2023 Lotus Emira

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
is anyone placing a deposit on the Lotus Emira , I am being told $2500.00 is required to put ya on the list . Of course deposit is refundable , The real questions is will they put in writing at MSRP .

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Simply gorgeous but that hood has more waves than the ocean. Watch the reflections when its rotating on the turntable around the 16minute mark.
Hope they fix the molding process on the production version. Sad to see such a beautiful car with lines do not even flow into the bumper.

Untitled.jpg

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
hmm hard to tell but good point !this isn't a final production car . this car was built 18 months ago from what I heard from on of the YouTube posts . but i do like it and I like that the HP will be 416 hp , slightly more then the Z , Z is still the bargain

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
I test drove a 2020 Evora GT with 300 miles unfortunately its was an auto, car handle like a kart, great ride handle the road well , comfy cabin with great seats (think they where Sparco) stopped on a dime . If the upcoming Emira is like this or possibly better its gonna be a winner .

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Audi TT RS
Amazing car, but Lotus build quality is a big IF at this point. Tiny dealer network, questionable parts availability, and expensive service costs (and I currently own an Audi!) give me pause.

It's absolutely stunning, and I should be able to get into one for the cost of a heavily optioned C8 3LT HTC, sub-$100K. Lots of issues to overcome for me at this point, but I'll be watching.

OP
OP
Ziggy

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
I’ve been reading their forum and seems that the company historically has abandoned the customer after purchase by making it difficult to get warranty work approved. That and the difficult part availability are my main concerns. However that said, the owners seem to say they overlook those things because their cars are so great to drive.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
thats why the Z makes more sense less then half the price . dealer network in place and I m sure the car will be a looker and hopefully a driver

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It’s coming to Aus and rumour has it will sell for 110k
In Aus the Z is guesstimated to go for between 75-80k
If the Z goes above this price point it would be hard to turn down the Emira.
I was set 100 percent on the Z, I love it…but this is awesome, and I would never of expected to see a Lotus at this price point.
The Corvette with its 166k tag in Aus and all of its problems isn’t even a consideration.
The BRZ and 86 will definitely be cheaper, but will be dime a dozen, and hasn’t got any of the refinement of the Z

It was supposed to be the Z…only the Z…now you’ve gone and confused me