First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so now that most of us know and are up to speed on the current information about the z, talk about what you like and dislike about it. i know that there is some pertinent info still missing, like the actual pricing and weight of the z, but comment on what we know so far. me personally...

1. the 400hp engine - hoping for a little more, but happy with it.
2. manual option - need we say more toyota?
3. overall styling - very japanese and minimalistic, you still listening toyota?

dislikes:
1. really the grill opening was my main complaint to begin with, but i think it was addressed now that actual grill is more visible.
2. color choices. if im being picky, i wish there were a few more color choices like green, but really all the colors so far are great.
3. roof color. again, being picky, the option to color match the roof to the body or choose black. i feel some colors would look better with black, but i'd love to have the blue with a blue roof.

Last edited:

Z_Coastal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi TT S Line Coupe
Like:
Styling is very good (not perfect)
Engine / Transmission
Most modern safety equipment was added
Interior Design seems good

Could have done more:
Weight Reduction would be welcome

All colours should have matched roof option

Light Coloured Wheels should be available

Seating electronics should have been updated to multi-way fully electric with Driverā€™s Seat Memory

Heated Steering Wheel would have been nice

HUD option would have been nice too

Drive Modes: Comfort / Sport / Individual

Last edited:

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Confirmed the $40k starting price by their COO.
CSC problem will be addressed.

Dislikes:
Did not mention the cost of performance package.
Did not reveal any details on NISMO

We knew the rest already before the reveal.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
so now that most of us know and are up to speed on the current information about the z, talk about what you like and dislike about it. i know that there is some pertinent info still missing, like the actual pricing and weight of the z, but comment on what we know so far. me personally...

1. the 400hp engine - hoping for a little more, but happy with it.
2. manual option - need we say more toyota?
3. overall styling - very japanese and minimalistic, you still listening toyota?

dislikes:
1. really the grill opening was my main complaint to begin with, but i think it was addressed now that actual grill is more visible.
2. color choices. if im being picky, i wish there were a few more color choices like green, but really all the colors so far are great.
3. roof color. again, being picky, the option to color match the roof to the body or choose black. i feel some colors would look better with black, but i'd love to have the blue with a blue roof.
Agreed on just about everything here, although I do think that Nissan has been OK with its range of colour options IF they gave us a black/body colour roof choice for each. I'd also like a katana-delete option.

I also wish styling dictates hadn't precluded some improvement in greenhouse size to give us better outward visibility. The 240Z had outstanding outward sight lines, it's all been downhill since then...

Still waiting to hear if there are user-selectable partial settings for the TC and VSC systems. For a performance car in this price bracket not to provide these at this point is near-criminal, even the much cheaper twins just launched with a 5 level TC setup.

seawolfxix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Honda S2000; 2016 GMC Canyon
All colours should have matched roof option

Seating electronics should have been updated to multi-way fully electric with Driverā€™s Seat Memory

Heated Steering Wheel would have been nice

HUD option would have been nice too
These ā˜

+ maybe a different door handle? Iā€™m not crazy about the vertical lever.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Agree with most everything folks have covered. Especially want to echo the option of a green that @jdm-rhd said - this car would break necks in with a British racing green paint job and bronze wheels - but beyond that, lighter colored wheels for sure (still uncertain if Bronze will be an option beyond the Proto trim, they better be) - and I would love tan interior. Excited to see the red, we all know the blue looks great, I'm...not terribly excited about but could get over it re: black.

Regarding HUD, I wonder if we'll miss it as much as we think we will. The digital cluster looks pretty robust, and big, and customizable, so wanna see what folks think once its in reviewers hands.

Z_Coastal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi TT S Line Coupe
Regarding HUD, I wonder if we'll miss it as much as we think we will. The digital cluster looks pretty robust, and big, and customizable, so wanna see what folks think once its in reviewers hands.
HUD is certainly not a deal breaker.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You guys are spoiltā€¦.we will get far less choice than you.

I liked everything other than solid interior car coloursā€¦.and not revealing final prices.
Would be happy with the interior exactly as it was in the Proto, but not a deal breaker.

Colours, Iā€™m sure everyone can find one they like.
Ventilated Seats whilst a nice idea, would add another few bucks and Iā€™m guessing most of us have never had them and wonā€™t know what we are missing
HUD having the Peugeot with a digital speedometer, Iā€™ve realised itā€™s not that big of a dealā€¦the digital dash makes a huge difference, and details like speed are kinda in your face already, I actually prefer digital dash to HUD
Nismoā€¦i think the performance model has such great specs that the much more expensive Nismo for me is not an option
Heated steering wheel? Not in Aus, we are hot enough already ?

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
We have HUD on our Mazda CX5.
Can't see anything with polarized sunglasses...
Need to tilt your head to see it ... like it otherwise.

My guess is that Nissan will decide on NISMO depending on how successful the new Z will be.
That means ... decision in 2022.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
- TT V6
- Digital display
- Interior
- CSC issue resolved
- 2/3 useful gauges

Dislikes:
- Color options... black roof should be an option on ALL colors, just like body color roof should be on ALL colors. Also, where the hell is my Le Mans Sunset? I also wish they would get rid of that garbage shiny primer color that seems to be all the rage these days and replace is with something like the C7's Watkins Glen grey metallic. Also, I'd pay for the option to get different color brakes.
- We still haven't been given the weight of the car.
- Nissan could've sprung for a DCT instead of a torque converter. I mean it doesn't matter to ME, but it should still be a thing.
- 1/3 useless gauges. Voltmeter is wack... give me a wideband or oil pressure or even at least an EGT. At least it's not a clock I guess.
- Targa top would've been nice.
- Wheel color choices. I like black, but having at least silver as well would've been good. I do like the bronze and hope I can actually get it as an option.
- Not really stressing Nismo details, but I would like to know when it will be available. If it's like a year or two out I don't wanna wait for it but if it's within that first year I don't want to have to buy the Z and then turn around and trade it in for the Nismo.