First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher
Somebody that is good at photoshop should do a Newman-Sharp inspired red white and blue one.
Great driver who happened to also have done some pretty great films too. The guy was a class act and did a ton of great charity work.

OP
OP

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Great driver who happened to also have done some pretty great films too. The guy was a class act and did a ton of great charity work.
Some people would maybe disagree with me, but I rank Paul Newman up there with Steve McQueen. Definitely one of the greats.

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Some people would maybe disagree with me, but I rank Paul Newman up there with Steve McQueen. Definitely one of the greats.
I think McQueen was a poseur compared to Newman. McQueen only raced at Le Mans in a movie. Newman finished first in class and second overall there when he was 54 years old.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I think McQueen was a poseur compared to Newman. McQueen only raced at Le Mans in a movie. Newman finished first in class and second overall there when he was 54 years old.
Wasn’t he planning on racing Le Mans? I think the movie big wigs wouldn’t allow him to compete due to the dangers.

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Wasn’t he planning on racing Le Mans? I think the movie big wigs wouldn’t allow him to compete due to the dangers.
Not sure, but Newman put acting on the back burner to go racing and competed well into his ‘70s.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Not sure, but Newman put acting on the back burner to go racing and competed well into his ‘70s.
I watched Newman several times in his 280ZX Turbo racing at Riverside Raceway back then under SCCA's series, he was a focused top notch race car driver, on winner's circle often.

By the way he used number 33, the 46 above was Bob Sharp's number, the same theme colors, sweet!

On2Vegas

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Man I've seen a lot of pre-release renders for cars over the years, but the aftermarket seems to be itching to get their hands on this one. I think the Z has an understated beauty which is likely why many of these top-level designers are enjoying re-imagining it.