Hands Up all the Aussies

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
whats wrong with the bose sub that anyone would replace it? I thought this was something the americans did with their sport trim models
Stock sub is absolute garbage.
'Bose' systems really aren't all created equal... the sub they've used here is pathetic.
Standard it's like a 4" driver, and weighs around 1kg.
The kenwood unit (which I've used) is 10" driver and about 9.5kg.

The difference in sound, regardless of your musical tastes, is incomparable.
The only real downside is that you will need to disable noise cancellation and the fake engine noises... unless you like having blown ear drums...

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I've been dialling in the suspension a little with some light track duties and skid pan.
Got back from another session yesterday and thought you all might like to see what it looks like in motion :)
Great pics! How are you finding the suspension now after dialling it in some more?

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Great pics! How are you finding the suspension now after dialling it in some more?
Yeah, it's very balanced now.
II think the guys at MCA did a great job with the coilovers, and it was pretty much bang on, but I ruined it a little with the bushes and bigger sway bars.

I was able to adjust the dampening a lot and find a good balance for the power delivery.
I'll probably need to do it again when I change rubber - these stock Bridgestones are... interesting...

EDIT: you can see how flat it is now. Almost zero body roll. This corner was about 55kph (pardon the spray, but hopefully you can see the horizontal line of the car, and how its...well... horizontal

1687147993962.png

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Update: I've just received news from my dealer that Nissan have informed them that i should receive my car mid August. Fingers crossed.
I'm lazy...

what was spec and order date?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think you're right and the delays will only get worse. Given my own Proto manual build date of DEC22 Week 1, and that car still isn't on a boat yet.
Your joking …that’s an absolute outrage

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
So 9 months from build to delivery. Unbelievable.
Yeah it's bad but at least if they actually come through on this promise i'll be happy. Everyone here on the forum has had nothing but good to say about the car, so i'm excited to be getting mine soon. Will be my daily drive, so looking forward to seeing how good it is to live with.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Yeah it's bad but at least if they actually come through on this promise i'll be happy. Everyone here on the forum has had nothing but good to say about the car, so i'm excited to be getting mine soon. Will be my daily drive, so looking forward to seeing how good it is to live with.
I’ve got only good to say about mine. I do feel kind of bad for people like you though. I’m a June 2022 order that got delivered in late March 2023 but was also a December 2022 build. Makes no sense.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
…It will definitely be worth giving it a light clay bar at minimum to get rid of 9 months of industrial fallout.

I did mine (had never done it before) and it made a good difference. I then did my 12 year old A5 and can’t believe how good it came up.
IMG_3021.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
for those in WA carsales has a proto manual for $89360 drive away with 193km on the clock, pretty close to MRP

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
for those in WA carsales has a proto manual for $89360 drive away with 193km on the clock, pretty close to MRP
.might have looked at it a few weeks ago, but I know have my Z4
Have to admit, I’d be a little worried about pain issues in the early deliveries, which this must be

EDIT…just had a look but the only ones I can see exclude government charges so would be another 5-7k
I did however see Morley is selling their yellow coupe demonstrator…..almost 19000ks on it already 🫣

Last edited: