Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Any punts on when we'll see some more details forthcoming?

If Nissan are indeed wanting to get the Qashqai out of the way first, that's fine, so I went looking for details on when that's likely to be done and yeah..I'm seeing some info floating around to indicate the new Qashqai is pegged for a first quarter release but its quite annoying to not find a solid date (given the admittedly brief amount of looking around I did) when it should only be a month out.

I know people are saying march we'll see some more on the Z, but given the above for the Qashqai, I'm not so sure. I reckon mid-late April is when the price for the Z will be announced.

Hopefully I'm wrong..I'd really like to be wrong.
Yeah…I did the same ….tried to find a a release date on the Quashi…couldn’t find anything at all
I would just like some basic but honest answers.
Approx when will it be here, and approx price.
Thats it. If it’s not till August September, the just let us know. I think everyone would be more comfortable if we just had a ball park…even if it’s not what we particularly want to hear

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yeah…I did the same ….tried to find a a release date on the Quashi…couldn’t find anything at all
I would just like some basic but honest answers.
Approx when will it be here, and approx price.
Thats it. If it’s not till August September, the just let us know. I think everyone would be more comfortable if we just had a ball park…even if it’s not what we particularly want to hear
Yep, that's about it. Numbers of Performance and Proto units would be pretty good aswell, just for curiosities sake.

None of it is inspiring much confidence, that's for sure.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I'm wondering if US pricing might follow the Super Bowl ad then advertising down under soon after.. time will tell.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm wondering if US pricing might follow the Super Bowl ad then advertising down under soon after.. time will tell.
yeah…I hope so, and to be honest it wouldn’t make sense to run a hugely expensive advertising campaign and not have pricing details. People would just lose interest if they are not enthusiasts like us, and if they are enthusiast we know it’s already coming and don’t need the expensive ads

im trying to stay positive…but after almost a year, I’m not going to lie…it’s pretty hard

Turboman1994

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None yet
Occupation
Driller
yeah…I hope so, and to be honest it wouldn’t make sense to run a hugely expensive advertising campaign and not have pricing details. People would just lose interest if they are not enthusiasts like us, and if they are enthusiast we know it’s already coming and don’t need the expensive ads

im trying to stay positive…but after almost a year, I’m not going to lie…it’s pretty hard
CAN has released pre order specs and around the super bowl seems to be for the states I’d warrant a guess that a late summer release would be on the cards July- early September. Add a few months Nov- Jan next year would be my guess. Not concerned when it’s released I’d love a price but

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
CAN has released pre order specs and around the super bowl seems to be for the states I’d warrant a guess that a late summer release would be on the cards July- early September. Add a few months Nov- Jan next year would be my guess. Not concerned when it’s released I’d love a price but
Nissan Aus is still saying 2022, amd the last month they gave was August.
if Canada are getting theirs in June, like a few seem to have been told, then I dint see why we can’t hope for August

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So Nissan Aus, posted the super bowl advert on their Facebook page.

I responded with
yeah, yeah nice add, but when will the car hit the dealers and what is the price. The enthusiasts are getting frustrated

and got this reply;

Hi S$#*() , the release date for the Nissan Z in Australia is yet to be confirmed. We will be releasing this information when we receive it via our website and socials. https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z.html thanks, Nissan Community Manager

Like I would posts something like the above if I didn’t already have an order in
this is getting very frustrating.

So I replied back with:
why bother with pre orders if you don’t know when they are coming, I’ve had my order in for a very long time

also asked if all pre orders will be filled, and asked if they have their allocations.

No response to that

To be honest I’m getting very close to abandoning the idea, and going a totally different route with an electric mini .
The only thing stopping me, is the knowledge that as soon as I give up, they will magically have all the information

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So just got a response to my last comments it was

Hi xxxxx, more details to come later this year. Please keep up-to-date with Nissan news by following our socials and visiting our website. Thanks, Nissan Community Manager

How much later is later?
no answer to if they have enough cars for pre orders…only this very vague answer.
Hardly instills confidence

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
no answer to if they have enough cars for pre orders…only this very vague answer.
Hardly instills confidence
Yeah it's getting ridiculous., at least Canada has their orders confirmed. I'm wondering if we're at any advantage over someone working into a dealer and expressing interest today. I've seen nothing suggesting that I'm near the front of the line with Nissan Australia.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah it's getting ridiculous., at least Canada has their orders confirmed. I'm wondering if we're at any advantage over someone working into a dealer and expressing interest today. I've seen nothing suggesting that I'm near the front of the line with Nissan Australia.
Agree …pretty disappointing

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
So Nissan Aus, posted the super bowl advert on their Facebook page.

I responded with
yeah, yeah nice add, but when will the car hit the dealers and what is the price. The enthusiasts are getting frustrated

and got this reply;

Hi S$#*() , the release date for the Nissan Z in Australia is yet to be confirmed. We will be releasing this information when we receive it via our website and socials. https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z.html thanks, Nissan Community Manager

Like I would posts something like the above if I didn’t already have an order in
this is getting very frustrating.

So I replied back with:
why bother with pre orders if you don’t know when they are coming, I’ve had my order in for a very long time

also asked if all pre orders will be filled, and asked if they have their allocations.

No response to that

To be honest I’m getting very close to abandoning the idea, and going a totally different route with an electric mini .
The only thing stopping me, is the knowledge that as soon as I give up, they will magically have all the information

I wouldnt blame you for pulling out at this stage. It doesnt sound like its going to be anytime soon

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I wouldnt blame you for pulling out at this stage. It doesnt sound like its going to be anytime soon
I really don’t want to…it’s easily my first choice, and that’s why I keep waiting and waiting…but almost a year on for me and it seems like things are just not moving

I’m not even really wanting an electric, but if I can’t have the sports car that I really want I might as well start preparing for the inevitable ….I’ll give it to June. If there is no hard answers by then I’m out…mostly because then my son will get his liscence and will take ownership of the i20 ….and I need a car
If it comes to that though I will be very disappointed and sad ?

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
I feel your pain WestAussie. I think the issue lies with Nissan Japan, they are the ones keeping it quiet. The Japanese have a way of doing business and it's just a waiting game now.

I hope you don't give up, but I can understand your time constraints, let's hope for the best, my birthday is in June, so also hoping for news around that time!
Cheers mate.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So Nissan advertising the release of the new Pathfinder on Facebook.
says delivery is late 2022…but they still haven’t released the Quashi that was supposed to be here by now.
How can they keep promising cars, and opening reservations for each one when it seems like they are not following through with earlier models …I’ve had enough, I don’t care at this stage if they get angry so I wrote

Nissan looks great however I’m starting to get worried about release dates.
The Quashi was supposed to be here early 2022, yet there is still no date or pricing …going into March the first quarter is almost over.
The Z is meant to follow, and was originally promised mid year, but if the Quashi isn’t released yet, the Z will be pushed back further…so will it really be seen this year?

Communication is key to keep buyers …

I wait with baited breath to see their reply…probably just ignore it, but last few times they didn’t