JDM Nissan Fairlady Z: Photos, Spec and Press Release

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
New Fairlady Z is now live on Nissan Japan's site.

English JDM Specs [PDF]

https://www3.nissan.co.jp/vehicles/new/z.html?rstid=20140314rst000100777

日産フェアレディZ

z_overview_d_1.jpg

新たな伝説が
ここからはじまる。
新型フェアレディZ
“Proto Spec”登場。

1969年の初代S30の誕生以来、フェアレディZは日本を代表するスポーツカーとして進化を続けてきました。そして2022年、いよいよ新たな伝説の幕が開きます。新型フェアレディZの誕生を記念して、標準車に先駆け、特別仕様車“Proto Spec”の登場です。

メルマガ会員登録
フェアレディZ Proto Specは240台限定の特別仕様車で、抽選販売となります。抽選には、フェアレディZのメールマガジン会員さまのみお申し込みいただけます。抽選への申し込み受付開始は、2022年2月7日を予定しております。詳細はメールマガジンにてお知らせいたします。

期間限定・新型フェアレディZのメールマガジン
ここでしか見られないフェアレディZのオリジナルコンテンツをお届けします。
詳しくはこちら
z_mailMagazine_d_01.jpg

z_exterior_d_1.jpg

エクステリア
ロングフード&ファストバックの伝統的な後輪駆動スポーツカーのスタイルに、専用カラーのレイズ製19インチアルミ鍛造ホイールとブレーキキャリパーを採用した特別なエクステリア。

走行性能
エンジン、トランスミッションなど
新型フェアレディZの走行性能についてはこちらをご覧ください。
詳しい走行性能はこちら
z_performance_d.jpg

ボディカラー
ボディカラーは、鮮烈なイカズチイエロー(3P)/スーパーブラック2トーン〈#XJS・スクラッチシールド〉(特別塗装色)を採用。雷からインスピレーションを受けた鮮烈なイエローを表現するために、高彩度イエロー顔料とゴールドに輝く人工パールフレークを用いた4層構造を採用。心を射抜かれるような美しさと力強さを感じていただける新たなイエローを生みだしました。

z_bodyColor_d.jpg

インテリア
専用カラーステッチを採用したインテリアに、専用カラー 本革・スエード調ファブリックコンビシートを採用。

z_interior_01_d_001.jpg

1/2 :

z_interior_02_d_1.jpg

2/2 :

特別装備
専用カラーのアルミホイール、ブレーキキャリパーを装備。さらに、専用内装や専用シートも採用しました。

z_specialEquipment_01_d_01.jpg

1/3 : 特別装備01
● 専用カラー 4輪アルミキャリパー対向ピストンブレーキ(イエロー)
● 専用カラー レイズ製19インチアルミ鍛造ホイール(チタニウムゴールド)

z_specialEquipment_02_d_01.jpg

2/3 : 特別装備02
● インテリア専用カラーステッチ(インストパネル、ドアトリム、MTシフトブーツ、ニーパッド)

z_specialEquipment_03_d_001.jpg

3/3 : 特別装備03
● 専用カラー 本革・スエード調ファブリックコンビシート(イエローセンターストライプ、イエローステッチ、イエローアクセントライン)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Lin626

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Here is the press release

https://global.nissannews.com/ja-JP/releases/release-b55e8bf1f8f64c95b00977f83606e834-220114-01-j

New "Fairlady Z" released in Japan
In addition, a special specification car "Proto Spec" limited to 240 units was announced.

2022/01/13

Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Nishi-ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture, President: Makoto Uchida) unveiled the new "Fairlady Z" (model for the Japanese market) at Tokyo Auto Salon 2022 on the 14th. At the same time, we announced the special specification car "Proto Spec". The new "Fairlady Z" will go on sale from the end of June this year, starting with this special edition "Proto Spec".

f2db675d087d99b557b2341d321aa58dca3dc7bc.jpg

Fairlady Z Proto Spec

The " Fairlady Z " is a sports car that is loved by fans all over the world and has sold more than 1.8 million units worldwide. The new "Fairlady Z" (US name "Z") is a new model with a maximum output of 298kW (405PS) and a maximum torque of 475N ・ m (48.4kgf ・ m) while wearing a design that makes you feel a homage to the successive “Z”. It was unveiled to the world in August last year as a model that symbolizes Nissan's DNA of "doing other things" equipped with the developed 3-liter V6 twin-turbo engine.

