OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Thanks for your hard work and the reveal. You all did an amazing job with this new Z. Will there be a carbon fiber package option to add like the proto had?
I'm sure the accessories folks will have some solid stuff available at or near on-sale timing. Will inquire.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
not yet. US is first market for reveal. More specs soon.
Dan I know your in charge of the US…but please I beg you….tell the powers that be that the Aussies want the Performance trim…if we are only getting one please let it be the good one…
We are sick of getting ripped off with only base and Nismo options with nothing in between, we like the big breaks, and the nice interior and the LSD just as much as the US, maybe even more so
PLEASE GO INTO BAT FOR US…PLEAAAAASE !!! ( and yes I realise I look desperate…probably coz I am)

Last edited:

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
For me the biggest disappointment is the LSD being restricted to the performance model. Any chance you guys would consider making it an option on the base model?
I could see how this could also be a safety issue: drivers inexperienced with RWD + 400 hp RWD car + no LSD = Cars 'n Coffee moments incoming. Ironic given how much safety tech has been added to the car.

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
@Dan_Passe, the big question:
Please clarify - what steering does the Z have - a conventional electric, or Direct Adaptive Steering?

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
@Dan_Passe please tell me there is an option to delete the katana chrome blades. they really just kill the look for me. seen many photoshops with those in body color or black and it's such a better look.

my other question is are they really only putting the carbon driveshaft on the manual and not the auto? the 370 had carbon in both. that seems like a mistake not having it on both in the new Z. with a 5.3 1st gear ration in the auto i feel that will be more stress then the manual can produce.

also, thanks for being here to answer questions. it's greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
@Dan_Passe First off, I think you guys did a great job on the reveal. I thought it was too short, but then again I think all good movies are too short. Thanks also for taking the time to answer all our questions!

Here's mine. Is there any reason the HUD is not available on the 2023 model? Even my wife's new Rogue has a HUD.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
@Dan_Passe First off, I think you guys did a great job on the reveal. I thought it was too short, but then again I think all good movies are too short. Thanks also for taking the time to answer all our questions!

Here's mine. Is there any reason the HUD is not available on the 2023 model? Even my wife's new Rogue has a HUD.
Good question that I honestly don't have the answer to, other than to say it is not available on the new Z. Will inquire.

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
@Dan_Passe please tell me there is an option to delete the katana chrome blades. they really just kill the look for me. seen many photoshops with those in body color or black and it's such a better look.

my other question is are they really only putting the carbon driveshaft on the manual and not the auto? the 370 had carbon in both. that seems like a mistake not having it on both in the new Z. with a 5.3 1st gear ration in the auto i feel that will be more stress then the manual can produce.

also, thanks for being here to answer questions. it's greatly appreciated.
Katana blades - sorry to let you down but you need to see it in person to get the full effect. I'm sure there will be plenty of options if you wanted to change the color, but from the factory, bright it will be.

Carbon driveshaft - correct. Our engineering team has been doing extensive and ongoing testing in Japan and the U.S., and the decision was made as reported. I know a lot of these folks personally and they're not "gentle" with the acceleration, so I trust their judgment.

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Guys, I'll keep on trying to answer as many questions I can. Still have a lot going on here in NY - and then we're off to ZCON (as is one of the cars). If you'd like me to pop on by as I can I'm happy to do so, or if you'd prefer we can disband this forum. Thanks.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Guys, I'll keep on trying to answer as many questions I can. Still have a lot going on here in NY - and then we're off to ZCON (as is one of the cars). If you'd like me to pop on by as I can I'm happy to do so, or if you'd prefer we can disband this forum. Thanks.
When will automotive journalists/youtubers get their hands on cars to do reviews?

Will we see production test cars making their way around U.S. dealerships before Spring 2022 deliveries?

OP
OP
Dan_Passe

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
When will automotive journalists/youtubers get their hands on cars to do reviews?

Will we see production test cars making their way around U.S. dealerships before Spring 2022 deliveries?
Question 1 - as soon as I can get them, but it'll be awhile before they're prepped and ready. I don't have any dates yet, after the new year is most likely.

Question 2 - you'll see test cars without or with less camo probably today depending on where in the country you are.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Is it true that we will be unable to order a Z to our own spec?
Do you have any suggestions for us who want to get in line early? Should we be paying deposits to local dealers?
Thanks for your time!

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Status
Not open for further replies.