Does anyone know of Dealerships that will be able to service the new Z?

Sighard

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
89 240sx,07 Versa,12 F150 ecoboost,18 Civic Si
Occupation
Retired Army
Looking for a Dealership I guess between Witchita, KS, Topeka KS, and Kansas City, KS or MO. that will be able to service this new vehicle when it launches. Anyone hear the same as me...., as in my passings seeking any informaton (just take my money, yes the yellow one is fine lol) in dealerships so far. Is that they may not sell this vehicle at launch due to mechanics and service equipment not available. Does this leave us to seek out GT-R capable Nissan Dealerships?

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Looking for a Dealership I guess between Witchita, KS, Topeka KS, and Kansas City, KS or MO. that will be able to service this new vehicle when it launches. Anyone hear the same as me...., as in my passings seeking any informaton (just take my money, yes the yellow one is fine lol) in dealerships so far. Is that they may not sell this vehicle at launch due to mechanics and service equipment not available. Does this leave us to seek out GT-R capable Nissan Dealerships?
I havent heard that, but i did go to a GT-R capable dealership to put my deposit down as i would imagine they would be best to service the car

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
If it's the same engine why not? Some Supra owners have taken their cars to get serviced at BMW dealers.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
I asked an Infiniti dealer if they would service(general repairs ) the Z and they said yes , but if it required warranty work the answer was no

OP
OP
Sighard

Sighard

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Retired Army
I havent heard that, but i did go to a GT-R capable dealership to put my deposit down as i would imagine they would be best to service the car
Where would this dealership be located. I am ready to put down a deposit to be on a list. Edit.... I just saw Australia. Mkay don't do drugs mkay

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I find this whole discussion strange.
In Australia, the dealer you buy it from services it, it would be unheard of for a dealer not to be able to service a car they sold.
Then there are mechanics who can also service, and as long as they do it by the handbook your warranty is protected by law

OP
OP
Sighard

Sighard

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Retired Army
I find this whole discussion strange.
In Australia, the dealer you buy it from services it, it would be unheard of for a dealer not to be able to service a car they sold.
Then there are mechanics who can also service, and as long as they do it by the handbook your warranty is protected by law
I think you are missing the legality of it for the selling dealership. They have factory trained technicians. They must have those on their staff to service the vehicle and maintain the warranty, or any future warranty extension if a problem is found with any design with the vehicle. Nissan must ensure this. I have spoken with many dealerships that say they can not service a vehicle due to trained mechanics, tools or specialty equipment required to ensure the work is done to the factory standards. Or there is joe bob down the street. You pick who you take your Z to. But Nissan must follow its own rules. Yes, and I reread your statement to add this. Do it by the book. Nissan has that book. Not the Ford or GMC dealership. Nissan controls who they give that book to.

Example Ford has that awesome Ford GT. Nissan has the GT-R. You cant just get that anywhere?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Audi TT RS
I think you are missing the legality of it for the selling dealership. They have factory trained technicians. They must have those on their staff to service the vehicle and maintain the warranty, or any future warranty extension if a problem is found with any design with the vehicle. Nissan must ensure this. I have spoken with many dealerships that say they can not service a vehicle due to trained mechanics, tools or specialty equipment required to ensure the work is done to the factory standards. Or there is job bob down the street. You pick who you take your Z to. But Nissan must follow its own rules.

Example Ford has that awesome Ford GT. Nissan has the GT-R. You cant just get that anywhere?
To answer your original question - as was the case with my 370Z, it can be serviced at any Nissan dealer. There isn't anything special about the Z.

Now in bigger cities like Houston where I lived, there are always more "enthusiast-skewed" dealerships with dedicated GT-R techs that are usually given the Z's to work on. Not oil changes, but mods or fitting a special parts. At least that was my experience.

OP
OP
Sighard

Sighard

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Retired Army
To answer your original question - as was the case with my 370Z, it can be serviced at any Nissan dealer. There isn't anything special about the Z.

Now in bigger cities like Houston where I lived, there are always more "enthusiast-skewed" dealerships with dedicated GT-R techs that are usually given the Z's to work on. Not oil changes, but mods or fitting a special parts. At least that was my experience.
I think you said it better than me. I was trying to state, that nissan dealerships are more likely to get the vehicle at launch if nissan knows that servicing the vehicle will not be an interstate journey. Yes, basic maintenance can be done by any quality mechanic. But with computers controlling so much, if a new tune, or software load is needed. They want you to come to them.

