First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
My Tial does a sku ku kssssh. Almost as entertaining of a sound as my O2 dump at WOT and 8k+rpm

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I too know a couple of things about the 4G63/64.
i can see that in your sig. mine is by way of the 2g eclipse. me, my bro and dad had one.

i still look for a 98-99 gsx but you hardly see them anymore and when you do, the price is steep. gone are the days of picking one up for $5-7k lol...

Last edited:

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
i can see that in your sign. mine is by way of the 2g eclipse. me, my bro and dad had one.

i still look for a 98-99 gsx but you hardly see them anymore and when you do, the price is steep. gone are the days of picking one up for $5-7k lol...
I look all the damn time for a 2Gb GSX. I remember finding one in WA like 4 years ago for $10k. Bone stock, one owner, under 100k miles. I was about to move and couldn't do it. Huge regret.

I had a 2Ga back in '02. Damn I miss that car.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I gotta be honest, one of the things I'm most excited about w/ this car is the whoosh pshhhh sounds. I miss boost so much, lol.
I will have to say, I didn't think i'd like FI as much as I do. Its such a good compromise between power delivery, responsiveness, acceleration & even fuel econ. I just took a 2300mi road trip from NC to NY/Niagara and each leg of the trip consistently hit 33mpg and 15mpg hooining around the city. I will say, with a 6cyl, the loss of engine/exhaust sound isn't that noticeable, assuming the exhaust is open/free flowing enough. I can't wait for what ARK & Fast Intentions do to this platform in terms of sound.