Hands Up all the Aussies

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I’m in Australia. Put down a refundable deposit, price can move a little depending on retail adjustment for next year’s model but that’s it. Azure blue, manual. Approx 12 month wait time. I’ve still got a deposit on the Z which is now refundable so I’ll just sit on that and see which comes first. Was never in a great hurry to get this car but the whole Nissan experience has been a disappointment
Yeah the 12 month wait time is in line with what I was experiencing. Some places told me possibly 2 years for my exact spec. Unfortunately for you Aussie folk I know the Z situation has been pretty shit. Its just not a great market in general I think though.

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Occupation
GMSV Sales Manager
I’m turning to the dark side now (Supra)😂
Sweeett!! Let me know how you go.

My Supra, also in Azure Blue, is due on Monday. It come off the boat at Brisbane port a week ago. It's been a long freaking wait. 13 months.

Just on pricing. Mine went up about $2500. But I was price protected by Toyota for about $1900 due to when the car went into production/built date (April). Toyota are pretty good with that stuff.

My wife's Z was supposed to be here next month. But the dealer just told me it's being built next month... and it's now a my24... 2.5k price rise.

I'm cool with price rises. I get it. But the Toyota experience is different.

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
Sweeett!! Let me know how you go.

My Supra, also in Azure Blue, is due on Monday. It come off the boat at Brisbane port a week ago. It's been a long freaking wait. 13 months.

Just on pricing. Mine went up about $2500. But I was price protected by Toyota for about $1900 due to when the car went into production/built date (April). Toyota are pretty good with that stuff.

My wife's Z was supposed to be here next month. But the dealer just told me it's being built next month... and it's now a my24... 2.5k price rise.

I'm cool with price rises. I get it. But the Toyota experience is different.
Nice!!! It’s a fast little beasty!!!
Still a long wait for your wife’s car by the sounds of it 🙄
I’ve ordered a GT, so when I factored in that the Z needed an aftermarket exhaust and most likely coil overs to get it to where I’d like it, there wasn’t much difference in price. The Supra I’m happy with out of the box.
Initially I wasn’t sure about the wheels on the GT but I think the 18’s actually make more sense. I’ve got 19’s on my GTI and there really isn’t enough sidewall for our shitty roads.
Anyways, I’d still be happy if the Z miraculously appears first, it’s a fun car and looks stunning 🤩

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Occupation
GMSV Sales Manager
I’ve ordered a GT
Sweet! It doesn't actually take them long to get it built. It was about 6 months from order to build. It's the transport that's a killer. Add another 6 months just to get into it, once it's built.

It's nice to know that your car actually exists somewhere and it isn't just a deposit and piece of paper (contract).

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Just curious to know if someone could point me to a few exhausts available in Australia or for Australia? I'm not expecting gargles or pops at gear changes but I'd like a nicer note (don't want an annoying drone whilst cruising either).

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Just curious to know if someone could point me to a few exhausts available in Australia or for Australia? I'm not expecting gargles or pops at gear changes but I'd like a nicer note (don't want an annoying drone whilst cruising either).
I had a custom 3.5” valved stainless steel exhaust installed by Rob Bliss in Brisbane. Sounds great and if it’s too much drone on highway I can silence it with the remote valve. It’s not super poppy or obnoxious but it’s much nicer than stock. Sounds similar to an R35 GTR under load. $3100 installed

IMG_8384.jpeg

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Change of topic - but for anyone still annoyed at no wireless Apple CarPlay, I bought one of these (via Amazon) and it works perfectly.
IMG_3065.jpeg
I was just looking at this. I am moving from my 2003 350Z to the new 2023 Z so the technology has advanced quite a bit and I'm lost with Apple Carplay. I used to connect my iPhone to my stereo with just Bluetooth, but can't get Carplay to work unless it is connected via USB cable. Is that what's supposed to happen? Do you need to pay for wi-fi to get it work wirelessly (or use a device like this one)?

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Do you need to pay for wi-fi to get it work wirelessly (or use a device like this one)?
I think it said in the manual that there is a dealer option for wireless. New Z comes from factory as a plug in option only. I don’t mind that, charges the phone at the same time.

