Hands Up all the Aussies

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Nopeā€¦disagree ā€¦I think 120s a fair estimate.
80 dealers but as you said only around half got a demoā€¦so 40
Rumoured to be 180 Protos total coming but less than half are here so around 80ā€¦total 120
Then maybe 30 coloured tops ā€¦all silver or black

So maybe 150 tops.
In WA like @Hammo25 said, the only ones Iā€™ve seen are demos (and his) and I do a LOT of driving from the city to the country as Iā€™m a merchandiserā€¦.and on the road for around 6 hours a day.
For sure they is maybe a couple that I just havenā€™t crossed paths with, but my guess is no more than a couple.
Part of this reasoning is the dealer Hammo got his from is one of the top rated turn overs in WAā€¦his is the only one they have had and delivered. Iā€™m aware of one other dealer delivering one
I know another large dealer is yet to have a customer order inā€¦because if that they have sold their demo, but canā€™t deliver till the 9month time period is up, which to be fair must not be far off now
Plus people on this forum have had their money down since early 2021 , no car yet. I was told by Nissan head office that I was in the very early orders and too 100, so you would have to think if that was the case and that there was more than 200 in the country that myself and people like me would be driving a Z by now, especially as we have ordered different specs and colours

My opinion for what itā€™s worth
There's 179 dealers in Austrailia according to google.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Wow, havenā€™t checked this thread in a while, but to see some of you still waiting is incredible. What a bungled rollout. I had a deposit down in 2021 but glad I pulled out last year.. Itā€™s mid 2023 and some of you still donā€™t have cars šŸ˜³
Life is too short to wait this long, such a shame what Nissan has done here

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Have they ever given an update?
Nothing from local dealer, Sydney dealer rings about once a month and offers specs different to what I ordered, he says I'm first on their list for a blue 6sp. Maybe I should have had a third dealer also to make the odds better

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
There's 179 dealers in Austrailia according to google.
Ok so Iā€™d revise to 200 tops ā€¦.almost half of which are sitting in dealers trying to sell more of what they donā€™t have.
Either way itā€™s not good

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Ok so Iā€™d revise to 200 tops ā€¦.almost half of which are sitting in dealers trying to sell more of what they donā€™t have.
Either way itā€™s not good
you know Iā€™m not sure. Generally WA would be around 10% of anything AUstralia wide. Thereā€™s no way there are 20 cars delivered in WA.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
you know Iā€™m not sure. Generally WA would be around 10% of anything AUstralia wide. Thereā€™s no way there are 20 cars delivered in WA.
I believe we would be lucky to have 3 or 4, yours and a couple of Protos ā€¦maybe 1 other tops

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I believe we would be lucky to have 3 or 4, yours and a couple of Protos ā€¦maybe 1 other tops
Being there are 12 listed for sale (excluding demos) on car sales alone in WA add in some cars with customers 20 seems closer to the truth

I get you feel jaded and want to think the worst, but it might be time to move on....

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Being there are 12 listed for sale (excluding demos) on car sales alone in WA add in some cars with customers 20 seems closer to the truth

I get you feel jaded and want to think the worst, but it might be time to move on....
I was agreeing with Hammos comment. Itā€™s not jaded to speak the truth.
If you knew anything about the WA market, you would know at least 8 of the protos up for sale in WA were bought by dealers from interstate ā€¦
If you donā€™t like my comments scroll on, I have every right to make them given I started this thread and am still interested in the car
Just because Iā€™ve bought something else doesnā€™t mean I will not buy a Z at a later date.
@Hammo25 remarked that he didnā€™t think there were 20 delivered in WA and I agree. Bought in from the East is another story altogether

Last edited:

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Fair call. Note though that a number of the cars showing as dealer used are actually demos. I know for sure on two of those cars. The gun metallic one is the Osborne Park demo and thereā€™s A yellow coupe that is the Morley demo.

I wonder whether all those protons are actually in WA. Thereā€™s a surprising number of them. Perhaps Nissan lost control of customer allocations on those early proto deliveries and dealers sold them to each other within their networks so they could charge above MSRP. If they did - it seems to have backfired on them and now theyā€™re stuck with cars they canā€™t advertise / sell as new.

SDate42

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, BMW 130i, Mitsubishi Pajero & Lancer
Occupation
Auto electrician/mechanic
Hey all! First post, figured Iā€™d weigh in.

I put down a $1000 deposit May 22 approx. Within a week of the prices being released, which notably has changed/increased. At that time, my local dealer advised that they were not allowed to take deposits any earlier than the price release, which looking at this thread obviously wasnā€™t true for all dealers.

Late 22, I was told that I had missed out on a Proto when Nissan started cutting peoples orders and capping the amount being sold. Bit cheeky if you ask me.

last weekend, the 27th, I took delivery of a Proto Z, as a result of merging dealers and someone pulling out. I also happened to be pre-approved for finance and knew a salesman quite well, so a few factors working together.

Now I have seen a few non-proto Zā€™s on the street, unsure if theyre demos or not. I have seen one other proto, that I know was delivered. The dealer demos are supposedly all non-proto. The dealer also mentioned that their demos have to be demos for minimum 9months. This same dealer sold their demo the day after it was eligible for sale, thereā€™s definitely demand.

I should mention when I got mine, there was a proto and non proto both ready for delivery in the showroom also.

last note, the dealer principal mentioned thereā€™s 146 Protos allocated to Australia - no idea how to verify this information.

cheers!

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Hey all! First post, figured Iā€™d weigh in.
First positive story we've heard around here in a while! My situation was vaguely similar. Ordered a (manual) Proto in Feb 22 (before prices were released). Was told later in the year I'd missed out but then got offered an auto Proto after a cancellation which I picked up in December. I think it helped that the salesman lived on the street next to mine. It may be some kind of confirmation bias but I actually think I prefer having the auto now and would have it over the manual. I still have a manual car to satiate that need.

First we've heard of a 146 allocation of Protos. Don't know why it's so hard for Nissan to give us a solid number.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Anyone looking for a black manual? Location is Cooma NSW, brand new, retail price.

1685510726424.png