Sponsored

how to route wiring from driver to passenger side?

mrtomcat

Member
First Name
Thomas
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
9
Reaction score
14
Location
Los Angeles
Car(s)
2027 Nissan Z Performance
I'm trying to install some ambient lighting and need to route the driver side wires to the passenger side to plug into the cig lighter outlet... for the life of me I can't find a way to do that without having to disassemble the center console it seems.

Can anyone give advice on how to do this best and which pieces I have to open up if so to get this done?
I tried threading a stick through as you can do on other cars, that holds the wires but those little openings towards the back by the pedals don't seem to lead through to the other side.

A picture would be really helpful if available.

Thanks
 

5amp5on

Well-Known Member
First Name
EJ
Joined
Oct 13, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
528
Reaction score
1,028
Location
USA
Car(s)
2026 Pathfinder Platinum, 2024 Z Performance, 2023 Sentra SV
Occupation
Finance
I was able to push my wire into the gap between the radio and the cubby below it. There is a seam there that the wire will push into and disappear unless you ever wanted to pull it out. I've had mine in for 2 years and it's never come back out. I've found the trim pieces in this car to be very amicable to the hiding of wires.
 

Supremekai

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 21, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
342
Reaction score
358
Location
Canada
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I just did this a couple weeks ago. There's a gap in the footwell that you can use, above the gas pedal area, that goes to the passenger side.

Edit: attached photo

20261005_174615875.webp
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
mrtomcat

mrtomcat

Member
First Name
Thomas
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
9
Reaction score
14
Location
Los Angeles
Car(s)
2027 Nissan Z Performance
Interesting. I ended up removing the cupholders, shifter plate and side panels and was able to thread the wires through that based on Nissans manual for their ambient lighting kit. Took a bit to figure out but once I had it it was super easy.
 
 






Top