How accurate were the "leaks"?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Also seems odds it doesn't have wireless charging pad and hud like all the other new Nissans.
Those other Nissans and other cars are disposable appliances, designed to be traded in frequently as technology changes, and destined to end up in Cash for Clunkers 2.0.

The Z needs to hold up to time a little better than that.
The current manifestation of smartphone "state of the art" is constantly changing. When a Z is 20 years old and there's a pad with "Qi" on it that doesn't Qi anything, it'll seem peculiar.

It's like when you get into a late 80's, early 90's car and it has a built in phone, but you can't use it because 1G doesn't exist anymore.

I remember the Anniversary Edition Z31, it had vibrasonic seats. By the mid 90's, all of those seats had fallen apart and stopped working. And, very difficult to repair after parts support is ended. So, I'm OK with Nissan holding back on some of the fluff, including cooled seats.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda beater
You realize there's be an entire mob of people angry that the Z was festooned with such "unnecessary" items as cooled seats?

I'm not that mob, but that'd definitely be a beef with a lot of enthusiasts
Make a GT trim with those options.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
gonna be really curious what the performance model is gonna cost if the base is now "around $40k"

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
When I 1st saw this I was like what's the big deal if it wasn't correct. Nissan should be happy that someone is bring attention towards the next Z... But now in retrospect I can see why Nissan was upset. Because of this guy everyone on the web expected the Z to be $35k. Now that we have learned it's going be around $40k all the cheapos are crying foul, claiming Nissan somehow mislead them, or all of a sudden Nissan is jacking up the Z's pricing.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I thi
When I 1st saw this I was like what's the big deal if it wasn't correct. Nissan should be happy that someone is bring attention towards the next Z... But now in retrospect I can see why Nissan was upset. Because of this guy everyone on the web expected the Z to be $35k. Now that we have learned it's going be around $40k all the cheapos are crying foul, claiming Nissan somehow mislead them, or all of a sudden Nissan is jacking up the Z's pricing.
I think your first thoughts were correct.
If people can’t afford an extra 5k in reality they were probably never going to buy.
Will some be disappointed…sure, but I think everyone realises that it was not Nissan who made a inaccurate statement, so no point getting upset at them