Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Timeless design, exhilarating performance: New Nissan Z Australian timing and trims locked in l News l Nissan Australia

2023 Nissan Z_O-22_2400x1350-min.png.ximg.l_12_h.smart.png

Melbourne, Australia (October 6, 2021) – A performance story that began more than 50 years ago with the iconic 240Z will pen an exciting new chapter next year, with the seventh-generation Nissan Z expected to arrive in Australia in mid-2022.

The new Nissan Z matches its proud past, with its timeless style and heritage design cues, to an exhilarating performance future, thanks to a potently twin-turbocharged V6 engine.

The new Nissan Z will arrive in Australia in mid-2022 in one well-equipped trim level, the Z coupe, but will be joined at launch by a strictly limited-edition Z Proto Spec flagship model.

“The Z name is an icon in Australia and around the world, and has been for more than half a century,” says Nissan Australia Managing Director, Adam Paterson. “When it comes to creating a new Z vehicle, that legacy is both a privilege and a responsibility.

“I’m thrilled that the new Z doesn’t just further the story, it rewrites it. From power to handling, technology to cabin comfort, this is a vehicle designed to delight, and we can’t wait for its Australian fans to get behind the wheel.

”Performance is everything in the Z story, and it’s at the heart of the Z coupe, with this stunning rear-wheel-drive sports car fitted with a mechanical limited-slip differential and launch control as standard equipment.

Available with a nine-speed automatic complete with paddle shifters, or a six-speed manual with synchronised rev control for faster shifting, the Z coupe is set up for performance from the outset.

The six-speed close-ratio manual transmission includes an EXEDY® high-performance clutch and a carbon-fibre composite drive shaft, increasing the connection between man and machine.

The advanced nine-speed automatic transmission is tuned for quick response and faster acceleration, and pairs with aluminium paddle shifters for even more driver control.

While its design is classic, the Nissan Z’s on-board technology is anything but, with an 8.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay®^ and Android Auto™^ smart phone integration, and a fully customisable 12.3-inch TFT meter display with three display modes designed to match your driving mood.

“Normal” mode offers a sporty feel with the centre area free for navigation, audio and vehicle information. “Enhanced” mode pushes the tachometer and speedometer to the edges of the display, giving more space in the centre for a larger navigation map and information to be displayed.

“Sport” mode priorities the tachometer in the centre with shift-up light at the top for shift information in the driver’s field of view. The Sport mode also allows for a boost gauge or G meter to be displayed. The Nissan Z coupe is also equipped leather-accented seats*, while the cabin is fitted with both Active Noise Cancellation and Active Sound Enhancement, the former to lock out road, wind and tyre noise, and the latter enhancing the natural driving soundtrack.

Safety remains a cornerstone of Nissan vehicles, and the Z coupe’s Nissan Intelligent Mobility suite of safety systems includes front and rear parking sensors, Rear View camera, Intelligent Cruise Control, Predictive Forward Collision Warning, Forward Emergency Braking with pedestrian detection, Blind Spot Warning & Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Lane Departure Warning.

The Nissan Z Proto Spec will be offered in limited numbers at launch, and will act as the ultimate expression of the new Nissan Z.

It begins with bespoke 19-inch bronze forged alloy wheels, which frame the unique yellow brake calipers exclusive to the Proto Spec. The black interior treatment is finished with unique yellow interior accents and stitching, perfectly synching the exterior and interior design themes.

And for the full Z experience, the Proto Spec is available in a stunning two-tone yellow and black exterior design scheme, pairing an Ikazuchi Yellow body with a Super Black roof.

Both the Z coupe and Z Proto Spec are fitted with a 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbocharged engine that delivers significant gains in both power and torque.

The engine is tuned for immediate response, and that, along with the increase in key outputs, will see the new Z’s zero-to-100km/h time reduce by around 15 per cent.

To achieve the increases, small-diameter turbochargers were adopted, as well as a turbo speed sensor to ensure the capabilities of the turbos are fully utilised (max spooling speed). The twin turbos balance power output and response time, while the use of an electronic variable valve timing (e-VVT) intake valve system ensures optimum response, adjusting the intake valve timing on-the-fly to achieve excellent response and fuel efficiency in a variety of driving scenes.

The Nissan Z legend continues in Australia in mid-2022.

https://www.nissan.com.au/about-nis...timeless-design-exhilarating-performance.html

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Timeless design, exhilarating performance: New Nissan Z Australian timing and trims locked in l News l Nissan Australia

2023 Nissan Z_O-22_2400x1350-min.png.ximg.l_12_h.smart.png

Melbourne, Australia (October 6, 2021) – A performance story that began more than 50 years ago with the iconic 240Z will pen an exciting new chapter next year, with the seventh-generation Nissan Z expected to arrive in Australia in mid-2022.

