For the love of (preferred deity)!

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Hype is dead. Rollout is a flop. Nissan has taken far too long to release the car. On top of that, the car itself is a let down. It's not even worth the wait. It falls short in just about every major category when looking at it side by side with its competitors.

The price is a joke. When they announced pricing half the forum said "No thanks."

The performance vs the competition is a joke. When reviews about the car's performance(or lack thereof) came out, even more folks said "No thanks, show me the door."

The release of the car is a joke. There is nothing substantial that is standout about the new Z when compared to any of the competition. In a year or two when they're sitting on lots used for $45-$40k, it'll be a more attractive proposition, but by then I think a majority of the potential customers will have already moved on and bought something else like many on this forum already have seemingly done.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
What the actual f**k Nissan....

This forum is freaking dead.

I'm about to go into the "Hands up all the Aussies" thread and start some shit!
welcome to come across to the dark side and chuck a tanty in the Aussie page, but have to tell you…we are not getting anywhere either, and our thread is dying a slow death just like the rest of the forum.

It’s a total failure. This was supposed to be the car to get people interested in Nissan again…instead it’s just put more people off

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
The real Nissan Z is the friends we've made along the way

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
welcome to come across to the dark side and chuck a tanty in the Aussie page, but have to tell you…we are not getting anywhere either, and our thread is dying a slow death just like the rest of the forum.

It’s a total failure. This was supposed to be the car to get people interested in Nissan again…instead it’s just put more people off
All y'all's thread is the only one getting regular traffic on this forum. I get a cranker on and feel like hoppin' on over to start some mess just to liven this place up a bit! I gotta pull my self back from doing it.

This is probably, by far, the most dead "new" car forum on the internet......

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Hype is dead. Rollout is a flop. Nissan has taken far too long to release the car. On top of that, the car itself is a let down. It's not even worth the wait. It falls short in just about every major category when looking at it side by side with its competitors.

The price is a joke. When they announced pricing half the forum said "No thanks."

The performance vs the competition is a joke. When reviews about the car's performance(or lack thereof) came out, even more folks said "No thanks, show me the door."

The release of the car is a joke. There is nothing substantial that is standout about the new Z when compared to any of the competition. In a year or two when they're sitting on lots used for $45-$40k, it'll be a more attractive proposition, but by then I think a majority of the potential customers will have already moved on and bought something else like many on this forum already have seemingly done.
Regardless of performance and functionality concerns, for a guy like me the Z could still be a fun and desirable car - if the price were right and if available. But it's looking like low availability and jacked up prices a long way (years?) out - at least in the USA market.

Originally I had hoped for a reasonable shot at an MSRP Z maybe latter half of 2023. Now that's seeming pushed further out. I expected more clarity on that by now, but things seem murkier which is odd.

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I've been watching other, used car options now. I've always had a soft spot for Mk7/Mk7.5 Golf R's, the used prices for them are starting to become reasonable again, 2 that I am watching are about to hit my used car threshold of $24K.......if I buy one I won't have enough to buy a Z outright like I planned, which brings me to the frustration with Nissan about absolutely ZERO communications on the Z. I have sat on this money for 2 years waiting for a Z. I did everything "right" (I don't regularly have this kind of money, we aren't rich, this took time to acquire) and I feel like if I buy an alternate car, Nissan will dump a bunch of Zs at my dealer and I'll be mad at myself. Or, if I keep waiting, I'll be waiting until some environmental laws end up causing the Z to be cancelled before they could even get a reasonable run of production in. I feel the latter is more likely by far, but it'd be nice if Nissan would be transparent about the issues with the Z so I could make an informed decision....

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
I've been watching other, used car options now. I've always had a soft spot for Mk7/Mk7.5 Golf R's, the used prices for them are starting to become reasonable again, 2 that I am watching are about to hit my used car threshold of $24K.......if I buy one I won't have enough to buy a Z outright like I planned, which brings me to the frustration with Nissan about absolutely ZERO communications on the Z. I have sat on this money for 2 years waiting for a Z. I did everything "right" (I don't regularly have this kind of money, we aren't rich, this took time to acquire) and I feel like if I buy an alternate car, Nissan will dump a bunch of Zs at my dealer and I'll be mad at myself. Or, if I keep waiting, I'll be waiting until some environmental laws end up causing the Z to be cancelled before they could even get a reasonable run of production in. I feel the latter is more likely by far, but it'd be nice if Nissan would be transparent about the issues with the Z so I could make an informed decision....
Honestly man - i think you answered your own question/issue - best to wait it out since you have waited it out this long. This post did have me wondering 'Are Golf R's going down in price??!!' and you're right - prices for the Golf R are starting to go down. I think that would be a great car for a 'daily' but not a fun sports car on the w/e or if you are looking to daily the Z - I just feel the new Z will be a lot more fun and rewarding to drive (and I'm a VW fan boy haha).

The way I look at it - the prices of everything are still pretty high - the longer you wait - the better the choices will be so IF you decide to move on from the Z - you'll probably find some other fun options out there such as a 6MT Supra, the new CTR (or even a used one for that matter) - I just feel that the longer one waits the better the prices will be - interest rates on the other hand - well, not so much but you mentioned possibly paying cash for this so as much as its hard to do - 'stay the course'.