Just Bought a 2024 Z Sport Trim

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
Traded in my 2017 370z Sport 6 speed Manual (NISMO bumper conversion) for the new Z (Automatic) this weekend. The Sport trims are hard to find, I could only find 2 within a 500 mile range in Florida, and one of the dealers told me to pound sand when I told them I'm only looking to purchase at MSRP.

I ended up paying close to $2k over sticker (shame on me) but it's still a lot cheaper than the Performance trim so I'm pleased with the deal. Some quick impressions and random notes:

- The dealership actually let me test drive the Z without me even asking to, and they even let me drive it alone. I was surprised that they allowed a test drive and even more so that he let me drive it alone. Thought that was worth noting as online all I hear is no dealers allow test drives. It seems like it's up to the salesman and if he thinks you're serious he'll let you drive it.

- The Z looks great in person. The grill isn't offensive at all but that might be due to the Black color blending it in more. The rear of the Z is where it really shines, it looks so classy.

- The old truckish feel of the 370z is completely gone. This car feels modern and is super super smooth.

- The view in the drivers seat and ergonomics feel very similar to the 370z. When I sat in for the first time it felt natural and familiar to me.

- Car is quick. I am going from Manual to Auto so some of the differences I'm feeling might just be because of the transmission change. Comparing it to the 370Z the big difference is how it's fast at all speeds. With the 370z it only really felt quick in 1st and 2nd gear. I'm still driving it semi conservatively due to the break in period but what you notice is how quickly you get up to speed, it really sneaks up on you.

- The base Brakes feel really good, I am comparing this to my older car which was getting up there in miles without ever changing the pads or rotors so that could be why but I don't miss the Akebonos for now.

- The speakers and bass are disappointing. It's sad that the Sport's sound system is worse than the Bose system in the 370z. If that's a big deal for you than you'll need to buy the Performance trim.

- The steering wheel's aluminum looking trim at the 6 o'clock position does not feel good to touch. I always though it was metal but it's definitely plastic. Disappointing but it does look nice.

- The Sport's Apple Carplay is WIRED only. For wireless carplay you need to buy the Performance trim.

- The driver cockpit feels tighter, as if I have less side to side leg room. This is not necessarily a negative, just an observation.

- Seats are actually great, bolsters are tighter than my 370z and they are very comfortable. The cloth seems high quality.

- Digital dash is very nice. The dash let's you pick from 3 different gauge cluster designs, the Sport one is the only one worth using. It would have been great if instead of giving us the other 2 useless options if there were options to change the color theme of the Sport gauge. This one is blue and the Nismo is a red theme, but some other options would have been great.

That's all for now!

IMG_8763 2.jpg

IMG_8768.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Congrats ! She’s beautiful. Do you have any plans to modify?

OP
OP

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
Congrats ! She’s beautiful. Do you have any plans to modify?
Thanks! I really love the look of the NISMO engine cover and strut bar. I'll be looking to get those to dress up the engine bay a bit. Other than that I need to drive it a bit more to see if I'm happy with the current exhaust or want to upgrade. A nice exhaust note really ups the enjoyment of driving a car.

Other stuff like suspension and tuning I'm going to hold off for now. With my last Z I only did one autocross event, and didn't do any nice road trips. This time I want to do more autocross events and do a road trip to the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway. I want to properly use the car and truly enjoy it as both a grand tourer and a sports car.

Once I've enjoyed it enough stock, then I'll probably look into adding power and improving the handling. With the large amount of torque these engines make from just a tune I am worried about traction loss and the drivability being hindered.