What will stop you from owning the new Z?

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
My neighbor just paid a $10k markup on a Kia Telluride. $60k total. He also didn’t want to wait 6 to 8 months if he ordered the lower cost trim that he wanted. The chip shortage has changed the game and that will be in play through 2022 at least if not well into 2023. There’s a good chance many dealerships will try markups on the new Z and they will probably get them.

pakmanz35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Infiniti G37xS
I think for me it comes down to refinement in the new Z.

I'm curious to see if Nissan will reduce the amount of road noise in this car compared to the 370z. I remember driving my old 370z on the highway for a an hour or so and the road noise really annoyed me, so I avoided long drives on the highway.

Yes, I understand it's a sports car first, but I hope they add more sound deadning to the trunk and doors. I recently drove an ND miata and it was quiter on the highway with the top up compared to my 370z.

If sound deadning hasn't improved I may look into a Q60 Red Sport.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I think for me it comes down to refinement in the new Z.

I'm curious to see if Nissan will reduce the amount of road noise in this car compared to the 370z. I remember driving my old 370z on the highway for a an hour or so and the road noise really annoyed me, so I avoided long drives on the highway.

Yes, I understand it's a sports car first, but I hope they add more sound deadning to the trunk and doors. I recently drove an ND miata and it was quiter on the highway with the top up compared to my 370z.

If sound deadning hasn't improved I may look into a Q60 Red Sport.
Wow. I've driven both NDs on the highway, and they are pretty noisy top up. Which version of the ND did you drive, soft top or RF?

Given that the back hatch storage area is totally open to the car's occupants it may be difficult to control tire and road noise on the new Z...

pakmanz35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Infiniti G37xS
Wow. I've driven both NDs on the highway, and they are pretty noisy top up. Which version of the ND did you drive, soft top or RF?

Given that the back hatch storage area is totally open to the car's occupants it may be difficult to control tire and road noise on the new Z...
It was the soft top ND. Maybe my 370z was in a accident and it wasn't reported in the carfax, but it was annoying driving on the highway with the road noise.

I feel like Nissan won't do anything as far as adding sound deadning, but we'll see!

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Gr86, supra, or if the 22/23 C8s are reliable. Also if the Z comes with 300hp for $35k or the weight is close to 3500 pounds.

The 86/BRZ always won comparisons to the 370Z we'll see if that changes.

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
Really looking at the price point. Most I'm willing to spend on a ST model is 45- 50K OTD. Above 50K and I will prob pick up a 997 Carrera S, G82 M4 or 2022 Supra maual (rumored).

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Really looking at the price point. Most I'm willing to spend on a ST model is 45- 50K OTD. Above 50K and I will prob pick up a 997 Carrera S, G82 M4 or 2022 Supra maual (rumored).
Sorry to disapoint but the 2022 model is still auto only.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
or for a few more coin why not a Emira ??????
id like to pick one up in a few years when the price has gone down and the bugs/issues have been worked out. i swore i would not buy another euro car after my bmw experience...but man the emira is nice.

i also noticed shmee was getting one. i was gonna try this thing where i buy every car he buys...i just need to come up with the money first.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
IMO the price will hold tight but I'm with ya on working out the bugs . Porsche in business how many years and they are still working out the bugs . Its less then a month to see it in person in NYC