Buying New or Pre owned

New or Used

• Total voters

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
New at MSRP only for me. My preference is waiting for late 2022. Better deal on the 2022s and also gives me the knowledge of the 2023 colors. Also used car prices are a joke right now. I don’t know how long it will take to correct. As they correct though, so will the value of my car that I want to sell to get the Z. That car is probably $7k inflated at the moment based on my carvana offer last week. Covers some of that depreciation moving forward so long as I don’t waste it all paying above MSRP.
I'm in the exact same position. That's why a dealer markup can screw the whole thing. I want to buy the Z, or order it, in late '21 or early '22, because who knows how long used car prices stay inflated. Having the extra $5k to $7k down on the Z would be nice. I can hear the Nissan salesman now, "Well, we're giving you all that extra $$$ on your trade-in, you can afford to pay the mark-up!" Unless we sell to Carvana, or to someone directly. Still, timing on this transaction looks to be tricky. We can always walk away from the deal, but the crazy used car prices will not last. One could sell the trade-in now, and bank the money, if one has another car. Me, I still like my GTI and would hate to sell it now, only to have unforseen sht happen later.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
I'm in the exact same position. That's why a dealer markup can screw the whole thing. I want to buy the Z, or order it, in late '21 or early '22, because who knows how long used car prices stay inflated. Having the extra $5k to $7k down on the Z would be nice. I can hear the Nissan salesman now, "Well, we're giving you all that extra $$$ on your trade-in, you can afford to pay the mark-up!" Unless we sell to Carvana, or to someone directly. Still, timing on this transaction looks to be tricky. We can always walk away from the deal, but the crazy used car prices will not last. One could sell the trade-in now, and bank the money, if one has another car. Me, I still like my GTI and would hate to sell it now, only to have unforseen sht happen later.
One of the Nissan techs servicing my Z straight up said it's better to just sell to CarMax.

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
Used, because I'm not a loaded like all you guys. :p

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Fuck a used car. Anything worth a damn is worth buying new. I don't trust people, especially with sports cars.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
This will be my first new car, for the first time in my life it actually makes more financial sense to buy new vs used thanks to the current market.

Plus it might be a while before they turn up used at a reasonable price.