Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Really sorry to hear that. Wonder why they couldn't just tick and submit it?

Colour options.png
See to me this still doesn’t seem right…why is Rosewood no extra charge even though it’s a metallic paint, I know that’s what it said on Nissan’s brochure too. But it just doesn’t make sense to me

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
See to me this still doesn’t seem right…why is Rosewood no extra charge even though it’s a metallic paint, I know that’s what it said on Nissan’s brochure too. But it just doesn’t make sense to me
I agree but it's not uncommon for automotive companies to offer a standard colour. I assume it's a marketing/production strategy.

When Tesla changed their standard colour from black to white it was pretty obvious that customer's preference switched.

LFZno

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silvia s15
sup fellas.
just made an account after browsing for months
i live in Melbourne and plan on purchasing the new z when i can. not sure if i should wait a couple of years so they can add options and updates though. lets hope Nissan get it right this time

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
sup fellas.
just made an account after browsing for months
i live in Melbourne and plan on purchasing the new z when i can. not sure if i should wait a couple of years so they can add options and updates though. lets hope Nissan get it right this time
Hey!
Good to see another Aussie.
This forum is fantastic and everyone seems to be very easy going no matter where they are from.
I just started this little thread so as we get info in Aus we can share it as no doubt things will be a different to the US, but the guys from the US and Canada are really great and offer a ton of knowledge with a good helping of humour along the way. Kinda makes the wait a little more bearable.

Last edited:

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
Another Aussie here! Sydney Based.
Looking at getting into a 6MT Everest White Red Interior (will see what options we get over here)
having put down an order or deposit as i want to wait and see the reviews and check out the car in person. Also a bit up in the air about waiting for a Nismo? how long would it be for a Nismo to be released?

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
how long would it be for a Nismo to be released?
Hard to say.

The previous Z, the 370Z had a Nismo version sold almost immediately after the release of the normal version.

However with this latest Z and how the market is at the moment with shortages of parts I would say most likely a year or two after the release of the regular version. So more like late 2023 or 2024.

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Not sure about this one.

In Australia, didn't we got the v2 nismo until 2017 which was quite late after our USA brothers (2015?)

In summary, you just never know ?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Another Aussie here! Sydney Based.
Looking at getting into a 6MT Everest White Red Interior (will see what options we get over here)
having put down an order or deposit as i want to wait and see the reviews and check out the car in person. Also a bit up in the air about waiting for a Nismo? how long would it be for a Nismo to be released?
Great to see another Aussie…in all honesty I wouldn’t be hanging out for a Nismo. In the US they are not expecting it for a year or two, and then we will be behind that ….With the popularity of the car and the resell values at record highs, I say pull the trigger and order it whilst you still can

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
Suttons City Nissan are taking $3k deposit. We seem to know more then them. they couldnt tell me what colour interiors were available and said only black is the only option. They just kept referring to the details listed on the nissan australia website.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Disappointed that it seems we won't get any further information this year. Allocated Protos for Aus would be pretty good to know.

I've never preordered a vehicle before, but since the contract and 5k paid I've heard zero. Not even any advertising material for it as it comes to hand. I know I'm getting the damn thing anyway, but hell, even send me that brochure just to keep me on the line, ya'know?

They pace would need to be dramatically increased if they are seriously aiming at a mid year release.

How you lot going?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Disappointed that it seems we won't get any further information this year. Allocated Protos for Aus would be pretty good to know.

I've never preordered a vehicle before, but since the contract and 5k paid I've heard zero. Not even any advertising material for it as it comes to hand. I know I'm getting the damn thing anyway, but hell, even send me that brochure just to keep me on the line, ya'know?

They pace would need to be dramatically increased if they are seriously aiming at a mid year release.

How you lot going?

Crickets here as well…Nothing new.
Have to say it sounds like a few of you have ordered the Proto…given the US allocation, how many realistically do you think Aus will get?
I mean it’s hardly a limited edition if they have more than 100 for Australia in my opinion

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
given the US allocation, how many realistically do you think Aus will get?
I mean it’s hardly a limited edition if they have more than 100 for Australia in my opinion
When things were at fever pitch I do recall reading somewhere that it was just the US market that was getting the 240 protos - which was news to me because I thought there were 240 Proto's Total - as in each country got a slice of the 240. After reading that I figured that there would be more than 240 produced, and, with no further indication given for an overall total it would seem that whilst Nissan is getting down payments production targets are not being capped?

Companies like making money after all..

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Have to say it sounds like a few of you have ordered the Proto…given the US allocation, how many realistically do you think Aus will get?
When things were at fever pitch I do recall reading somewhere that it was just the US market that was getting the 240 protos - which was news to me because I thought there were 240 Proto's Total - as in each country got a slice of the 240. After reading that I figured that there would be more than 240 produced, and, with no further indication given for an overall total it would seem that whilst Nissan is getting down payments production targets are not being capped?

The 240 Proto Spec's being made for the US market is to pay a bit of a homage to the original Z the 240Z.

So at most you would think Australia or any other market outside of the US would get 240 Proto Spec's.

However as the US is the largest market for it and they are making only 240 to keep it special you would think smaller markets as you suggested West Aussie would need to have less than 240.

The only other number that would work if they want to stick with having a bit of a homage with the number of Proto Spec's available would be 50 as the Z Proto concept was made to honour 50 years of Z cars.