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS, Mustang Ecoboost
I don't know why anyone would ever pose such a question. There is nothing special, new, or exclusive about the new Z. It is mostly being pieced together from the existing Nissan parts bin. Even if it was all new from the ground up, any Nissan dealership should be able to service it. However, I am one of those that puts very little faith in the capabilities of the average dealership mechanics and will only take a vehicle in for warranty and recall work. Biggest problem with dealerships is there is no one checking over vehicles prior delivery, so mechanics are not held accountable for shoddy work.

OP
OP
Sighard

Sighard

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Retired Army
Agree with you 1 million percent. Hate dealerships, hate car salesman. I am just trying to find out where to get the car. And these have been the dealer's responses told to me and not my reasons. Not my intent to require dealership visits.

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS, Mustang Ecoboost
Agree with you 1 million percent. Hate dealerships, hate car salesman. I am just trying to find out where to get the car. And these have been the dealer's responses told to me and not my reasons. Not my intent to require dealership visits.
Understand. Ultimately it is too early to shop around, most dealers are unaware of new models coming until there is an actual factory announcement. I would suggest contacting several in your area once there is an official announcement so they may be able actually give you an idea of what you can expect to pay. Likely the best deal available will be full MSRP, as most will try to add mark up. There may be a select few that will offer under MSRP pricing, but you will need to be willing to travel to find one. Last year when I had signed up for the new Bronco, there were a couple dealerships on the forums that were offering 2-3% over invoice pricing for forum members. Maybe similar will happen with the Z?? However, I believe it took the efforts of forum members to pester dealers with possibility of large number of members placing orders thru them. Higher order count would bump their ability to get higher allotment numbers in the future. Of course the Bronco was a personal pre-order only for the first year, so dealers would not be able to place orders until 2022.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think you are missing the legality of it for the selling dealership. They have factory trained technicians. They must have those on their staff to service the vehicle and maintain the warranty, or any future warranty extension if a problem is found with any design with the vehicle. Nissan must ensure this. I have spoken with many dealerships that say they can not service a vehicle due to trained mechanics, tools or specialty equipment required to ensure the work is done to the factory standards. Or there is joe bob down the street. You pick who you take your Z to. But Nissan must follow its own rules. Yes, and I reread your statement to add this. Do it by the book. Nissan has that book. Not the Ford or GMC dealership. Nissan controls who they give that book to.

Actually not in Australia you don’t,
It goes against our competition standards and laws.
Any registered reputable mechanic can service the car….as long as they follow the manual If they don’t do it by the book and have stated otherwise through the manual then they are liable for any warranty mishaps.
It may be the case that in the US you are not protected by such laws…in Australia we are
Because of this MANY car dealers in Australia now offer set price servicing for the life of the warranty, as they were all loosing their servicing business.
It is usually very reasonable and in line with most regular mechanics….they do this to keep the business and encourage people to return to the dealer.
Before this was the case, car dealers services had sky rocketed.
Don’t get me wrong, I will service it from the dealer I buy it from, but mechanics are capable of carrying out the work. We use to take our Lotus Esprit to a normal mechanic, because we only had one dealer in the state who was charging exorbitant amounts, and we never had an issue

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sighard

Sighard

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Retired Army
Actually not in Australia you don’t,
It goes against our competition standards and laws.
Any registered reputable mechanic can service the car….as long as they follow the manual If they don’t do it by the book and have stated otherwise through the manual then they are liable for any warranty mishaps.
It may be the case that in the US you are not protected by such laws…in Australia we are
Because of this MANY car dealers in Australia now offer set price servicing for the life of the warranty, as they were all loosing their servicing business.
It is usually very reasonable and in line with most regular mechanics….they do this to keep the business and encourage people to return to the dealer.
Before this was the case, car dealers services had sky rocketed.
Don’t get me wrong, I will service it from the dealer I buy it from, but mechanics are capable of carrying out the work. We use to take our Lotus Esprit to a normal mechanic, because we only had one dealer in the state who was charging exorbitant amounts, and we never had an issue
That actually sounds like the right to repair US and Europe are fighting for. Many manufactures will not provide the repair instructions, specialty tools, and parts. So you are forced to go to the high priced dealership. Good for the Aussies