First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Machinist/cnc programmer
Has anyone installed the nismo coilovers? I was wondering how others have gone about setting ride height. It seems to me that the rear needs to be set at the min and the front needs to be adjusted all the way out to get enough clearance. Or maybe I don't have the preload set correctly. Anyone have a similar issue?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dhartz1

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Machinist/cnc programmer
They feel great. Apples and oranges compared to the factory suspension. Adjustment is easy considering you really only have coilovers on the front. The shock spring setup in the rear is easy to adjust. I found that I could not fall within the "spec" range on the instructions. To get any clearance. I bought mine from nissan wholesale direct. So I don't think they did any setup before I got them. This was the ride height out of the box. Right at the min, 13in from center hub to fender.

20230924_120936.jpg

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
They feel great. Apples and oranges compared to the factory suspension. Adjustment is easy considering you really only have coilovers on the front. The shock spring setup in the rear is easy to adjust. I found that I could not fall within the "spec" range on the instructions. To get any clearance. I bought mine from nissan wholesale direct. So I don't think they did any setup before I got them. This was the ride height out of the box. Right at the min, 13in from center hub to fender.

20230924_120936.jpg
G’day, I’ve been tossing up different options to improve the handling of my Z but my knowledge of coil overs is limited. Did you end up with the setup you’d hoped for? Also, how much adjustability is there with the nismo’s? Can’t seem to find any info on these , cheers

OP
OP

Dhartz1

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Machinist/cnc programmer
I did get what I was looking for as far as ride stiffness adjustability. They give you 16 settings. You can set it to feel like a skateboard, or just as almost as soft as factory. The spring rate will never let it feel as mushy. Ride height is a little different. You would get more adjustability with rear coilovers over the shock spring set you get for the rear. That being said the front on the other hand you can slam all the way down so you can get your of your driveway. But if you only want to drop it a couple of inches and still be able drive the car, the nismo coilovers work great. I've not come across any camber issues. Where there was not enough adjustment. This is how I have mine set up at the moment
1000003536.jpg

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
If these are the same part numbers as on the Nismo Z, along with swaybars, would be an ideal setup. Nismo Z tests have been very positive in the handling department, huge improvement over the stock Performance.

I've had experience with KW V3s over the years, would like to compare.

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
If these are the same part numbers as on the Nismo Z, along with swaybars, would be an ideal setup. Nismo Z tests have been very positive in the handling department, huge improvement over the stock Performance.

I've had experience with KW V3s over the years, would like to compare.
Does anyone know who makes the Nismo coilovers? Where are they made? Curious if they’re just rebranded for Nismo USA or are they Nismo Japan which are typically made specifically for Nismo in Japan.

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
I did get what I was looking for as far as ride stiffness adjustability. They give you 16 settings. You can set it to feel like a skateboard, or just as almost as soft as factory. The spring rate will never let it feel as mushy. Ride height is a little different. You would get more adjustability with rear coilovers over the shock spring set you get for the rear. That being said the front on the other hand you can slam all the way down so you can get your of your driveway. But if you only want to drop it a couple of inches and still be able drive the car, the nismo coilovers work great. I've not come across any camber issues. Where there was not enough adjustment. This is how I have mine set up at the moment
1000003536.jpg
Thanks for the heads up and glad to hear you’re happy with the results. Your Z looks great!
Is it easy to adjust the damping front and rear on these?

Thefunk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance
Sorry to zombify this thread but I'm too am interested in the nismo suspension setup. Does the performer trim need any additional parts to use the nismo suspension?

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry
Occupation
VA
To change the height of the ride, first set up the preload as suggested by the maker. Next, slowly alter each corner to get to your preferred height for riding but keep sure there is still correct movement in suspension. In your case, it seems you may have to change the front coilovers more than those at back to make it even. Try various adjustments until you discover a good mix of space underneath and control when driving.