Hands Up all the Aussies

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Stock sub is absolute garbage.
'Bose' systems really aren't all created equal... the sub they've used here is pathetic.
Standard it's like a 4" driver, and weighs around 1kg.
The kenwood unit (which I've used) is 10" driver and about 9.5kg.

The difference in sound, regardless of your musical tastes, is incomparable.
The only real downside is that you will need to disable noise cancellation and the fake engine noises... unless you like having blown ear drums...
I already pissed off the fake noise. I'm ok with the noise cancellation so I left that, although it will be better when the exhaust is on. Right now I can't hear jack when driving, which is weird to me after spending the past forever driving cars with loud engines and exhausts.

jpw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus
Occupation
journalist
for those in WA carsales has a proto manual for $89360 drive away with 193km on the clock, pretty close to MRP
Why are there so many Zs for sale in WA? How did they get so many?

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Golf R Grid, 2023 Nissan Z (pending)
Occupation
Transport Manager
Finally got the good news today; Nissan have apparently updated a bunch of stuff in the last few days and turns out my car is also on the Dugong Ace, it left Townsville this morning and is steaming towards Melbourne as we speak. Got my "marine traffic" all set up and ready to go, checking in every couple of hours to see how much progress it's made, which isn't much but every time i check it it's just that little bit closer.

Honestly, I thought i'd be more excited, but maybe it's just that i'm tired of waiting, idk.

I already started another thread on this, but does anyone know where i can go to get my exhaust installed? Some body parts as well; the "Fairlady Z" badge and the splashguards.

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
Finally got the good news today; Nissan have apparently updated a bunch of stuff in the last few days and turns out my car is also on the Dugong Ace, it left Townsville this morning and is steaming towards Melbourne as we speak. Got my "marine traffic" all set up and ready to go, checking in every couple of hours to see how much progress it's made, which isn't much but every time i check it it's just that little bit closer.

Honestly, I thought i'd be more excited, but maybe it's just that i'm tired of waiting, idk.

I already started another thread on this, but does anyone know where i can go to get my exhaust installed? Some body parts as well; the "Fairlady Z" badge and the splashguards.
Congrats. Download ship atlas if you want a good up to date free ship tracker. I find it more up to date than the others. I'm also interested in the exhaust question.. I'll fit it myself no worries but wondering what is readily available in Australia as it doesn't seem to be much yet?

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini

any reputable exhaust shop or Workshop can do the exhaust.

if you don't have one what area of melb are you in?

Racepace out east is huge on Skylines/Z cars

I used chasers out west (and will when mine arrives as well)

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Transport Manager
Congrats. Download ship atlas if you want a good up to date free ship tracker. I find it more up to date than the others. I'm also interested in the exhaust question.. I'll fit it myself no worries but wondering what is readily available in Australia as it doesn't seem to be much yet?
There's not much retail here, i think maybe Xforce has or will have one shortly, other than that you can get something custom done. Otherwise you'll be ordering from overseas, Z1 website has a bunch of stuff. Flick through a few of the nissan z content creators on youtubes aswell, see what they're running. I've got an almost identical setup for the exhaust to what BeDistinct has.

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Transport Manager
any reputable exhaust shop or Workshop can do the exhaust.

if you don't have one what area of melb are you in?

Racepace out east is huge on Skylines/Z cars

I used chasers out west (and will when mine arrives as well)
Chasers is only a few km from my work, might check them out

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z

get your fairlady badge from nengun.com

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
There's not much retail here, i think maybe Xforce has or will have one shortly, other than that you can get something custom done. Otherwise you'll be ordering from overseas, Z1 website has a bunch of stuff. Flick through a few of the nissan z content creators on youtubes aswell, see what they're running. I've got an almost identical setup for the exhaust to what BeDistinct has.
xforce are in the process of developing a valved exhaust system for the Z. They have been working on it for about a month, no idea when it will be available for sale. I'll put a post up here when new information becomes available

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Transport Manager
get your fairlady badge from nengun.com
nah i've already got it, just figure if i've got someone working on the car already i'd rather they pop it on than fuck it up myself 🤣

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
Been awhile since I posted,
Still had no news since my deposit over a year ago (white, manual, red interior). Finally got sick of it with people that ordered in December receiving their cars.. wtaf...so officially switched my order over to a Nismo today after yesterday's teaser.

Guess I'll have to make do with the bike for another 2 years 😂😂
20230605_200619.jpg

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Been awhile since I posted,
Still had no news since my deposit over a year ago (white, manual, red interior). Finally got sick of it with people that ordered in December receiving their cars.. wtaf...so officially switched my order over to a Nismo today after yesterday's teaser.

Guess I'll have to make do with the bike for another 2 years 😂😂
20230605_200619.jpg
damn that’s a good looking bike.

being my wife is ex emergency department nurse bikes are not something she encourages..

So I’ll leave that to my youth

but damn I would love a Ducati streetfighter

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Occupation
GMSV Sales Manager
Hey guys, new to the group.

/waves

My wife ordered a Z at the start of the year. I've been encouraging her to join here, but shes happy in just the FB group.

Seems I'm more excited about her car than she is, so here I am.

She ordered Rosewood.

An update from our dealer a few weeks ago was that Nissan had called them and said single colours will be pumping end of year/early next year.

There has only ever been a very small handful of orders through the dealership we purchased from, so we have our fingers crossed for a 12ish month wait.

I work in a dealership too... just not one with a Nissan :(