First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
? it's a "sporty bronco" as the dealer called it trying to get me to trade my trd tacoma in...

i said "no thanks" i'll wait for a new shipment of 4x4 tacomas to arrive

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
He is not incorrect. The damn grill even says Bronco. Suppose it’s similar to Mach E…not really a Mustang in the traditional sense.
this was at the toyota dealer.
i told them the only thing i may consider trading my tacoma in for was a 2 door sasquatch black diamond ed.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
this was at the toyota dealer.
i told them the only thing i may consider trading my tacoma in for was a 2 door sasquatch black diamond ed.
I was all hot and bothered over the new Bronco. However, seeing them in person is underwhelming for me. But then again I’m an original owner of a 2013 Wrangler that I’ll never be able to part with so maybe I’m bias. The bronco is just so big, and a bit blah looking to me. If the 392 Wrangler wasn’t so overpriced I’d have one of those in my garage.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
He is not incorrect. The damn grill even says Bronco. Suppose it’s similar to Mach E…not really a Mustang in the traditional sense.
Now that you mention it, Ford sure is being shifty by putting "BRONCO" on the grille of an Escape. But still, he IS incorrect, as the CUV really is a "BRONCO SPORT" even says so on the registration.

I always said they should have called their new E-SUV the "Galax-E" instead of Mustang. I'm not a Mustang guy, but using the Mustang name to sling a SUV is just as shady as Mitsubishi reusing the Eclipse name on an SUV. What's worse, is they can get away with it without the masses calling them out.

Almost as bad as calling the new Z "400Z" TF!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
...I'm not a Mustang guy, but using the Mustang name to sling a SUV is just as shady as Mitsubishi reusing the Eclipse name on an SUV. What's worse, is they can get away with it without the masses calling them out.

toyota: "hold my beer"

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Now that you mention it, Ford sure is being shifty by putting "BRONCO" on the grille of an Escape. But still, he IS incorrect, as the CUV really is a "BRONCO SPORT" even says so on the registration.

I always said they should have called their new E-SUV the "Galax-E" instead of Mustang. I'm not a Mustang guy, but using the Mustang name to sling a SUV is just as shady as Mitsubishi reusing the Eclipse name on an SUV. What's worse, is they can get away with it without the masses calling them out.

It is a Bronco. All Bronco Sports are Broncos but not all Broncos are Bronco Sports. Just like all Scotch is Whiskey but not all Whiskeys are Scotch. Hopefully I got that right. I am a few Scotches in…

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
damn, wish these were available down under

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
damn, wish these were available down under
I don’t…already way too many middle aged women driving massive 4WD parking next to my little sports cars and taking chunks out of the doors…I get it if your in the outback, if your a surfer who goes off road, if your a camper…but far too many are out there and not being used for the intended purpose…although I do realise I’m a little hypocritical because I’m a middle aged woman driving sports cars to do the weekly shop ?

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
haha, yeah good point. but i do alot of regional travel for work, so would be good in those outback areas of NSW.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I don’t…already way too many middle aged women driving massive 4WD parking next to my little sports cars and taking chunks out of the doors…I get it if your in the outback, if your a surfer who goes off road, if your a camper…but far too many are out there and not being used for the intended purpose…although I do realise I’m a little hypocritical because I’m a middle aged woman driving sports cars to do the weekly shop ?
here in the usa...we call those mall crawlers