The new Nissan Z matches its proud past, with its timeless style and heritage design cues, to an exhilarating performance future, thanks to a potently twin-turbocharged V6 engine.

The new Nissan Z will arrive in Australia in mid-2022 in one well-equipped trim level, the Z coupe, but will be joined at launch by a strictly limited-edition Z Proto Spec flagship model.

“The Z name is an icon in Australia and around the world, and has been for more than half a century,” says Nissan Australia Managing Director, Adam Paterson. “When it comes to creating a new Z vehicle, that legacy is both a privilege and a responsibility.

“I’m thrilled that the new Z doesn’t just further the story, it rewrites it. From power to handling, technology to cabin comfort, this is a vehicle designed to delight, and we can’t wait for its Australian fans to get behind the wheel.

”Performance is everything in the Z story, and it’s at the heart of the Z coupe, with this stunning rear-wheel-drive sports car fitted with a mechanical limited-slip differential and launch control as standard equipment.

Available with a nine-speed automatic complete with paddle shifters, or a six-speed manual with synchronised rev control for faster shifting, the Z coupe is set up for performance from the outset.

The six-speed close-ratio manual transmission includes an EXEDY® high-performance clutch and a carbon-fibre composite drive shaft, increasing the connection between man and machine.

The advanced nine-speed automatic transmission is tuned for quick response and faster acceleration, and pairs with aluminium paddle shifters for even more driver control.

While its design is classic, the Nissan Z’s on-board technology is anything but, with an 8.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay®^ and Android Auto™^ smart phone integration, and a fully customisable 12.3-inch TFT meter display with three display modes designed to match your driving mood.

“Normal” mode offers a sporty feel with the centre area free for navigation, audio and vehicle information. “Enhanced” mode pushes the tachometer and speedometer to the edges of the display, giving more space in the centre for a larger navigation map and information to be displayed.

“Sport” mode priorities the tachometer in the centre with shift-up light at the top for shift information in the driver’s field of view. The Sport mode also allows for a boost gauge or G meter to be displayed. The Nissan Z coupe is also equipped leather-accented seats*, while the cabin is fitted with both Active Noise Cancellation and Active Sound Enhancement, the former to lock out road, wind and tyre noise, and the latter enhancing the natural driving soundtrack.

Safety remains a cornerstone of Nissan vehicles, and the Z coupe’s Nissan Intelligent Mobility suite of safety systems includes front and rear parking sensors, Rear View camera, Intelligent Cruise Control, Predictive Forward Collision Warning, Forward Emergency Braking with pedestrian detection, Blind Spot Warning & Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Lane Departure Warning.

The Nissan Z Proto Spec will be offered in limited numbers at launch, and will act as the ultimate expression of the new Nissan Z.

It begins with bespoke 19-inch bronze forged alloy wheels, which frame the unique yellow brake calipers exclusive to the Proto Spec. The black interior treatment is finished with unique yellow interior accents and stitching, perfectly synching the exterior and interior design themes.

And for the full Z experience, the Proto Spec is available in a stunning two-tone yellow and black exterior design scheme, pairing an Ikazuchi Yellow body with a Super Black roof.

Both the Z coupe and Z Proto Spec are fitted with a 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbocharged engine that delivers significant gains in both power and torque.

The engine is tuned for immediate response, and that, along with the increase in key outputs, will see the new Z’s zero-to-100km/h time reduce by around 15 per cent.

To achieve the increases, small-diameter turbochargers were adopted, as well as a turbo speed sensor to ensure the capabilities of the turbos are fully utilised (max spooling speed). The twin turbos balance power output and response time, while the use of an electronic variable valve timing (e-VVT) intake valve system ensures optimum response, adjusting the intake valve timing on-the-fly to achieve excellent response and fuel efficiency in a variety of driving scenes.

The Nissan Z legend continues in Australia in mid-2022.

https://www.nissan.com.au/about-nis...timeless-design-exhilarating-performance.html
Yep, we had this discussion over on the Aussie thread, reservations are officially open and any deposits that were placed prior have now flicked over into the “official” reservation list.
I’d love to go for a Proto, but worried I’ll miss out and then be put to the back of the line for a regular Z…plus we still don’t know how much either will cost in Aus. Estimates start at 70k but some have said as high as 100k.
I think/ hope it will be between 75-80k on road…any more I think they will lose a lot of us

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Yep, we had this discussion over on the Aussie thread, reservations are officially open and any deposits that were placed prior have now flicked over into the “official” reservation list.
I’d love to go for a Proto, but worried I’ll miss out and then be put to the back of the line for a regular Z…plus we still don’t know how much either will cost in Aus. Estimates start at 70k but some have said as high as 100k.
I think/ hope it will be between 75-80k on road…any more I think they will lose a lot of us
And you guys get no dealer markups over there correct?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Co
And you guys get no dealer markups over there correct?
Correct. Nissan Aus sets the price, the dealer is bound by it. They can give you less of a trade in, or try and sell you overpriced add ons like tinting etc to get more money but not alter the car price.

