Its just a parts car…huh?

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I dont understand these negative comments saying the Z is just a new look with recycled parts…so those guys are upset Nissan didnt make every single part brand new? Of course it has some recycled parts every manufacturer does this to various levels. If they did, the Z could not be offered at the attractive price it will be offered at…

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Yeah I don't get it either. Especially because it's kind of a Z car thing to reuse parts right? 240,260,and 280 were practically identical to the layman. Also I thought the only problem with the 370z interior was the lack of modern features like the digital dash which honestly I could have stayed without.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
I think people are mad about it being "recycled" parts because maybe they felt the price should have been lower.

For example if they're reusing the Z34 chassis, and I don't know if they made any changes to it like stiffening it up and reinforcing certain areas like the GR86/BRZ
The VR30 is from their Infiniti Line up
The manual is the same from the 370Z
Also those brakes are probably all Akebono calipers that's been used since the 350/370Z

The only thing new is the design itself exterior wise and the interior design along with that 9 Speed tranny.

All that cost savings, they didn't have to R&D a new engine or the manual transmission; let alone do anything for the new chassis.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I dont understand these negative comments saying the Z is just a new look with recycled parts…so those guys are upset Nissan didnt make every single part brand new? Of course it has some recycled parts every manufacturer does this to various levels. If they did, the Z could not be offered at the attractive price it will be offered at…
Or it wouldn't have been offered at all. People should just be happy we got something, and a damn good something at that.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I think people are mad about it being "recycled" parts because maybe they felt the price should have been lower.

For example if they're reusing the Z34 chassis, and I don't know if they made any changes to it like stiffening it up and reinforcing certain areas like the GR86/BRZ
Also those brakes are probably all Akebono calipers that's been used since the 350/370Z

The only thing new is the design itself exterior wise and the interior design along with that 9 Speed tranny.

All that cost savings, they didn't have to R&D a new engine or the manual transmission; let alone do anything for the new chassis.
The suspension is completely different as well.

OP
OP
BJM2021

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2

I believe if you watch the motoman interview with Alfonso, it is the same chassis but extensively re engineered and stiffened for the higher HP and increased torque etc…

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
If Nissan partnerd with another auto maker like Toyota did, people would complain. If Nissan would have developed a new platform and set the cost at $70K - $80K, people would complain. Can't please everyone.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
IMO we are all going to be pleasantly surprised how well the Z is going to be . Let the designers and engineers do they job which from what we are seeing is nothing less then great .

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
So, for those who think that, I'll say:

The VR30 short block is more advanced than the VQ37. That alone is worth more money, then factor in all of the costs to provide forced induction. Turbos, plumbing, heat exchangers, cooling resevoirs, electric coolant pump, more heat exchanger, optical turbo speed sensors.
Man, go look at a VQ37, it is basically a well built Nissan truck V6 with fancy heads and timing. Literally, it's a bare bones simple as a car can get in 21st Century (ain't nothing wrong with that!) Just because Nissan has been building the VR30 for 5ish years doesn't mean the engine assembly is free at this point. There's a lot more intricate, high quality parts on a VR than a VQ. That always cost money.

With that in mind, I challenge those naysayers to find any quality twin turbo kit and get back to me with what the price is. It'll be over $10K just for the kit, and still not as good an effort as OEM.

So what if the power window switches, interior door pull and HVAC panel is the same. What's wrong with the ones from the 370Z? Ya'll got your stupid LCD custer and fancy HU, people will notice those items 1,000x more than "oh, hey, is that the same power window switch as a 370Z?"

Some of these new cars have reached a pinnacle of engineering, crash test integrity, NVH, etc all can't be improved. The Z chassis isn't unsafe or soft, so why insist it be changed? You want your car to evolve to the point it can head-on a wall at 100mph and still open the doors? Great, so the EMT can pour you into a bag. That's why you'll see platforms like TNGA and MQB be around for a long time until all ICE cars are gone.

It sucks prices have gone up. My pay hasn't gone up. My house went from $420K in 2012 when I bought it to over a million today. My property taxes cost nearly as much as my mortgage did. I'm grateful the Z will be in the 40's, it still looks cheap compared to everything around me (unfortunately) now all I need is a 30% raise to break even....

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
So, for those who think that, I'll say:

The VR30 short block is more advanced than the VQ37. That alone is worth more money, then factor in all of the costs to provide forced induction. Turbos, plumbing, heat exchangers, cooling resevoirs, electric coolant pump, more heat exchanger, optical turbo speed sensors.
Man, go look at a VQ37, it is basically a well built Nissan truck V6 with fancy heads and timing. Literally, it's a bare bones simple as a car can get in 21st Century (ain't nothing wrong with that!) Just because Nissan has been building the VR30 for 5ish years doesn't mean the engine assembly is free at this point. There's a lot more intricate, high quality parts on a VR than a VQ. That always cost money.

With that in mind, I challenge those naysayers to find any quality twin turbo kit and get back to me with what the price is. It'll be over $10K just for the kit, and still not as good an effort as OEM.

So what if the power window switches, interior door pull and HVAC panel is the same. What's wrong with the ones from the 370Z? Ya'll got your stupid LCD custer and fancy HU, people will notice those items 1,000x more than "oh, hey, is that the same power window switch as a 370Z?"

Some of these new cars have reached a pinnacle of engineering, crash test integrity, NVH, etc all can't be improved. The Z chassis isn't unsafe or soft, so why insist it be changed? You want your car to evolve to the point it can head-on a wall at 100mph and still open the doors? Great, so the EMT can pour you into a bag. That's why you'll see platforms like TNGA and MQB be around for a long time until all ICE cars are gone.

It sucks prices have gone up. My pay hasn't gone up. My house went from $420K in 2012 when I bought it to over a million today. My property taxes cost nearly as much as my mortgage did. I'm grateful the Z will be in the 40's, it still looks cheap compared to everything around me (unfortunately) now all I need is a 30% raise to break even....
Have you thought about selling the house? Obviously the problem there is that most people would need to buy another one and who wants to do that right now. None of my business, but it sounds like you should have $600k+ in equity. I bought a house in 2014 for $125k and just sold it in July 2020 for $100k more. I thought that was pretty good for 6 years ?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Have you thought about selling the house? Obviously the problem there is that most people would need to buy another one and who wants to do that right now. None of my business, but it sounds like you should have $600k+ in equity. I bought a house in 2014 for $125k and just sold it in July 2020 for $100k more. I thought that was pretty good for 6 years ?
Yes we have thought about selling it, I always remind my wife that it is just a number. Whatever our house is worth when we sell it, other houses will be following the same trends as this house. Most people are selling somewhat undesirable homes, taking advantage of this overheated market, so competition is fierce for a home I wouldn't even want.
We thought about selling it, get a rental place. But, having that much money in the bank is SKETCHY. Also, think about how much money is lost in transactional costs......

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It’s a simple problem to explain really….people are not happy unless they have something to complain about.
I love it, and as long as pricing doesn’t go ridiculously high for the performance model I will be getting one.
For Aus that will mean a price tag of between 70-80k on the road

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Yes we have thought about selling it, I always remind my wife that it is just a number. Whatever our house is worth when we sell it, other houses will be following the same trends as this house. Most people are selling somewhat undesirable homes, taking advantage of this overheated market, so competition is fierce for a home I wouldn't even want.
We thought about selling it, get a rental place. But, having that much money in the bank is SKETCHY. Also, think about how much money is lost in transactional costs......
But just think about how happy both agents will be. They'll each have a hefty down payment for a new Z.