2023 Lotus Emira

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Well all the articles today saying Porsche confirms next gen Cayman as EV only has me chasing down Emira details. Found a couple good reviews of the V6 prototype.

Is it Weird To Be Curiously Aroused Right Now?

Asking For A Fren ??

Last edited:

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
As a track rat I have always been a Lotus fan. Have not owned one- yet.

Drove an Evora GT. Was for sale used. About same money as a used GT4 No contest, the GT4 is better in every way. The Evora had super tiny old school pedals. Would have to use driving shoes on track.

Was really interested in Emira. Talked to a dealer about a deposit last year. Already more deposits than allocation, AND closest dealer to me is 2 states away- full stop

Having driven both Evora and a GT4- GT4 is still better and would be my choice between two. The Emira is being pitched as more of a comfy/updated high spec interior with the same drive train as last many years. Ironically, very similar to the new Z in those aspects.

Lotus Emira would be awesome- Will be a Car show king- do fairly well on occasional track days and will be great around town. But not as good for a track rat compared to others.

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
bumping this thread because of a notification for 3rd quarter delivery. for some reason the price stated is now over $93k and not $70k-ish figure that had everyone excited...

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
bumping this thread because of a notification for 3rd quarter delivery. for some reason the price stated is now over $93k and not $70k-ish figure that had everyone excited...
I've never heard $70k-ish for an Emira, but you might be quoting the cost in British ÂŁ, which has been often talked about.

I was present at Lotus of Naples, the highest volume Lotus dealership in North America, for the car's unveiling on Novemeber 27, 2021. My best friend has a "middle of the list" allocation reserved on a Verdant Green Emira with tan leather interior optioned out with extended black pckage and the KEF sound system and was specifically quoted $94,000 minus taxes and fees.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Because the V6 is rolling out first. The I4 won't be available until Q4.

Rollout should be:
Q2 - V6 First Edition
Q3 - V6 Base
Q4 - I4 First Edition
'24 - I4 Base

OP
OP
Ziggy

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
I believe that’s because Lotus is way behind schedule and still only producing the First Edition V6 loaded models. The First edition 4 cylinder launches next and then base 4 and 6s launch at what would have been the lower prices. However after all this inflation, who knows if they will still maintain that pricing. They honored the original First Edition pricing but maybe the base launches will see all the price increases.

OP
OP
Ziggy

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
This reminds me that I’ve been watching Harry’s garage videos. He REALLY makes me want one. He has more videos on his channel.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
The only thing preventing me from dropping my deposit on one that day is that I can't be twinsies with any of my friends.

...that plus the Porsche 718 GTS 4.0

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I've never heard $70k-ish for an Emira, but you might be quoting the cost in British ÂŁ, which has been often talked about.

I was present at Lotus of Naples, the highest volume Lotus dealership in North America, for the car's unveiling on Novemeber 27, 2021. My best friend has a "middle of the list" allocation reserved on a Verdant Green Emira with tan leather interior optioned out with extended black pckage and the KEF sound system and was specifically quoted $94,000 minus taxes and fees.

Because the V6 is rolling out first. The I4 won't be available until Q4.

Rollout should be:
Q2 - V6 First Edition
Q3 - V6 Base
Q4 - I4 First Edition
'24 - I4 Base
I believe that’s because Lotus is way behind schedule and still only producing the First Edition V6 loaded models. The First edition 4 cylinder launches next and then base 4 and 6s launch at what would have been the lower prices. However after all this inflation, who knows if they will still maintain that pricing. They honored the original First Edition pricing but maybe the base launches will see all the price increases.
maybe i'm thinking the i4 base price...

regardless, it's still a great bargin for a manuel with it's supercar looks and performance

OP
OP
Ziggy

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Ouch. Just read Emira getting a $12k USD price increase. For its slot in the marketplace, Z pricing looking more and more fair by the day.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Ouch. Just read Emira getting a $12k USD price increase. For its slot in the marketplace, Z pricing looking more and more fair by the day.
just keeps getting better...