Chevy Corvette C8 vs Nissan Z35

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
While I find the new C8 to be a bit odd looking is anyone considering or will be cross shopping it with the new Z?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I'll take a Nismo Z over a base C8. I don't ever see it happening, but if I were to get a Vette it would at minimum be a Z06. I loved the C6 ZR1 when it came out, and the C7 has grown on me some since the release of the C8, but I'll pass on GM unless we're talking classics or pickups.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
The new Z will cost significantly less than even a bare bones C8. If anyone can afford a C8 and took a new Z over it they must be crazy. The C8 is better in every way possible.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
The new Z will cost significantly less than even a bare bones C8. If anyone can afford a C8 and took a new Z over it they must be crazy. The C8 is better in every way possible.
performance-wise you may be right...
but i don't think the new z is even in the same category as the c8.
the z is more of an economy sports car, the c8 is a high performance sports/super car now.
its meant to compete with exotics and such, it would be a better comparison to pit it against the gtr.

gtr and c8 are aimed at basically the same crowd...guys wanting lambo/ferrari killing machines at a fraction of the cost.
although the gtr is now way over the 100k mark now, but began at around 75-79k when it first debut if memory serves.
the c8 has gone up after the first year model as i understand it.
btw all the c8's i've seen sold were well over 80k...no one is ordering "base models" lol

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
While I find the new C8 to be a bit odd looking is anyone considering or will be cross shopping it with the new Z?
i don't believe anyone is...unless they are looking at the nismo which makes more sense then the other trims.

I'll take a Nismo Z over a base C8. I don't ever see it happening, but if I were to get a Vette it would at minimum be a Z06. I loved the C6 ZR1 when it came out, and the C7 has grown on me some since the release of the C8, but I'll pass on GM unless we're talking classics or pickups.
i would rather have a nismo - provided its as awesome as we are all speculation...
but also, im and import guy...so theres that :cool:

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
i would rather have a nismo - provided its as awesome as we are all speculation...
but also, im and import guy...so theres that :cool:
Same here, still an import guy at heart. Owned 6 Japanese cars before waking up one day, realized that I'm probably never going to own a MKIV Supra, R33 or R34, and for lack of choices I settled for a different twin turbo inline 6 that of course had to be German :(

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Same here, still an import guy at heart. Owned 6 Japanese cars before waking up one day, realized that I'm probably never going to own a MKIV Supra, R33 or R34, and for lack of choices I settled for a different twin turbo inline 6 that of course had to be German :(
sadly gone are the days of a "good deal" on some of the jdm classics.
the "big 4" are getting out of reach for most of us now.

in my quest to obtain an r32 at a good price, i feel i messed around too long.
instead of getting one for $25-30k, i kept thinking they would go down eventually because they were way more common than a mkiv supra or say an nsx. now all the ones i see come up are 50k or more. years ago i had my mind set on a nice nsx for $35k but waited to see if i could get a jdm model for cheaper....big mistake. prob never get to own one now...

sorry about the first world problems tirade...im blessed to have what i've got now and have had in the past.

400Z

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Corvette, Porsche, Mercedes
I own a C8 HTC. I am NOT looking for the Z to replace this car as I view it as a totally different driving experience with a manual transmission, smaller wheelbase and more bare bones.
That said, I really hope Nissan dealers let us by this car at MSRP just like most of Chevy dealers have done using the normal ordering system. And hopefully not with a 12 to 18 month wait!! Yes, I want my cake and eat it too……

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
I own a C8 HTC. I am NOT looking for the Z to replace this car as I view it as a totally different driving experience with a manual transmission, smaller wheelbase and more bare bones.
That said, I really hope Nissan dealers let us by this car at MSRP just like most of Chevy dealers have done using the normal ordering system. And hopefully not with a 12 to 18 month wait!! Yes, I want my cake and eat it too……
You got a C8 at MSRP!?

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
You got a C8 at MSRP!?
Why not? Certain big Chevy dealers have been selling Vettes at MSRP (no more than) for years.
You just need to order early with deposit and wait for 1 yr (in case of C8).

I almost pulled the trigger back in late 2019.
To me, C8 attracts too much attention than I need.
The new Z is just perfect for me.
C8 is a good deal for many.
Waiting list is still long, and ADM still goes for $20k if not more (if someone wants it NOW).
Reliability wise, give it a few years... :)

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I see the C8 often here, sure has that exotic chiseled look and the awesome performance for the price. But….it’s just not for me, the C7 styling is so much more smooth and integrated.

Besides all that, these two are not going head to head, the new Z will run with the likes of Mustang GTs, Camaro SS 1LE, and others in the similar ballpark on pricing and performance.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
Why not? Certain big Chevy dealers have been selling Vettes at MSRP (no more than) for years.
You just need to order early with deposit and wait for 1 yr (in case of C8).

I almost pulled the trigger back in late 2019.
To me, C8 attracts too much attention than I need.
The new Z is just perfect for me.
C8 is a good deal for many.
Waiting list is still long, and ADM still goes for $20k if not more (if someone wants it NOW).
Reliability wise, give it a few years... :)
Lol man in my area they're all going for over 100K and I think they're still 100K last time I checked
When the supra first came out the dealer wanted 80K for it smh

I'm trying to wait it out to get a C8 once supply and demand hits at a balanced level

400Z

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Corvette, Porsche, Mercedes
You got a C8 at MSRP!?
Yes, but I also had to wait 18 months to get the car from the time of deposit to delivery. COVID and parts shortage has caused numerous plant delays in building C8s. Its a GREAT car, but I'm not too sure its worth the long wait. It certainly get a fair amount of attention when driving it.