This time, at the Tokyo Auto Salon, the model "Fairlady Z" for the Japanese market was unveiled, and the special specification car "Proto Spec" was announced.

The 240-unit * "Proto Spec", which will be released around the end of June this year, is a special specification car inspired by the "Fairlady Z" prototype released two years ago.

The exterior of the two-tone body color of squid yellow and super black is equipped with a special color Rays 19-inch aluminum forged wheel (titanium gold) and a 4-wheel aluminum caliper opposed piston brake (yellow). The interior uses genuine leather and suede-like fabric combination sheets (yellow center stripe, yellow stitch, yellow accent line), and special color stitching is applied to the instrument panel, door trim cloth, MT shift knob boots, knee pads, etc. ..

Nissan will bring you the latest sports car design, performance and excitement through the new Fairlady Z.

Along with the release of the "Fairlady Z", the new "Fairlady Z" wristwatch, which was commercialized in collaboration with CITIZEN and NISSAN, will also be released for the first time today.

*: "Proto Spec" can be ordered online and Fairlady Z e-mail magazine membership registration is required. If there are more than 240 applications, the winner will be decided after a lottery. The application is scheduled to start on February 7th (Monday).

Zspec.jpg

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Wow, ~7 million Yen = just north of $61k USD. Not that we should take it at a 1:1 ratio, but I'd be really surprised if that's what they asked for the Proto Spec here.

That equates to roughly $84k AUD which is actually probably is close to what the price in Australia would be if it still plans to undercut the Supra here which is around $90k here.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
You'd need to look at a number of other Nissan models to figure out the typical Japanese to US price ratio and use that to estimate the proto's US price with any accuracy.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
You'd need to look at a number of other Nissan models to figure out the typical Japanese to US price ratio and use that to estimate the proto's US price with any accuracy.
yeah, agreed—that's why I wanted to couch it in as much "take with a grain of salt" as possible. It's just the first time I think we've seen anything close to actual pricing? It's always been "around 40k" stateside, for example

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Wow, ~7 million Yen = just north of $61k USD. Not that we should take it at a 1:1 ratio, but I'd be really surprised if that's what they asked for the Proto Spec here.
https://www.ccarprice.com/jp/nissan-car-prices-in-Japan-5

It'll probably be close to around $60k according to the prices here on this website. And that's MSRP so I can see Proto Specs easily being $70-80k after greedy US dealer markups.
yeah, agreed—that's why I wanted to couch it in as much "take with a grain of salt" as possible. It's just the first time I think we've seen anything close to actual pricing? It's always been "around 40k" stateside, for example
They have been saying that, but again that's for the base model. In reality if the special edition Z Proto Spec is actually ~$60k I'm guessing close to $50k for Performance trim.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
God it looks ever better in RHD! Very excited.
Was just about to say that…first vision for us people who drive on the correct side of the road?
pricing seems right…my dealer has said all along around 70 for normal and 80k for Proto, and a June release….after having mine on order for almost a year, it’s not too far away

it does make me question the “limited“ edition tag. 240 in Japan, 240 in the US Aus I’m guessing at least 100….then there is Canada, NZ the rest of the world.
realistically I reckon they are making around 1000, which for my mind is a First edition rather than limited …but hey each to their own

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
it does make me question the “limited“ edition tag. 240 in Japan, 240 in the US Aus I’m guessing at least 100….then there is Canada, NZ the rest of the world.
realistically I reckon they are making around 1000, which for my mind is a First edition rather than limited …but hey each to their own
Agreed. I'm confident that I could have got a Proto allocation but glad that in the end I went for the colour that I actually wanted.