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
After waiting and waiting for my Proto order to be fulfilled i received an update from my Dealer on Tuesday. Nissan had informed them that my car is due to arrive at the end of October. Though confirmation will not be know until end of September when they receive the manifest for the boat. Given the car was built Dec 2022 Wk1, i am concerned how it has been stored in the meantime.

i contacted Nissan Australia the following day and tried to see if they could provide me with any further information. Given when i spoke to them in July they assured me it would be on the next boat in August.

After complaining a bit, i couldn't help myself really. I was asked to email their general enquires. 3 hrs after this call I received another call from my Dealer saying out of the blue Nissan had called them and offered them a cancelled Proto car that someone in Victoria didn't want and if i wanted it i can have it. I said yes and the car will take about 4 weeks to arrive here in Perth from Melbourne.

Good news is that theoretically someone will now be offered my Proto, which was a manual.
Looking forward to getting it now. Will have to clean out the garage for it.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I was just looking at this. I am moving from my 2003 350Z to the new 2023 Z so the technology has advanced quite a bit and I'm lost with Apple Carplay. I used to connect my iPhone to my stereo with just Bluetooth, but can't get Carplay to work unless it is connected via USB cable. Is that what's supposed to happen? Do you need to pay for wi-fi to get it work wirelessly (or use a device like this one)?
I bought the Ottocast A2Air and Andriod Auto works great wirelessly, also paired it up with a wireless phone charger that fits in perfectly next to the USB outlets.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Yep.
Apple CarPlay is wired only. Phone will connect by Bluetooth for audio and phone etc, but NOT doing Apple CarPlay mirroring unless plugged in. The device pictured fixes this - and works great although I have found it’s nester if I have auto connect turned off. I just have to select my phone on the screen when I start the car, but it comes straight up and it’s one button to press.

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Golf R Grid, 2023 Nissan Z (pending)
Occupation
Transport Manager
I was so avoiding the idea of coil overs

but seeing some recent pics I think I might need a slight drop so yeah...sucks to be me.
There's 3 things this car is crying out for from factory;

1) A real exhaust.
2) 9 or 10 spoke rims, and real tyres, MPS4's a great option. It's the best look for this, it's a more modern version of what (comparatively) the Watanabe's were on the 240/260/280
3) Better suspension. The stock suspension is really nothing special for a car in this price range. Shockworks (in Monbulk) were a terrific every step of the way. I may have gone just a smidge stiffer than necessary, but the handling is incredible even if it means i have to be a bit more cautious, and now that it's a proper weekender for me it doesn't really bother me for the 2/3 days a week i actually take it out.

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Prospeedracing have a couple, I have the invidia catback and I like it. It's cheap and pretty quiet compared to other options, more of an OEM plus vibe than an obvious aftermarket exhaust. Sounds good from inside under load, but can hardly hear it cruising on the highway. A little on the heavy side, its very solid.

They also have a Takeda which is more aggressive, sounds awesome but 95dB is way too loud, so I didn't really consider it after seeing that in the youtube.

Xforce are building a valved system that will be on the market sooner or later, I'll drop a message in here when that comes out too.

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
There's 3 things this car is crying out for from factory;

1) A real exhaust.
2) 9 or 10 spoke rims, and real tyres, MPS4's a great option. It's the best look for this, it's a more modern version of what (comparatively) the Watanabe's were on the 240/260/280
3) Better suspension. The stock suspension is really nothing special for a car in this price range. Shockworks (in Monbulk) were a terrific every step of the way. I may have gone just a smidge stiffer than necessary, but the handling is incredible even if it means i have to be a bit more cautious, and now that it's a proper weekender for me it doesn't really bother me for the 2/3 days a week i actually take it out.
This is on the money, these upgrades are pretty much essential. If I could only do 1 it would be tyres.

Also working on a solution to the front number plate mount issue ;) Should have something this week ;)
1693686918542.png

flyingfridge

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34, BCNR33
This is on the money, these upgrades are pretty much essential. If I could only do 1 it would be tyres.

Also working on a solution to the front number plate mount issue ;) Should have something this week ;)
If I was only doing 1, would definitely be exhuast. The tyres suck but i can live with them for now. Stock exhaust is so quiet I was losing track of what gear i was in - and its a sports car, I want to hear the thing!