First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
Curious as to what some of our fellow members would want to see out of the Nismo? If the most expensive base car is around 45K. What are we getting for our hard earned 50-55K?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I don’t know how 55k translates for you guys in the US.
Would this be on par with a Supra? Or is it still a bit cheaper.
I’ve been told to expect around 80k in Aus, but then again a Supra here costs 95k new

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
There were still talks about the upcoming Nismo Z having hybrid power, transitioning away from the ICE era. I wouldn't mind that, the power increase plus sweet range for long trips. Just how long to wait for this though....

OP
OP
Snake

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Sales
The Supra here cost around 55K brand new. If you buy that car here in CA your looking a little north of 60k with tax and registration. I checked the conversion to AUD and it’s about 77k?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The Supra here cost around 55K brand new. If you buy that car here in CA your looking a little north of 60k with tax and registration. I checked the conversion to AUD and it’s about 77k?
So my point being...if a Supra costs 55k in the US, then the Z really needs to come in at 50k or less to knock it out of the park...would you agree?
Conversion is about right, but as I have previously indicated....we get ripped of in Oz, paying around $13k Aus more..for what I have no idea, but it’s not just Nissan, it’s all cars.
And that’s why I’m saying don’t discount the Australian market, they make a lot of money per car from us
Back to your original question then.
If I’m paying 80k Australia, I would expect A LOT.
Nothing specific, more like everything :)

Last edited:

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
personally, i would like the nismo to have 450-500hp, GTR 6/4 pot brakes, a nice body kit, upgraded recaros, and clean black wheel option.

also, if Nissan can bring back Monterrey blue i'd be very happy lol

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I would love a Dual Clutch option personally. If the Nismo pushes around 500hp, then a manual might be far less usable.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
I would love a Dual Clutch option personally. If the Nismo pushes around 500hp, then a manual might be far less usable.
i highly doubt they will put a DCT in the new Z.

with the power/weight of it, a DCT would make it a cheaper option that almost matches the GTR. that being said, the rumors of the R36 being dead could give a little hope they just make the new Z a cheaper option to keep GTR fans interested and use a DCT.

OP
OP
Snake

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Sales
So my point being...if a Supra costs 55k in the US, then the Z really needs to come in at 50k or less to knock it out of the park...would you agree?
Conversion is about right, but as I have previously indicated....we get ripped of in Oz, paying around $13k Aus more..for what I have no idea, but it’s not just Nissan, it’s all cars.
And that’s why I’m saying don’t discount the Australian market, they make a lot of money per car from us
Back to your original question then.
If I’m paying 80k Australia, I would expect A LOT.
Nothing specific, more like everything :)
I agree with you on price point to beat the supra, however i don't think we are going to get the Nismo at that price. The base seems like it will have enough performance to undercut the Supra at 45-50k but the lack of info and fuckery going on the other thread with the "director of com" is disheartening.
It's unfortunate that you guys get ripped off on pricing but I guess its the way of the world, probably a lot of unseen cost transporting the cars to AUS plus whatever profit everyone who is involved in the transaction wants to make.
Just out of curiosity, how much did a new holden cost when they were still in production?

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
For Nismo,
500hp+ (3.5L twin turbo... the one on NSX makes 500hp exactly)
AWD
DCT optional (quick shifting) ... one is available on the C8 (sourced from Tremec)
Active Spoiler
Brembo brakes (front at least. Acura TLX Type-S has it)
Price: $60k (the Z will be $35k to $45k)

No hybrid, please.

OP
OP
Snake

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Sales
For Nismo,
500hp+ (3.5L twin turbo... the one on NSX makes 500hp exactly)
AWD
DCT optional (quick shifting) ... one is available on the C8 (sourced from Tremec)
Active Spoiler
Brembo brakes (front at least. Acura TLX Type-S has it)
Price: $60k (the Z will be $35k to $45k)

No hybrid, please.
These are all amazing things we would love to see in any sports car, however to play devil's advocate, it looks like you want a GTR lol I would love for the nismo to clock in around 475-500hp mark. Although I'm not entirely sure I'll go the Nismo route.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
These are all amazing things we would love to see in any sports car, however to play devil's advocate, it looks like you want a GTR lol I would love for the nismo to clock in around 475-500hp mark. Although I'm not entirely sure I'll go the Nismo route.
I would happily take 466hp if that is less invasive to GTR territory.
(400/3)*3.5 = 466hp. (got to make more power for the added AWD weight)
Current-gen GTR has 565hp.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I agree with you on price point to beat the supra, however i don't think we are going to get the Nismo at that price. The base seems like it will have enough performance to undercut the Supra at 45-50k but the lack of info and fuckery going on the other thread with the "director of com" is disheartening.
It's unfortunate that you guys get ripped off on pricing but I guess its the way of the world, probably a lot of unseen cost transporting the cars to AUS plus whatever profit everyone who is involved in the transaction wants to make.
Just out of curiosity, how much did a new holden cost when they were still in production?
That I wouldn’t be able to tell you.
My son has a Holden Commodore, but it’s 20 years old ( was his grandfathers) and I haven’t looked at one since.

We are use to the pricing....it’s never been any different

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Don't see it ever being AWD.

What would get me spending the extra $: magnetic adaptive dampers, track-capable brakes and cooling to prevent limp mode on track, an eLSD with true torque vectoring, active exhaust. A 360 camera would be nice, rear parking sensors and cross-traffic alert should be on base model.

I'd rather have a significant weight reduction than added power.