2022 Mustang Mach-E

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...cts/evs/mustang-mach-e/22-mustang-mach-e.html

The tech-savvy Mustang Mach-E SUV and thrilling Mustang Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition models continue for the 2022 model year.

The 2022 Mustang Mach-E is now available to order with a starting MSRP of $43,895.1*

The 2022 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 has an EPA estimated-range of 314 miles with an extended range battery and RWD2. The 2022 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 model is now available with electric all-wheel drive and has standard heated seats and steering wheel.

In the 2022 model year, Mustang Mach-E Premium Ice White Edition Appearance Package is now available. Star White Metallic Tri-Coat exterior paint includes unique Star White sideview mirror caps and wheel lip moldings to ice-out the exterior. Front and center on the grille is an Oxford White pony badge, which also appears between the tri-bar taillamps. The package adds unique 19-inch machined-face aluminum wheels with Oxford White-painted pockets. Light Space Gray sets the cabin stage, appearing on the seats, center console and door-panel armrests. A Bright Silver hex-patterned instrument panel applique plus an Oxford White pony badge on the steering wheel add chill to the interior environment.

The black painted roof is now standard on Mustang Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition. Grabber Blue Metallic and Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat are now available on all models and Iced Blue Silver Metallic is new to the 2022 model year.

2022 Mustang Mach-E with standard-range battery now has 70 kWh usable energy and available extended-range battery now has 91 kWh usable energy.

Returning for 2022 are Mustang Mach-E GT and Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition. Mustang Mach-E GT achieves 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds3. With a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds3, the Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition makes an already-fast electric pony even quicker.

Mustang Mach-E customers can enjoy human-centered design displayed on a 15.5-inch touchscreen. SYNC® 4A combines cloud-based connectivity, Ford Power-Up over-the-air software updates, enhanced voice recognition, connected built-in navigation4and so much more to bring you a personalized driving experience.

Ford electric vehicle customers have access to over 20,500 charging stations (over 70,000 plugs), with over 3,200 DC fast charging stations (over 7,300 plugs) and growing5 on the nationwide Blue Oval Charge Network.

Âą MSRP for base vehicle. Excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included.

2Based on full charge. Actual range varies with conditions such as external environment, vehicle use, vehicle maintenance and lithium-ion battery age and state of health.

3Ford test data based on typical industry methodology using 1-foot rollout. Your results may vary.

4 Navigation services require SYNC®4 and FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), complimentary Connected Service and the FordPass app (see FordPass Terms for details). Eligible vehicles receive a complimentary 3-year trial of navigation services that begins on the new vehicle warranty start date. Customers must unlock the navigation service trial by activating the eligible vehicle with a FordPass member account. After the complimentary trial, the connected navigation service will terminate, and the system will revert to embedded offline navigation. Service contract is required for connected navigation services. Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.

5Based on original equipment manufacturers (OEM)/automotive manufacturers that sell all-electric vehicles and have publicly announced charging networks. Department of Energy data used.

*Due to high demand, 2022 Premium and California Route 1 models are no longer available for order. Extremely limited inventory available at select dealers.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Speaking of the Mach E—yikes!

"The Ford memo explains that the Mustang Mach-E's primary high voltage battery contactors could overheat. If it happens, it could cause "an open contactor or welding condition," which may lead to the contactors welding shut while the car is in motion. Owners of affected vehicles may be alerted by a powertrain malfunction warning light the next time they drive, and the Mach-E could fail to start.

The vehicle may also display "Stop Safely Now" on the gauge cluster, and a total and immediate loss of power could follow. Ford says the Mach-E will simply coast to a stop. However, all 12-volt systems, including the power brakes and steering, should remain functional."

• Wow
Reactions: V35

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Rising Material Costs Mean The Ford Mustang Mach-E Is No Longer Profitable

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/06/r...-ford-mustang-mach-e-is-no-longer-profitable/
I've mentioned it a few times already, with everything going on, it's a fool's folly to pursue BEV.

Everybody, manufacturers and governments, needs to step back and hit the pause button, especially government mandates. It's not reasonable at this time to begin a BEV -only countdown when they are so difficult to build and so damned expensive.

I think it's going to be at least 5 years before things settle down, if China doesn't attack Taiwan. Manufacturers like Ford rely heavily on Chinese made parts for even their NA assembled vehicles. Chip supplies from Taiwan (44% of the market) and the certain total shutdown of trade (like with Russia) will wreck everything even worse than COVID, another hell caused by China

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I've mentioned it a few times already, with everything going on, it's a fool's folly to pursue BEV.

Everybody, manufacturers and governments, needs to step back and hit the pause button, especially government mandates. It's not reasonable at this time to begin a BEV -only countdown when they are so difficult to build and so damned expensive.

I think it's going to be at least 5 years before things settle down, if China doesn't attack Taiwan. Manufacturers like Ford rely heavily on Chinese made parts for even their NA assembled vehicles. Chip supplies from Taiwan (44% of the market) and the certain total shutdown of trade (like with Russia) will wreck everything even worse than COVID, another hell caused by China
I've been saying for the last 10+ years that US and China will go to war in the next 20 to 30 years. All the money we are sending over there buying their products is going straight into their military. Most of their new equipment (ships, missles, etc) is designed to target US assets specifically.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I've been saying for the last 10+ years that US and China will go to war in the next 20 to 30 years. All the money we are sending over there buying their products is going straight into their military. Most of their new equipment (ships, missles, etc) is designed to target US assets specifically.
Yep, and Australia is providing their iron ore to build their weapons with 🤦🏼‍♀️

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yep, and Australia is providing their iron ore to build their weapons with 🤦🏼‍♀️
We provided the tech through loose espionage. It's why their aircraft look like US and Russian, especially their stealth and helicopters are total US rip-offs.

Most people don't realize that foreign companies operating in China can only own 49% of the company, the Chinese government owns 51%, giving them majority ownership and the ability to fund their ambitions.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
We provided the tech through loose espionage. It's why their aircraft look like US and Russian, especially their stealth and helicopters are total US rip-offs.

Most people don't realize that foreign companies operating in China can only own 49% of the company, the Chinese government owns 51%, giving them majority ownership and the ability to fund their ambitions.
that last part i can say ive seen it my dad had a client over seas had a factory in china one day the government came in told him to get lost and took the company and didnt give him a dime

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
that last part i can say ive seen it my dad had a client over seas had a factory in china one day the government came in told him to get lost and took the company and didnt give him a dime
Well don’t be surprised if it doesn’t come to a country near you soon.

We have a new house scheme for first owners where by you can borrow 40% of your home loan from the government to get into the game.
Honestly can’t make up my mind if it’s a good idea or not.
What happens if the next government or the one after decides to take that equity back and you don’t have the money at the time…obviously they would take your house.
I mean you can’t trust them at all, even though unlikely it’s possible.

We had solar power schemes where the state would pay you for any excess electricity you made at a really high rate, and it was licked in for 5 years in a contract…even that the government tried to overturn after 3 years, it was only because the contracts were watertight that they didn’t …but now that 5 years is over we sell our excess power to the grid for 5c and during peak where you don’t have enough power you have to buy that power back at 38c a kilowatt it’s an absolute rip off