Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Wait, dealers are actually giving updates!?

I barely remember my dudes name! Chris? Cliff? Craig maybe ? ?

Bit rough giving the floor to the Qashqai though, honestly, who gives a shit about a new soft-roader! Get on with the Z, Nissan! ?

Stay tough West Aussie, im still out here in the desert, so you aren't going it alone!

I was just recently holidaying in Perth (got there literally the same day that the 1800hrs mask wearing started) so that was nice..am actually starting new employment Feb 9th flying in and out of Perth aswell so I'm sure that'll be enjoyable. Bhp was meant to get a handful of dudes starting from over nsw aswell but I guess that's cooked. Wonder if they'd need to resign from this new role given the indefinite nature of the border closure. Be a rough spot to be in I'd say.
Yeah Lord McGowan has said Fifo will have to quarantine 7 days on each turn around…good luck getting workers I say…and his rules don’t even make sense, because why is 7 ok for Fifo but not for anyone else….anyway enough of that, let’s talk of positive things.

I agree….Quashi is boooring, might sell a few, but won’t relaunch their brand the way the Z will and is needed.
I mean when is the Quashi even arriving!
hopefully next month so they can get on with the good stuff….and don’t feel bad, my dealer dosent just give me updates, I hunt him down at least once a month. My biggest fear is that he moves into another job and I’m left forgotten ?

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah Lord McGowan has said Fifo will have to quarantine 7 days on each turn around…good luck getting workers I say…and his rules don’t even make sense, because why is 7 ok for Fifo but not for anyone else….anyway enough of that, let’s talk of positive things.

I agree….Quashi is boooring, might sell a few, but won’t relaunch their brand the way the Z will and is needed.
I mean when is the Quashi even arriving!
hopefully next month so they can get on with the good stuff….and don’t feel bad, my dealer dosent just give me updates, I hunt him down at least once a month. My biggest fear is that he moves into another job and I’m left forgotten ?
I've rented the Quashi in Europe, it is boring. It is known as the Rogue here in the US. It is also what my wife currently drives. I don't know about down under, but the Rogue is a top seller here in the US and the recent redesign has received very favorable reviews.

I don't agree with them, but I can see why Nissan would be pushing to get Quashi's in customer's hands first if US sales are any indication.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I've rented the Quashi in Europe, it is boring. It is known as the Rogue here in the US. It is also what my wife currently drives. I don't know about down under, but the Rogue is a top seller here in the US and the recent redesign has received very favorable reviews.

I don't agree with them, but I can see why Nissan would be pushing to get Quashi's in customer's hands first if US sales are any indication.
I get your point, but mine is…if they want to get people excited, and lure them into a dealership to buy that Quashi…then the Z is the car to do that.
It’s the type of car you see in the window and go in to have a look…might not buy it, but it brings them in.
Nissan need to revamp their excitement level to bring in a whole new generation of fans …in my opinion .the Z is the only one in their lineup to create that excitement. ( apart from the GT, but never see them in the dealerships)

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Had my hopes up, but was ultimately left disappointed after seeing the "what is Z-ness" email from Nissan Australia come though.

Did anyone else get it? Not that it really matters as it doesn't have any new information for us that I could see.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Had my hopes up, but was ultimately left disappointed after seeing the "what is Z-ness" email from Nissan Australia come though.

Did anyone else get it? Not that it really matters as it doesn't have any new information for us that I could see.
Yeah got it…still pushing for more reservations I see

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Yeah got it…still pushing for more reservations I see
Hopefully that means that there is still some available for the Australian allocation if they are still pushing reservations and means that those that have ordered already should hopefully not have issues getting the car that they want.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hopefully that means that there is still some available for the Australian allocation if they are still pushing reservations and means that those that have ordered already should hopefully not have issues getting the car that they want.
Yeah hopefully…I don’t like the …expected 2022 at the bottom. Use to say August ….hope it’s not getting pushed further back

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yeah, was certainly a disappointing email containing exactly bugger all for those of us that put cold hard cash down almost 4 months ago.

Reached out to my guy last week and he got back to me yesterday saying exactly bugger all. I will admit I held out hope he might throw me a bone since it's the first time I've reached out to him since the contract being done early October, but nup.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah, was certainly a disappointing email containing exactly bugger all for those of us that put cold hard cash down almost 4 months ago.

Reached out to my guy last week and he got back to me yesterday saying exactly bugger all. I will admit I held out hope he might throw me a bone since it's the first time I've reached out to him since the contract being done early October, but nup.
I put my money down 11 months ago..March last year…soooo I’m getting a bit impatient now.
But I look at it this way, any other car I want now has a wait list because of covid, so might as well wait it out

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I gave up waiting, and took my deposit back. I may get one down the track, i may even go for the Nismo now, but i wont be in a Z for few years now
Will admit the thought of waiting for what should be the inevitable Nismo edition has crossed my mind..

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I put my money down 11 months ago..March last year…soooo I’m getting a bit impatient now.
But I look at it this way, any other car I want now has a wait list because of covid, so might as well wait it out
11 months ?

You mean you put down a reservation for the proto 11 months ago?

I'm talking that 5k and contract done up. My guy was bamboozled as hell in October, I can't imagine contracts being done up March last year! Can understand your impatience if that's the case though - and kudos to you for getting a contract so early!

Funny looking at those Canadians only able to put money down now where we've had contracts for ages.

Yeah, nissan trawling for yet more sales on the Z when their ability to service those already waiting seem somewhat dubious. My dude yesterday was just like, and I quote; "They usually keep these events under wrap till they are ready to spring it on the world."

I get the secrecy, but their own dealers being as much in the dark as we are just seems ludicrous.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
11 months ?

You mean you put down a reservation for the proto 11 months ago?

I'm talking that 5k and contract done up. My guy was bamboozled as hell in October, I can't imagine contracts being done up March last year! Can understand your impatience if that's the case though - and kudos to you for getting a contract so early!

Funny looking at those Canadians only able to put money down now where we've had contracts for ages.

Yeah, nissan trawling for yet more sales on the Z when their ability to service those already waiting seem somewhat dubious. My dude yesterday was just like, and I quote; "They usually keep these events under wrap till they are ready to spring it on the world."

I get the secrecy, but their own dealers being as much in the dark as we are just seems ludicrous.
Yep 11 months ago, contract done …but not Proto, My dealer sent it through to Nissan Aus back then…same way as they do now through back door on the computer system, and i was the second to do so, but the first guy wants an auto in black, where as i asked for yellow manual. 4K down, written contract

I agree, there is a question mark if they can even deliver on whats been ordered to date, I know my dealer is up to 12 contracts and the guy a bit further out had 9 contracts but over 20 on a waiting list
what the point of taking more reservations if they cant provide to those Already in line

Grewme

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S13
Another Aussie here with a preorder contract, in Melbourne.
Put 5k deposit in September, White, Manual, Performance spec if we get to choose.