First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Just gotta finish tiling my shower and do some grout. After that it's just waiting on glass.

Did new vanities, new toilet, built that wall between the shower and tub, new fixtures, and 18" tile.
that looks really nice. are you going with the same tile in the shower or something different?

speaking of, today the glass and mirrors finally came in. i went with the 'raindrop glass' because it's supposed to be easier to keep clean than the clear stuff.

IP9aU1MP-442249914.jpeg

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
that looks really nice. are you going with the same tile in the shower or something different?

speaking of, today the glass and mirrors finally came in. i went with the 'raindrop glass' because it's supposed to be easier to keep clean than the clear stuff.

IP9aU1MP-442249914.jpeg
I spy a good boy (or girl) supervising, too

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

IP9aU1MP-442249914.jpeg
Same tile for the wall, did a 2" hex on the shower floor. Cutting all the individual pieces along the bottom and right side was fun. The tiles are actually pretty dope. Some shiny, the others pearlescent.

20220922_174440.jpg

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
that is carson...named after the butler in downton abbey. and yes he's a very good boy...unless he sees another animal

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
that is carson...named after the butler in downton abbey. and yes he's a very good boy...unless he sees another animal
Carson…great name, I love me a bit of Downton
As to your bathroom..great job, and I hope the are right about the shower screens. They are a bugger to clean, and look disgusting the day after you’ve done it, even after doing all the tips and tricks 😖

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
As to your bathroom..great job, and I hope the are right about the shower screens. They are a bugger to clean, and look disgusting the day after you’ve done it, even after doing all the tips and tricks 😖
My shower glass down in my basement isn't terrible, but you have to be religious about using the squeegee after every shower.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Same tile for the wall, did a 2" hex on the shower floor. Cutting all the individual pieces along the bottom and right side was fun. The tiles are actually pretty dope. Some shiny, the others pearlescent.

20220922_174440.jpg
yeah...that's good stuff. i had it in all 3 bathrooms at my lakehouse. what's cool is it has a slight texture on it to keep you from slipping.

this time around i went with 'river rocks'. i had it in a hotel i stayed at when diving in either bonaire or curacao. it feels awesome after a long day on your feet.

20220927_023741.jpg

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
My shower glass down in my basement isn't terrible, but you have to be religious about using the squeegee after every shower.
i had a well drilled and though the water is great, it's a little hard. i plan on installing a filtering system as well as a water softener...this should help with the water spots.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
i had a well drilled and though the water is great, it's a little hard. i plan on installing a filtering system as well as a water softener...this should help with the water spots.
We are on city water but it's in Florida so it has minerals. Here's a couple of things we went to after having a PITA salt-based water softener. They work perfectly:

iSpring WGB21B 2-Stage Whole... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9A4UVU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

https://www.yarna.com/

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco

IP9aU1MP-442249914.jpeg
Did any of you go with underfloor heating? I installed an electric heating cable under our bathroom tile floor, and it's been very nice during Chicagoland winters. (Don't make the mistake I did though, and fail to install insulation under the floor.)

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Did any of you go with underfloor heating? I installed an electric heating cable under our bathroom tile floor, and it's been very nice during Chicagoland winters. (Don't make the mistake I did though, and fail to install insulation under the floor.)
Nope. I'm moving back down to Florida in about a year so I'm not doing more work than I need to. Had heated floors in Korea which was nice but it was also the only heat in the apartment which sucked.