Hands Up all the Aussies

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I’m with you on that one…it makes no sense. If it was for saving money, there are so many other areas that they could have made more of an impact.
No idea why they would put everything bar the larger screen in…again, another strange sticking point.
It says 8 inch in all the specs that has been sent out attached to the same email fir reservations

I’m guessing we will know more by the end of the year…most interestingly your dealer like mine thought early 2022, most likely because that’s what the state manager told them

Looks like he hasn’t told them much more than that ?
Yep, I did see the 8 inch referenced in the specs. Am just hoping against hope we get a nice surprise. Like everyone says, it's not that big of a deal, but I think all of us just want what we've had our sights on for sometime.

Let's hope with all of the dealers been caught unawares they aren't keen looking like fools again and will be hunting around for their own information about 5his upcoming release!

Please just price it appropriately nissan! 75k performance and 80ish proto!

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I would say that the chip shortage could possibly be having an effect on this.

The 9in version on the Performance Spec in the US has features that we can't use here like On Star etc.

So they could be reserving all the 9in screens for the Performance spec for the US and not giving the 9in to other markets as they might not have enough units.

They would normally just disable this feature for other markets but with the chip shortage they might believe that they would not have enough units to fulfill this.
Fair point mate. Might indeed be the case.

But call me difficult, but I still would like to possess the car in the form that it exists elsewhere regardless. Perhaps I am simply emotionally invested in the car and am not being reasonable ?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Wondering…now your order is official, did your dealer ask for more of a down payment? Or $1000 still good enough for him.
Interesting in the west we are putting 5k down whilst you guys only needed 1
Yeah just the $1000. I was only charged this on Saturday once preorder become official.

But call me difficult, but I still would like to possess the car in the form that it exists elsewhere regardless.
I know what you mean. I want the exact model that we'll likely see fully reviewed and road tested in the US/Japan soon.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
It does say "Active Noise Cancellation and Active Sound Enhancement" which is the Bose system. Think we're good.
Just rummaging through this thread and this caught my eye. Active Sound Enhancement...

I've looked into a thing called Soundaktor before, somewhat recently actually and fear this is just another version of that "fake/enhanced engine noise" B/S.

here's one explanation: It consists of a speaker mounted on the firewall between the engine and the cabin, which adds noise to the cabin in order to replicate the driving experience of older vehicles that had lower levels of sound insulation

anyhow, have a scroll..

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UT...a-au-revc&source=android-browser&q=soundaktor

Someone else mentioned mods, a full aftermarket exhaust system would be something I'd strongly consider as would ripping out that bloody thing if I'm correct..

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Someone else mentioned mods, a full aftermarket exhaust system would be something I'd strongly consider as would ripping out that bloody thing if I'm correct..
That's correct! I drove a new Nismo 370z lately with the Bose ANC system that "generates canceling sound to remove undesirable low frequency engine noise, while preserving invigorating sounds of engine". Unfortunately you can't have one without the other but to be honest the engine "audio track" is barely noticeable and IMO you wouldn't hear it at all with an even slightly louder exhaust. It's a bizarre set up but definitely helps reduce unwanted road noise and drone.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
That would be me :)

My current car is a BMW M140i and it pipes fake engine noise through the stereo.

When I got my aftermarket Remus exhaust system I bought a bypass harness that bypasses the signal from the amplifier that provides the signal for the fake engine noise while still allowing the stereo system to work.

https://technicpnp.com/product/asd-bypass-harness/

Depending on how the system is setup in the Z a harness like this might be required to get rid of the fake engine noise.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah just the $1000. I was only charged this on Saturday once preorder become official.

I know what you mean. I want the exact model that we'll likely see fully reviewed and road tested in the US/Japan soon.
You have a good dealer there1k hold is fantastic…looks like WA is charging more than the rest of Aus.
Typical ?

slknv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911, Cayenne Turbo, Nissan S15
Given the abysmal ordering clusterf#ck that I've gone through, I'm not buying a Z anymore.

I called Ringwood Nissan on launch day in August to throw them money for a deposit on a car that had no ETA, no price, no specifications. Got a contract with a bunch of incorrect details which I requested to be corrected - nothing.

Registered interest online as well. Also entered my details online as soon as preorders/EOI was launched for a Proto spec. Again, nothing. Called rep, left a message, nothing.

I've been a lifetime JDM enthusiast - many Hondas and NIssans including GTR Vspec and an S15 which I still have. But I've given up on these poorly trained dribbling gerbils. I wanted a Z, but not if I have to do their f@!#ing job for them.

Sold my 911 a few days ago, so might be hunting for something semi-exotic instead of the Z. The Z is still an awesome car, hampered by the incompetency of their sales/dealership channels. Might still get one in the future providing I never have to talk to a dealer.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I called Ringwood Nissan on launch day in August to throw them money for a deposit on a car that had no ETA, no price, no specifications. Got a contract with a bunch of incorrect details which I requested to be corrected - nothing.
Really sorry to hear that. Wonder why they couldn't just tick and submit it?

Colour options.png

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
T
Really sorry to hear that. Wonder why they couldn't just tick and submit it?

Colour options.png
This could possibly something that particular dealer set up and printed?
Given none of our dealers had it in the system for reservation when Nissan Aus sends any reservation interest to your closest dealer…I agree it’s been very badly handled

If the C8s price tags or the Lotus Emira wasn’t triple that of the US ….I’d be outta here to.
But can’t afford them.

I’m guessing we might get a price late Nov early Dec, but it all could be wishful thinking

Last edited: