MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
2CD06DBE-A8E2-4010-A1EE-41E096ED516B_1_201_a.jpeg

That's me from last week's hurricane Larry swell.

We have Great Whites here, the numbers are increasing as well, but not like Western Australia. I'd still paddle out there, but I'd definitely be on high alert.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
1. Used to work on cars a lot until we had kids and downsized to a 2-car garage (feels like 1.5car garage), but now consumed by my kid's school. Been on a fight against the school board on anti-racism resolution and social equity (i.e. equal outcomes) .... such a weird time we live in.

2. I collect Wilton bench vise ... lol (pic below for attention)
s-l1600.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
2CD06DBE-A8E2-4010-A1EE-41E096ED516B_1_201_a.jpeg

That's me from last week's hurricane Larry swell.

We have Great Whites here, the numbers are increasing as well, but not like Western Australia. I'd still paddle out there, but I'd definitely be on high alert.
Hubby has a shark shield inbuilt in his board…no trailing tail to shock you, designed by a guy right here in WA, who’s been making his own boards for well over 30 years and operating out of WA and Bali
The science behind it is pretty good, but who knows for sure?‍♀ He did have the traditional shark shield but hated the weight of it around his ankle and the nasty sting in the tail that caught him on occasions
I know the shark bands don’t work for the great whites, but people still buy them all the same, suppose if they help ease anxiety it’s still worth it.
I’m not very good, so try not to go too far out, stick to boogie bordering most days

Great pic by the way

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
1. Used to work on cars a lot until we had kids and downsized to a 2-car garage (feels like 1.5car garage), but now consumed by my kid's school. Been on a fight against the school board on anti-racism resolution and social equity (i.e. equal outcomes) .... such a weird time we live in.

s-l1600.jpg
That’s a cool hobby…and a unique one, bench vices ….who would of thought ?

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Hubby has a shark shield inbuilt in his board…no trailing tail to shock you, designed by a guy right here in WA, who’s been making his own boards for well over 30 years and operating out of WA and Bali
The science behind it is pretty good, but who knows for sure?‍♀ He did have the traditional shark shield but hated the weight of it around his ankle and the nasty sting in the tail that caught him on occasions
I know the shark bands don’t work for the great whites, but people still buy them all the same, suppose if they help ease anxiety it’s still worth it.
I’m not very good, so try not to go too far out, stick to boogie bordering most days

Great pic by the way
I haven't tried any deterrents, but I haven't had any encounters in all the hours I've spent in the ocean. If the population keeps rising and they become more frequent in my area as the ocean temp rises I might consider one. What's the name of the company your husband uses?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I haven't tried any deterrents, but I haven't had any encounters in all the hours I've spent in the ocean. If the population keeps rising and they become more frequent in my area as the ocean temp rises I might consider one. What's the name of the company your husband uses?
https://www.rpela.com/blog-1
*EDIT just noticed he now has some suppliers in the US

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

s-l1600.jpg
ive heard of people having vices...but this is crazy lol.

when i worked in a machine shop we had a few of those but not quite as old. i have one somewhere...

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
ive heard of people having vices...but this is crazy lol.

when i worked in a machine shop we had a few of those but not quite as old. i have one somewhere...
If you find the 2" or 2.5" ones FS, jump on them. They didn't make 2.5" as much as the 2". And Wilton stop making them for the jewelers.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
If you find the 2" or 2.5" ones FS, jump on them. They didn't make 2.5" as much as the 2". And Wilton stop making them for the jewelers.
i think mine is a 3 or 4 in...once my house is built and i finally get to unpack things for my new shop i'll let you know.

built a 60x40x14 shop. hoping to put in a lift once my man-cave/guitar room is built inside.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
bass fishing...here's some small ones that came out of my tank recently (pond for those of you who don't speak texan)

IMG_20210803_193320166.jpg

IMG_20210802_202355392.jpg

remus

First Name
gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw5
Occupation
worker
My hobby is taking pictures from traveling and share some of them in my social media accounts. But due to pandemy I did not visit any place soften. I used different photo editing serrivces like remove date from photo www.softorbits.net/ simple photoshop and etc. I have plan to visit some new cities in spring and take more new photos

Last edited:

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
I am a collector of liquor, mainly whisky's, but also other spirit's like Rum etc.

Since this forum is predominately American I will post some pic's of some of my rarer American whisky's that hopefully some of you may know.

My full Pappy collection bar the 25yr as I missed out on that. 3x 23yr, 2x 20yr, 2x 15yr, 2x 13yr, 2x 12yr and 2x 10yr.

DSC02544.jpg

Some of my Parker's Heritage Collection.

2nd Edition 27yr

Parkers Heritage 2nd Edition.jpg

5th Edition Cognac Barrel
Parkers Heritage 5th 04.jpg

6th Edition Blend of Mashbills
Parkers Heritage 6th Edition 06.jpg

7th Edition "Promise of Hope"

DSC02605.jpg

I also have the 8th, 9th and 10th Edition's but don't have photo's.

Here are some of my rarer Scotch's.

Glenfiddich Anniversary Vintage 1987 25yr. Only 286 bottles made and probably my rarest bottles.

Glenfiddich 1987 Vintage Reserve 11.jpg

Macallan 25yr Sherry Oak

DSC02489.jpg

Last edited:

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
^ Bourbon and whiskey is my new obsession. I'm just now about to start my collection. Starting simple, staying under $100 a bottle. I want to get a few bottles of Blood Oath but at $400-500 a pop that's way out of reach right now. Would love to get some Pappy but that shit is outrageously hard to find and expensive.