First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Horizon is made to be more of an arcade sim racer than straight sim though so the physics make sense.
i also own a couple arcade systems, a galaga stand-up and a ms. pac-man cocktail table
I would LOVE to get some stand ups but they're idiotically expensive. I want the full TMNT arcade experience in my house. Also want all the Marvel and Marvel VS Capcom games.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
I would LOVE to get some stand ups but they're idiotically expensive. I want the full TMNT arcade experience in my house. Also want all the Marvel and Marvel VS Capcom games.
There are some pretty inexpensive options out there if you don't need the presentation to look exactly like an old school cabinet. Could mount a big screen TV on the wall and have a stand for the arcade sticks and run an emulator like MAME or get one of those Pandora's Box units...

51-bsgXH8TS._AC_SL1011_.jpg

814kXobX12L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
I bought the Oculus Quest 2 and connected it to my PC to play Assetto Corsa... Instantaneous motion sickness. :( I tend to get motion sickness really bad with FPS games, so it was bound to happen with VR racing. I'm mostly fine playing VR when it's my own head/body moving around, but once simulated motion is introduced, I can't handle it.

Yeah, I was thinking of getting the new Fanatec GT DD Pro bundle and a new seat/frame/mount rig, but that would cost around $2k. My current entry level setup works well enough, and I'd rather put that money towards the new Z!

Side note. I live in Los Angeles and have driven/ridden the Angeles Crest Highway many times, but I was sooo intrigued by the LA Canyons mod and that's what made me buy Assetto Corsa in the first place.

I'm not big into drifting, but this video is pretty sick

?
Watched those 2 videos, they were great. The 911 driver was quite skilled. I haven't seen this mod before. Makes me want to get back into it. The drifting video was insane, too! Yes, the motion sickness in VR is a problem. I've only tried a quick demo in a store, so don't really know yet if I am subject to it. There seems to be fixes available for some games and headsets. You've probably looked into that already. Anyway, a good monitor or big tv works fine too, for immersiveness. There's a sim channel on youtube where the guy has 3 65" tvs in front and around him, with a bunch of high end fanatec stuff, plus a powerful pc, and it looks better than VR to me, but he's spent somewhere north of $100k on it.

Yep, if it weren't for the (real) new car bug, I too would be looking to get a full seat and fanatec rig. But, maybe eventually. One advantage in delaying tech purchases is that time is always on your side. You will be assured of getting the latest and greatest, at least for the next 6 months ??‍♂

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
I bought the Oculus Quest 2 and connected it to my PC to play Assetto Corsa... Instantaneous motion sickness. :( I tend to get motion sickness really bad with FPS games, so it was bound to happen with VR racing. I'm mostly fine playing VR when it's my own head/body moving around, but once simulated motion is introduced, I can't handle it.
I think you can slowly get your brain used to the motion - but for the most part, I have the same issue. I can do it (walking) for a short while if I walk on the spot while moving in game as it sorta provides that fake feedback to my brain. I've had a a few times where I just felt so good playing and then BOOM headache and the need to go to sleep.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There's a sim channel on youtube where the guy has 3 65" tvs in front and around him, with a bunch of high end fanatec stuff, plus a powerful pc, and it looks better than VR to me, but he's spent somewhere north of $100k on it.
Oh, are you talkin about Boosted Media? Their videos are wild

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think you can slowly get your brain used to the motion - but for the most part, I have the same issue. I can do it (walking) for a short while if I walk on the spot while moving in game as it sorta provides that fake feedback to my brain. I've had a a few times where I just felt so good playing and then BOOM headache and the need to go to sleep.
I bought some dramamine to try out while VR'ing. Haven't given it a go yet, but hopefully it will prevent the massive headache VR racing gives me

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
Gamer here, although I haven't been able to play much lately. Got a gaming PC last year (prebuilt HP Omen) to break away from consoles. Wanting to put together a racing simulator rig this year. Also looking to add a multi-game arcade set up to my media/game room for when I have company or my nephews over.

OP
OP
bboypuertoroc

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
There are some pretty inexpensive options out there if you don't need the presentation to look exactly like an old school cabinet. Could mount a big screen TV on the wall and have a stand for the arcade sticks and run an emulator like MAME or get one of those Pandora's Box units...

51-bsgXH8TS._AC_SL1011_.jpg

814kXobX12L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Yeah I definitely thought about doing something like this. Would work for the space I have now since it's pretty limited in my new house. Have plenty of spare TVs I can use. I really want to get the real cabinets when I buy my next house. I want something like a full on arcade for a game room.

OP
OP
bboypuertoroc

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'm working with limited space in my new place. Need to buy some Ikea cubicles and LEDs for my display. Also need room for my gun bench and I want to put a Rogue folding power rack as well.

20220201_191602.jpg

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
For the VR people getting motion sick, I found that frequent short term use realy helps people get their "VR legs". Try 15 minute sessions for a few days, then start upping it to 25 etc. Now I can play as long as I want and never get motion sick.

Funny story; my first VR experience I was drinking with a buddy, and he had me play ace combat 7 with a flight stick rig. I took off in an f-18, everything was so cool while I was looking around. I went for a big banked downward turn, my stomach dropped and I instantly went to the bathroom to go puke lol

OP
OP
bboypuertoroc

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
After getting into Forza Mortorsport GT just doesn't feel as good anymore. Sucks because GT is what got me into cars way back in the original GT days.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
working on a 360 library...got another 100-150 im resurfacing disc's to add to this collection...

20220122_110519.jpg

20220122_110400.jpg