DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
This video was already out once. Why did they republish it today?
Maybe because Nissan is desperate to keep the Z's PR/marketing momentum from completely dying out? I was thinking about this earlier today - they really have no new meat to throw out there for months, until the first production cars are available for a "first-drive" event which according to the PR manager isn't happening until the new year. As the Nismo version won't be out for a long time there is nothing they can resort to there.

In the meantime Toyota and Subaru will have the new twins in the hands of major outlets in a couple of months for full reviews as production is well under way. Nissan needs to come up with some way to keep attention on the Z - a tour of major NA city dealerships by a few pre-production cars wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Maybe because Nissan is desperate to keep the Z's PR/marketing momentum from completely dying out? I was thinking about this earlier today - they really have no new meat to throw out there for months, until the first production cars are available for a "first-drive" event which according to the PR manager isn't happening until the new year. As the Nismo version won't be out for a long time there is nothing they can resort to there.

In the meantime Toyota and Subaru will have the new twins in the hands of major outlets in a couple of months for full reviews as production is well under way. Nissan needs to come up with some way to keep attention on the Z - a tour of major NA city dealerships by a few pre-production cars wouldn't hurt.
The Nissan PR guys have been quiet lately, no developing news, like I mentioned elsewhere it's a long time between now and Spring deliveries. I'd really like to see more indepth reviews and road tests soon, before the year's over. The Z has made appearances at dealerships lately in CA but we've seen most of the details up close already.

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
That's not Jay Leno's Garage, it's Leno's Garage w/ only 2K subs.
Hah! I didn't even notice. It hasn't been published on this official channel, guess this is just a quality tv rip.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Hah! I didn't even notice. It hasn't been published on this official channel, guess this is just a quality tv rip.
I guess I should make it clear. There has been reports of cloned YT channels with an intent to scam people. It's the same approach with FB business pages.

This is the same video that Jay humbly said $40K price range is still a lot of money but masked with a different YT video thumbnail. The thumbnail do not represent the content of the video which makes me believe someone is trying to be AT LEAST CREATIVE.