First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Now we're talking! Looks like pretty decent gains for a tune. Traction is the main issue with the Challenger as well. You almost have to put bigger wheels and tires on to get the most out of it unless you get the WB trim. I guess my main concern now is how good the trans is going to be and the fact there is almost no sound from the stock exhaust. Even aftermarket exhaust and straight pipes don't sound that good when you are used to a V8. I don't know if its just me, but the Supra seems to sound much better at least stock form. But then again we are not sure what the Z is going to sound like for sure yet. BTW, how does the torque delivery in these motors feel after a tune (I'm used to NA 5.0 most recently and turbo 4's before that) and what about ballpark cost for a tune and maybe some exhaust work?

Going from a V8 to V6/I6, many don't like it. I personally like the V6/I6 sounds better than the V8's, both on Nissan/Infiniti and Audi/BMW. The 6MT should handle the added power well seeing as how the VR30 conversions done by Z1, MA and others are using the Stock 6MT trans from the 370, probably just modifying a few things. The supra, is a BMW at heart, so the tuning for the sound with the pops and bangs are just how straight-6 BMWs sound in general (look up M340I exhaust sounds on YT). Torque delivery is insane on the turbo cars, there is lots of lag in higher gears and low rpms (obviously), but in general, in gears 1-5 for me on my car, the torque is ridiculous, and it'll get even better with a tune since the timing/turbo psi will be changed. Tune + Exhaust, you're looking at $3k for high quality exhaust like Fast Intentions or HKS/ARK. And they are 100% worth it. I am def going with Fast Intentions again since I loved the sound/configuration I had on my 370z previously.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
3k for a tune and exhaust sounds a little high. I just looked up the exhaust you mentioned and it is on sale for about 1.2k for just the cat back unless you get extras with it. As far as the trans, although the manual may be tempting in this kind of car, I will most likely go with the auto unless its not very good. Autos are usually faster anymore, but my biggest thing is I use the remote start a lot. I know you can install them on manual cars, but from what I hear, its not super easy and I think you then have to make sure its in neutral with the parking brake engaged when you turn it off.

OP
OP

IMPUL

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Infiniti g35x, 2015 Nissan Micra
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
3k for a tune and exhaust sounds a little high. I just looked up the exhaust you mentioned and it is on sale for about 1.2k for just the cat back unless you get extras with it. As far as the trans, although the manual may be tempting in this kind of car, I will most likely go with the auto unless its not very good. Autos are usually faster anymore, but my biggest thing is I use the remote start a lot. I know you can install them on manual cars, but from what I hear, its not super easy and I think you then have to make sure its in neutral with the parking brake engaged when you turn it off.
NATS issues with aftermarket installs. Especially with “stop-start” tech

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
LOL @ Heavy Dupree. I knew german cars were expensive, but damn, the mod $ is ridiculous. A loud obnoxious exhaust is "cheap" @ $1700 and the only decent intakes available (with coverings to prevent heat soak) also start at $600.

The funny thing is, now, the VR30 mod prices are creeping up to German levels (Catted downpipe for VR is $1700, Audi version is $1800). These turbo vehicles def have expensive mods, but the performance gains are way better than similar mods on NA.