BUT we do have some drawbacks…for instance our price will most likely be almost double yours, even though the exchange rate is only around 20% different.
If it goes above 76k the government ( not the dealer) charges us a luxury car tax.

But in terms of dealers, what is set by Nissan is how much they are sold for

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Correct. Nissan Aus sets the price, the dealer is bound by it. They can give you less of a trade in, or try and sell you overpriced add ons like tinting etc to get more money but not alter the car price.
I have been quoted a 2k delivery fee which I would usually try and weasel out of it, but considering what we're hearing from abroad I'm happy to let it slide!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have been quoted a 2k delivery fee which I would usually try and weasel out of it, but considering what we're hearing from abroad I'm happy to let it slide!
Yeah but it’s a cross the board, built in…it’s the norm.
Not like what seems to be happening in the US

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
The standard model seems it has some Performance goodies.

I like this combo...

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
So it's only the Performance trim and Proto Spec, your only choices are auto or manual and colors. Simplifies things.

And Boulder Gray only comes with the black roof, my option anyway. This should be the same color pallette here in the US.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The standard model seems it has some Performance goodies.

I like this combo...
In Australia it’s the norm to get 1 model only.
This seems to be the performance model in every way excluding the 9inch screen with only the 8 on offer. On the Aussie thread we had a conversation about why this would be the case…decided it’s probably not a money saving thing because out of everything on offer there were other things that could have been withdrawn and saved more.
More likely to be a chip shortage thing…another guy suggested this as there are certain applications in an infotainment unit that wouldn’t work in Aus that would normally be turned off…so it’s perhaps saving chips by going the smaller screen.

It’s surprising we are getting the proto and most dealers in Aus had no idea that we were until Nissan Australia sent out emails to those who have expressed interest

Also interesting to note, even though Nissan Aus opened up the official reservations, that the cars are still not listed in the dealers computers and no prices have been set as yet … so they need to do a manual order through the back door and send it through with “price subject to change” on the contract. Luckily in Aus after 6months if a contract hasn’t been delivered you can exit and get a full refund no issues. Given the car is most likely going to be 6 months away, if it’s too rich for some, you can cancel the contract. Plus I don’t think the dealers will be too upset because demand looks like it is definitely outstripping supply at least for the first deliveries.
It all seems to point to the fact that they were not originally going to open reservations till later, but decided to do so due to the sheer numbers the dealers were already selling.

This is good and bad. Good in that this is going to get Nissan back on the map…bad because I kinda like having a car that’s a little different

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
This seems to be the performance model in every way excluding the 9inch screen with only the 8 on offer. On the Aussie thread we had a conversation about why this would be the case…decided it’s probably not a money saving thing because out of everything on offer there were other things that could have been withdrawn and saved more.
More likely to be a chip shortage thing…another guy suggested this as there are certain applications in an infotainment unit that wouldn’t work in Aus that would normally be turned off…so it’s perhaps saving chips by going the smaller screen.

It’s surprising we are getting the proto and most dealers in Aus had no idea that we were until Nissan Australia sent out emails to those who have expressed interest

Also interesting to note, even though Nissan Aus opened up the official reservations, that the cars are still not listed in the dealers computers and no prices have been set as yet … so they need to do a manual order through the back door and send it through with “price subject to change” on the contract. Luckily in Aus after 6months if a contract hasn’t been delivered you can exit and get a full refund no issues. Given the car is most likely going to be 6 months away, if it’s too rich for some, you can cancel the contract. Plus I don’t think the dealers will be too upset because demand looks like it is definitely outstripping supply at least for the first deliveries.
It all seems to point to the fact that they were not originally going to open reservations till later, but decided to do so due to the sheer numbers the dealers were already selling.

This is good and bad. Good in that this is going to get Nissan back on the map…bad because I kinda like having a car that’s a little different
Regarding the 8 inch display listed in the specifications vs. the 9 inch normally in the premium package, just remember the engine displacement typo in the original US release. That's all this may be as well.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Did the 370z or Q60 get the CF driveshaft ?
No, it's an all new Z exclusive.

This seems to be the performance model in every way excluding the 9inch screen with only the 8 on offer.
The 9" unit is likely reserved for the US features such as SiriusXM, NissanConnect and HomeLink. The difference between 8" to 9" is negligible, I won't be losing sleep.

Last edited: