attain profitability by way of “high quality of gross sales” — that means higher-value transactions that do not depend on discounting or fleet quantity. Nissan tried the same technique beneath Uchida’s predecessor, Hiroto Saikawa, however with lackluster outcomes — gross sales plunged with out the spiffs.

However Uchida says the dynamic is completely different this time, because of an inflow of recent product.

“The standard of gross sales course was set even earlier than my time,” he stated. “However in fact, you will be unable to alter in three months, six months, one yr. … The product is among the pillars.”

The brand new Ariya all-electric crossover, due within the U.S. in late 2021, epitomizes the brand new product push, Uchida stated. The Rogue-size EV guarantees a variety as much as 300 miles, presents a newly developed all-wheel-drive electrical powertrain and sports activities an upscale, trendy inside.

Nissan unveiled the automotive in July — lengthy forward of its U.S. launch — to telegraph the automobile’s added worth and new applied sciences to a buyer base extra accustomed to Nissan as a cut price model.

“We need to make sure that the worth of our Nissan EV, or beyond-EV, I’d say, shall be correctly acknowledged by our prospects,” Uchida stated of the Ariya, which can begin round $40,000.

“We wish the client to really feel, to know and be keen to spend for our price.”
— to www.autonews.com

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
the fact that nissan is building their halo sports cars in house during these times speaks volumes to the dedication for their core enthusiast...

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
They also need to refresh most models. The Z and maybe the new GT-R will create new awareness in the brand but they need to also have other good desirable models available in my opinion.