bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Today is my Dad's birthday.

He passed away about 4-1/2 years ago, and I've never felt pain like that before. But I also like to look at the joy he brought into this world. This is the man who taught me how change a flat (I guess we don't do that any more with the Z), do an oil oil change, and check the air pressure in the tires.

He also taught me how to drive a stick in his F-150. We went up to Hospital Hill (Ajo, AZ), and he taught me how to find the point that the clutch engages. I've owned manual transmission cars ever since. I can only imagine the damage I did to that clutch in that F-150.

My Dad loved small Japanese cars. I tried to convince him to buy a Honda Prelude when I was in high school. He loved the car, but never bought one, probably because it wasn't practical enough for a father. Later on he had a Toyota Celica (when he was an empty nester). He took the back roads with that car when he came to visit.

I think the Z is a car my dad would have loved. Absolutely impractical, but a joy to drive. I'd loved to have shared it with him.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
When I get my manual Z, I plan to teach my son how to drive a manual.
That is, if he wants to learn and Nissan intends to sell me one.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Today is my Dad's birthday.

He passed away about 4-1/2 years ago, and I've never felt pain like that before. But I also like to look at the joy he brought into this world. This is the man who taught me how change a flat (I guess we don't do that any more with the Z), do an oil oil change, and check the air pressure in the tires.

He also taught me how to drive a stick in his F-150. We went up to Hospital Hill (Ajo, AZ), and he taught me how to find the point that the clutch engages. I've owned manual transmission cars ever since. I can only imagine the damage I did to that clutch in that F-150.

My Dad loved small Japanese cars. I tried to convince him to buy a Honda Prelude when I was in high school. He loved the car, but never bought one, probably because it wasn't practical enough for a father. Later on he had a Toyota Celica (when he was an empty nester). He took the back roads with that car when he came to visit.

I think the Z is a car my dad would have loved. Absolutely impractical, but a joy to drive. I'd loved to have shared it with him.
Your dad lives on in your memories and the skills and interests he shared with you.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
When I get my manual Z, I plan to teach my son how to drive a manual.
That is, if he wants to learn and Nissan intends to sell me one.
By the time the Z comes your son would graduate college already. 😂