How easy will be to gain HP?

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
Seeing how the Supras are getting 450 with just a downpipe, exhaust, tune and on 93. I was wondering how easy will that be on the new Z? You don't really gain a lot of power in a 350z, 370z, q60s unless you go TT or SC, and something like that will cost ya about $15k if you don't do the job yourself.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
What this car is twin turbo already. Also hopefully we don’t have the ecu locked like the late model supras now the only way to tune them is to send the ecu out to Russia

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
you know im ok with 460 with just a few easy mod u can do on a sat on the garage floor lol

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Following, I don't plan on going crazy. Would be interested in an ECU tune, intake, and exhaust. Not sure who is best for ECU tune now on VR30DDTT engine now. Ecutek?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Compared to the Supra (BMW ECU) Nissan's have typically been easier to crack. So simple Bolt ons and EcuTek or JB4 can def net you really good power. Will need to balance out with a good set of tires and some suspension mods, as even the 9AT car in Japan that was sliding around had the tires losing traction in 1st/2nd gear.

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Compared to the Supra (BMW ECU) Nissan's have typically been easier to crack. So simple Bolt ons and EcuTek or JB4 can def net you really good power. Will need to balance out with a good set of tires and some suspension mods, as even the 9AT car in Japan that was sliding around had the tires losing traction in 1st/2nd gear.
I want the manual, but does anyone know if the automatics is a dual clutch?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I want the manual, but does anyone know if the automatics is a dual clutch?
Mercedes derived JATCO (Nissan) manufactured ZF (Torque converter) 9 Speed Automatic. 100% not dual clutch.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
thats why we need some beefy sized volks for the rear lol

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
Thanks. A slow slush box :(
I have a ZF-8 in my Alfa Romeo…less than 200ms per shift compared to 500ms+ in a stick. Want quicker 0-100 times and a faster car go with the auto, want nostalgia go with the stick. Short of getting tomatoes tossed at me, sticks have passed their prime. Having had my Giulia now with solid column mounted aluminum paddles the only time I would go back to a manual now is in a fun little tossable hatch where performance isn’t at the forefront but fun is ?. We all have our preferences but sticks just don’t come close to performing as well as an auto in my opinion. Plus the bonus of letting it shift in stop and go traffic.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
ZF8s are great transmissions like those found in the Supra, M240i, etc. But other ZFs have been sloppy.

I'm hoping just bolt-ons will yield some oomph even without a tune like in the days of old with Turbobacks giving you a nice little bump. Ill be waiting a little while to see how the tuning plays out on the car with whatever changes Nissan made. I'm over the early adopter pay-2-play days lol.

But hell, I'm just hoping to get the opportunity to even buy the car at sticker and enjoy the test drive at this point. Shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves here.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i really never liked the pay to play saying all it is is the excuse u overpaid to get mods, like on the new vette ive always used the borla S-types on my cars prices been around 1300-1500 buck fullcatback, but on the c8 i just looked it up 4g for half the piping lol i was like dam