Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3 sp25
Occupation
Business improvement analyst
Registered interest in sep 2021.
Signed initial document and $500 deposit on 30th March 2022
Blue manual, Victoria.
Received updated documents with pricing on June 23 2022.

Drive-away price totals to 82k, told this can't be modified even when adjusting new financial years lct or removing slimline plates, it will still be 82k.

Told I should be in first allotment.

Full tank of fuel + front and rear mats included. (Rear mats? Maybe just a standard option in the system?)

Conditions mentioned: subject to test drive and availability. 500 deposit. 5 year factory warranty and roadside assist unlimited KMs. 12 months rego. no other offers apply.

I have yet to sign this new document, don't see how it changes anything from an already signed document.

Extra info: was initially told there would be a car to view on 29th July, but info has since changed to say there will be a test-driveable car in August.

My general feelings: it's more expensive than I would have liked. I was expecting maybe 75k. I really thought the price would have at least started with a 7.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Yeah, @jezzza has been doing some decent time in this limbo. I still remember back in the old days when he was just a forum member like the rest of us plebs, now he's running the joint!
Hahaha I offered my services to remove spam that kept sliding in when the Americans were asleep.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Extra info: was initially told there would be a car to view on 29th July, but info has since changed to say there will be a test-driveable car in August.
šŸ˜ž With 1000+ preorders in the system and cars allegedly sold out well into mid next year, itā€™ll be insulting if they do spray demo cars all over the country before looking after their very patient customers.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I called Nissan customer service yesterday to confirm that the loyalty discount was still in play and that it would also apply to the Z. They confirm that it was.
I'll let the dealer come up with the driveaway price first before asking for my $500 discount otherwise they will try to wrangle out of it

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
šŸ˜ž With 1000+ preorders in the system and cars allegedly sold out well into mid next year, itā€™ll be insulting if they do spray demo cars all over the country before looking after their very patient customers.
I think they will probably just move a few cars between dealers as demo's.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Fair outsider perspective, I'm hearing and reading conflicting information.

I do wonder if some dealers when pressed portray best guesses as facts.
Yeah I'm seeing little that has changed for customers in this thread other than some more "dealer said" stuff. Maybe I missed a post, Ballast Scorcher does the dealer have a Z for you to pickup, or is it still promises made by the dealer and documents without an actual VIN and vehicle?

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Deposit placed October 2021 for yellow manual Z.

Had a call from the dealer yesterday, he said protos would arrive first, I've been accidentally assigned a proto as I asked for yellow... Ok that's fine I guess I'll run with it. He said I'm first off the ranks in SE QLD.
Expecting delivery July or August.
New papers signed yesterday with updated price, no VIN supplied.

Still pretty excited even if I need to pay $88k now.
Cheers

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

Had a call from the dealer yesterday, he said protos would arrive first, I've been accidentally assigned a proto as I asked for yellow... Ok that's fine I guess I'll run with it. He said I'm first off the ranks in SE QLD.

Cheers
Sounds Like A Knock Out Win Win To Me !!

tumblr_mzt3s8fSEM1qhhr0wo1_400.gif

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Cheers
Iā€™m still feeling pretty annoyed about the rumours of keeping a demo car per yard instead of supplying the actual orders. If they tell me I have to wait till next year Iā€™m done and out.
Had enough

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Oh that was mentioned too, test drives soon in the demo. They said they are required to hold the demo for 9 months. I'd imagine it's for the "test drive before commitment" clause that has been mentioned a few times.

Please don't give up @West Aussie, we are so close to having our hands on the new Z!

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Oh that was mentioned too, test drives soon in the demo. They said they are required to hold the demo for 9 months. I'd imagine it's for the "test drive before commitment" clause that has been mentioned a few times.

Please don't give up @West Aussie, we are so close to having our hands on the new Z!
I Agree - Don't Give Up . . .

tumblr_ndojsmJ5QF1qzxzwwo1_500.jpg

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Fancy supplying a demo when you canā€™t even fill the orders you have
Fill the orders then get demos to get more orders ā€¦,they are really annoying people.
In the Aussie thread alone we have lost 4-5 people and none have been waiting longer than I and @jezzza
They say they have enough orders till mid next year, so if people want to buy without testingā€¦.let them
Get a demo after you have filled at least half orders

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Fancy supplying a demo when you canā€™t even fill the orders you have
Fill the orders then get demos to get more orders ā€¦,they are really annoying people.
In the Aussie thread alone we have lost 4-5 people and none have been waiting longer than I and @jezzza
They say they have enough orders till mid next year, so if people want to buy without testingā€¦.let them
Get a demo after you have filled at least half orders
As I said earlier can't imagine that they would have lots of cars tied up as demo's, surely only the larger dealers and even then move them around to closer dealers or would that make too much sense

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So feeling rather peed off, I rang the dealership again today who are clearly getting sick of my callsā€¦but hey Iā€™m paying.
Again itā€™s just coming down to dealer information so who knows whoā€™s right and who is wrong BUT
He confirmed the first car dealers will be recieving is the Demoā€¦that they will have to keep it for 9 months and it will not be for sale.
That Nissan has asked for all the contracts to be updated (apparently WA only got told yesterday) so they are in the process of doing that now and I should have a new contract in the next day or so.
He said he had not heard that Protos will be arriving earlier than coupes and he expects them to arrive at the same time ā€¦after the demo
I asked him for a timeline, he was honest and said he still has no idea
I asked about allocations and he said when they do get a car I am first to be offered it, if itā€™s not the colour I wanted I will be offered whatever colour it is before other on the list.
But then my question becaomeā€¦if this is the case how can you write up an accurate contract (colour may change)

This keeps getting more and more frustrating by the day
It seems like dealers know what Protos they are getting but nothing else.

And again I sayā€¦why send demos before orders when they have enough orders placed to fill orders until next year, what ever happened to the customer comes first.

But seriously I gotta lay off my dealerā€¦think Iā€™m driving them all away, be no one left at Ordborne Park at this rate šŸ¤£

EDITā€¦in other words it seems all this info we are getting is merely to update contracts ā€¦not lock in cars, not for coupes anyway

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
<- Red Manual as pictured
Order placed Nov 2021
Deposit placed Jan 2022
Call from dealer confirming order 25/6/22