Between Reveal on Aug 17 and Order date Nov 15 what to expect?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
What will happen, i.e. what can we do, after we find out the production specs and pricing? Is the Nov 15th date concrete?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
What will happen, i.e. what can we do, after we find out the production specs and pricing? Is the Nov 15th date concrete?
Unless they push it due to the ongoing chip shortage and possibly the rise in covid cases...again...just in time for the influx of back to back holidays starting in September.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Unless they push it due to the ongoing chip shortage and possibly the rise in covid cases...again...just in time for the influx of back to back holidays starting in September.
I donā€™t think it will be pushed back. They would have been well and truly aware of the chip issues etc when the date was released

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Canā€™t do much.l.except go talk to a dealerā€¦most already have
Yep already have, nothing concrete yet, at least the dealer Iā€™ve had good relations with does not promise anything. But you bet Iā€™ll be back there after 8/17!

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Hopefully Nissan will have a detailed configurator online, so can be prepared once ordering books open. Plus performance pkgs that DON'T require you to bundle with luxury items.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I keep hearing early next year. I'm not getting this car until next Summer anyway.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Hopefully Nissan will have a detailed configurator online, so can be prepared once ordering books open. Plus performance pkgs that DON'T require you to bundle with luxury items.
Yeah, my ideal scenario is the online config + order a la Ford with the Bronco, punch in preferred dealer, plug in my sales rep name/contact info (since he's been great to talk to, and I'd love to give him some credit and work with him further) and then get a rough timeline from there, with the ability to see progress as things come together. I'm one of those people who loves tracking packages, so let me do it with a car too lol.

It's 2021, there's no need for nonsensical runaround.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
ahh the new bronco...

secretly i'd like to get the 2 door and would more practical than the z, but i'm afraid the gas mileage would be no better than my xrunner

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
k
Yeah, my ideal scenario is the online config + order a la Ford with the Bronco, punch in preferred dealer, plug in my sales rep name/contact info (since he's been great to talk to, and I'd love to give him some credit and work with him further) and then get a rough timeline from there, with the ability to see progress as things come together. I'm one of those people who loves tracking packages, so let me do it with a car too lol.

It's 2021, there's no need for nonsensical runaround.
Do you not think asking you a configurable set up for the rumoured price might be a step to far to wish for?
You guys in the US may get luckyā€¦but in general in Aus they offer 2/3 models and very few added extras not usually many options to change things up, unless you are buying a mini which are outrageously priced ā€¦and even they are moving away from being able to configure them. Which was one of their main selling point in my opinion

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Can someone please stop me from buying an 08 R35 GTR today because I cant wait for the Z any longer

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Can someone please stop me from buying an 08 R35 GTR today because I cant wait for the Z any longer
if you don't wait...you may regret it later. think if the money you'll save...

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
You guys in the US may get luckyā€¦but in general in Aus they offer 2/3 models and very few added extras not usually many options to change things up, unless you are buying a mini which are outrageously priced ā€¦and even they are moving away from being able to configure them. Which was one of their main selling point in my opinion
Looks like in Aus, you donā€™t even have the option to switch the steering wheel to the other side!

Sorry itā€™s been a long wait, losing patience Hah!

But truthfully we need straightforward non-overlapping options pkgs plus individual line items. Iā€™m looking for a valid ā€˜Track Packageā€™ with Recaro Sportsters, usually more cost effective as a bundle.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I
Looks like in Aus, you donā€™t even have the option to switch the steering wheel to the other side!

Sorry itā€™s been a long wait, losing patience Hah!

But truthfully we need straightforward non-overlapping options pkgs plus individual line items. Iā€™m looking for a valid ā€˜Track Packageā€™ with Recaro Sportsters, usually more cost effective as a bundle.
I think they will offer things like that but included in the top modelā€¦not as an add on on a entry model
Could be wrong, but itā€™s what Iā€™m expecting. If you can swap and choose then I will be pleasantly surprised rather than upset after expecting and not getting it

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I
I think they will offer things like that but included in the top modelā€¦not as an add on on a entry model
Could be wrong, but itā€™s what Iā€™m expecting. If you can swap and choose then I will be pleasantly surprised rather than upset after expecting and not getting it
do you guys have the option to order rhd or lhd?
id love to get a rhd version. unfortunately here in the usa its lhd.
only rhd cars allowed are imported and over 25yrs old, like my first mkiv supra.