First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Could be a good season for Nissan, following.....

https://www.motorsport.com/supergt/news/suzuka-testing-nissan-honda-toyota/7588146/

"A total of eight cars were in action at the Japanese Grand Prix venue for the first day of a two-day test that marks the first GT500 group running of the year.

Nissan was the best represented marque, with all four of its new Z machines that will race in 2022 in attendance along with an extra NISMO test car.

It was this car that set the fastest time of the day, a 1m44.846s, ahead of the likewise Michelin-shod #23 NISMO and #3 NDDP Racing machines.

Honda convert Bertrand Baguette had his first experience in the #12 Impul Z that he will share with Kazuki Hiramine this season, having been finally unveiled as a Nissan driver on Tuesday morning.

Impul's Bridgestone-equipped car was fastest in the morning session with a best time of 1m45.168s, but was only fifth in the afternoon behind the sole Honda in attendance, the Real Racing NSX-GT.

Tuesday marked new signing Nobuharu Matsushita’s first running aboard the Astemo-backed car, which was running with Type S-spec bodywork.

Both of Yokohama’s two GT500 entries were present at Suzuka - the Kondo Racing Nissan, which was sixth fastest and slowest of the Z contingent, and Racing Project Bandoh’s Toyota GR Supra.

The only other Toyota present was a test car on Bridgestone tyres, the #90 machine. Cerumo's Yuji Tachikawa and reigning champion Sho Tsuboi were among those on driving duties, with TOM'S man Tsuboi deputising for an unwell Hiroaki Ishiura.

Dunlop was the only GT500 tyre manufacturer not represented at Suzuka, but was present for a Honda test at Fuji Speedway, where Nakajima Racing's #64 machine was in action along with ARTA's #8 NSX-GT and an additional test car.

........"

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
I hope the driver made it out ok.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
this reminds me of when the new nsx proto caught fire during testing before production.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
It looks like a goddamn Batmobile... I LOVE IT

Batmobile-2-1024x555.jpg

I dunno if anybody else here plays Gran Turismo, but I would shit my pants if the Z GT500 were to become available in the upcoming GT7 game.

Last edited: