Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
overall it looks pretty good.
not diggin the black roof so much.

dealership calls once or twice a month trying to get me to trade my trd sport in and offering more than we paid new.

also an update, my x-runner now has over 260k now...

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Actually, I'm intrigued by the upcoming new Tacoma. However, 3 things concern me:
-they may kill or limit the options for longer bed models (6') either by killing the king cab and/or making the shortbed 4 door the only version with compelling features. Hope I'm wrong, I know the Tundra is available in a wide range of cab/bed choices
- definitely concerned these will get a huge price increase
- limited production. My local dealer rarely has the Tundra in stock. I can't see the new Tacoma being much better.....

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
It looks pretty much spot on to that EV concept truck for 2021

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Actually, I'm intrigued by the upcoming new Tacoma. However, 3 things concern me:
-they may kill or limit the options for longer bed models (6') either by killing the king cab and/or making the shortbed 4 door the only version with compelling features. Hope I'm wrong, I know the Tundra is available in a wide range of cab/bed choices
- definitely concerned these will get a huge price increase
- limited production. My local dealer rarely has the Tundra in stock. I can't see the new Tacoma being much better.....
#4 no change in seating position. Tacoma is about the most uncomfortable vehicle I’ve ever driven. Hopefully they change that this go around.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
#4 no change in seating position. Tacoma is about the most uncomfortable vehicle I’ve ever driven. Hopefully they change that this go around.
hmm, thats weird...ive owned 4 tacos so far. currently own a 3rd gen (on my third) and a 2nd gen x-runner.

they have never felt uncomfortable to me though i perfer the xr.

the tocos were more cofortable then all 4 nissan trucks ive owned...and a much better build quality too

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
the tocos were more cofortable then all 4 nissan trucks ive owned...and a much better build quality too
I'm a huge Toyota fan. But, I think the whole "build quality" thing is a bit overblown and contributes to the persistent overpricing of Toyota trucks and SUVs. I agree they're better built, but 15 years ago I went to buy a Tacoma and I came home with a Titan. I haven't had one problem with it, and I don't obsess over it, I don't mind to push it down a narrow trail getting scratches and dings. The Toyota guys won't dare scratch their trucks.

The build quality of my Titan is pretty mediocre, my Q60 has amazing build quality, but the Titan is on the same level as a domestic. Doesn't matter when I'm doing dump runs or towing.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
hmm, thats weird...ive owned 4 tacos so far. currently own a 3rd gen (on my third) and a 2nd gen x-runner.

they have never felt uncomfortable to me though i perfer the xr.

Interesting. To me it's a weird feeling with your legs out in front of you at an awkward angle. Are you short?