spyderdrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Kia Forte SX Koup, 2021 Kia Sorento SX
Seems everyone wants to hate the grille. Personally, I kinda like it and hope it doesn't change. If it were to change, I'd hope they keep it looking the same visually, but change it to a trapezoidal shape with the smaller side on top for the more aggressive appearance.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Please no trapezoidal grille.
Extend the front an inch or so to make the grille shorter or add a trim piece to visually divide it like how the old bumper did.

spyderdrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Kia Forte SX Koup, 2021 Kia Sorento SX
When I say trapezoidal, I mean it as a very subtle look. Like widen the bottom by no more than 2 inches (1 inch per side). Nothing drastic. Would still prefer the current look though.

triso07

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z, Evo X
Seems everyone wants to hate the grille. Personally, I kinda like it and hope it doesn't change. If it were to change, I'd hope they keep it looking the same visually, but change it to a trapezoidal shape with the smaller side on top for the more aggressive appearance.
I agree. This grill matches the 240 perfectly and should not be changed. If they wanted to shrink the size vertically slightly that's fine, but the straightness is perfectly retro.

triso07

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z, Evo X
Please no trapezoidal grille.
Extend the front an inch or so to make the grille shorter or add a trim piece to visually divide it like how the old bumper did.
Yes. The straightness matches the 240 and is amazing.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
Should Nissan have made the Z35 a little more retro? / Aftermarket Possibilities

I wouldn't be surprised if the aftermarket offered something similar. What do you think, hot or not?

IMG_3548 (1).jpg

IMG_3550 (1).jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3546 (1).jpg

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I'm sure a design more retro wouldn't meet regulation or safety standards. Honestly I don't mind that they tried going back to the original Z styling, but at the same time I still wish they would've gotten a bit more creative with the design. I like the car much more now than when I first saw the proto reveal, but I still need to see it in person to make the deciding factor.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Should Nissan have made the Z35 a little more retro? / Aftermarket Possibilities

I wouldn't be surprised if the aftermarket offered something similar. What do you think, hot or not?

IMG_3546 (1).jpg
Meh... keep the vents, ditch the lights (at least I'm assuming those are lights above the vents). Retro headlight bucket is a nice touch, how would it look with the Porshe 4-point bulb design instead? Absolutely no halo, too last week.

I'm trying to unsee the chrome mirrors. Prefer HRE P104s over the Volks any day for this car. Don't change the tail lights, its one of my favorite parts of the design. Get rid of the quad pipes.

Last edited: