First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
No clue…unlike yourself I didn’t see the bulletin, but I’m hoping there wasn’t another that came after it changing things.

One thing is for sure, once they start @jezzza either you or I should hear something. I do not think many have had orders in as early as us …if I hear anything I will be on the forum quick stixs to let you know
I’d say I’m hoping it won’t be long, but sadly I have very little hope left where this is concerned
what about picking up a proto if someone bails on their order. a lot can happen in the time it's taken for the z to roll out.

i know it's a bit more, but it may be worth your sanity.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
what about picking up a proto if someone bails on their order. a lot can happen in the time it's taken for the z to roll out.

i know it's a bit more, but it may be worth your sanity.
All the Protos in Aus have already been allocated …no chance of getting one if you didn’t pre order, as they have too many on the list as it is

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I tried my luck with this (despite disliking the yellow interior) and not a chance. Nissan HQ refers back to their list and the dealership lose their allocation/sale.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
BRZ is for teenage boys ….in Australia, they are everywhere, a dime a dozen.
Must be some wealthy teens in AU. The AU national marketing manager says the BRZ buyer demo has traditionally been 25 - 54 yrs old. So is the Z in contrast a vehicle for retirees? ;)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Must be some wealthy teens in AU. The AU national marketing manager says the BRZ buyer demo has traditionally been 25 - 54 yrs old. So is the Z in contrast a vehicle for retirees? ;)
Trust me, it’s what the youngans buy with their first job.
My son will either buy an 86 or an i20N in a few months…he is still at uni. Buying it with the cash he saved from his casual jobs. He works two days a week for an engineering company ( but as it’s an internship it’s not engineering rates) and referees soccer on the weekends…for that he gets paid $50 an hour

Granted might be an exaggeration to say it’s a teenage boys car..but it certainly is a younger persons car and they by far outnumber 370Zs

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Trust me, it’s what the youngans buy with their first job.
My son will either buy an 86 or an i20N in a few months…he is still at uni. Buying it with the cash he saved from his casual jobs. He works two days a week for an engineering company ( but as it’s an internship it’s not engineering rates) and referees soccer on the weekends…for that he gets paid $50 an hour

Granted might be an exaggeration to say it’s a teenage boys car..but it certainly is a younger persons car and they by far outnumber 370Zs
Well I'm in my 50's, and one of the prescient decisions this "old teen" made prior to COVID, was buying a used BRZ and Wrangler. For that reason, I wasn't stuck the past few years waiting around for the mythical Z and Bronco.

I wouldn't let age or exclusivity factor too much into purchase. Unless you're big into horsepower, the twins can be a lot of fun. I'm still not convinced the new Z would be a better vehicle for myself and family usage. Will find out when Z ever arrives and is for real available to me at a decent price (maybe 2024?).

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Soo I was a bit bored.

and went hunting looking for info on 370Z builds for AU

https://www.drive.com.au/news/vfacts-may-2022-last-nissan-370z-sold/

so apprently 745 was the record for Z's in a year

so with there being over 1000 deposits back at start of May and 3000 expressions of interest.

either Nissan are ramping uptheir build process, or I'm actually looking at 2024 not 2023.....

I think I will def be getting a MY24 at the min.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
well that's sure interesting, looks outbound on the SE freeway just after bourke road, (I used to live a couple hundred meters from that)

which is also the direction nissan HQ.

odds on press cars?