71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Can't believe he is gonna chop the shit out of the Proto. He may make money now but the fact remains he is ruining 1 of 240. After he completes the mods it will no longer be one of 240. So only 239 original ones left. 20, 30 years from now no one will care about what it was turned into and be worth way less and lose its nostalgia.

DEUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX8, '23 BRZ
Initially I was critical that he's planning on cutting up a proto spec limited edition, but then I realized there isn't really anything special about it just like the A90 launch edition and it's just a money grab.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Can't believe he is gonna chop the shit out of the Proto. He may make money now but the fact remains he is ruining 1 of 240. After he completes the mods it will no longer be one of 240. So only 239 original ones left. 20, 30 years from now no one will care about what it was turned into and be worth way less and lose its nostalgia.
Hey better for you!

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Initially I was critical that he's planning on cutting up a proto spec limited edition, but then I realized there isn't really anything special about it just like the A90 launch edition and it's just a money grab.
Respectfully disagree. The interior is beautiful with the yellow stitching and the yellow strip below the microfiber sueded seat inserts and interior trim (rivals the interior of my/the Beautiful 3lt Corvette C8) Ray's Bronze Wheels are Fantastic Too!! It's enough of a distinguishing difference that it makes them special and not to be chopped up by anyone. I my humble opinion of course. Someone stop the Man from screwing this car up!!
Damn Man the Proto’s are truly special!
71C75E5E-7939-4D9C-9FC8-6A9D0653B305.jpeg

BAA74EA7-373C-4CC0-BB65-252E6B0774C0.jpeg

DDAF1BB3-F211-46DF-870E-CA5EBFFFD2C7.jpeg

Last edited:

DEUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX8, '23 BRZ
Respectfully disagree. The interior is beautiful with the yellow stitching and the yellow strip below the microfiber sueded seat inserts and interior trim (rivals the interior of my/the Beautiful 3lt Corvette C8) Ray's Bronze Wheels are Fantastic Too!! It's enough of a distinguishing difference that it makes them special and not to be chopped up by anyone. I my humble opinion of course. Someone stop the Man from screwing this car up!!
Yellow and red are my 2 favorite colors on this Z. I bet that interior does have a special look, I'm a big fan of yellow stitching/details in a black interior.

I should have been more specific, not any real structural differences say like a carbon roof or carbon hood, but for only a few thousand more I wouldn't expect those.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yellow and red are my 2 favorite colors on this Z. I bet that interior does have a special look, I'm a big fan of yellow stitching/details in a black interior.

I should have been more specific, not any real structural differences say like a carbon roof or carbon hood, but for only a few thousand more I wouldn't expect those.
Okay okay I understand you really agree they are special!! To dang bad the dealers are gouging everyone with ADM. Putting a bad out there taste Z fans. Honestly wish Nissan would only sell to prior owners and real Z fans. Of course that can’t happen.

DEUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX8, '23 BRZ
Okay okay I understand you really agree they are special!! To dang bad the dealers are gouging everyone with ADM. Putting a bad out there taste Z fans. Honestly wish Nissan would only sell to prior owners and real Z fans. Of course that can’t happen.
Any malice in my original comment was just jealousy of not having a pretty Z in my garage like you! 😇

Well dealers from all manufacturers have learned that it doesn't matter how outrageous the ADM, their new cars are still flying off the lots. The heart wants what the heart wants, thank you pandemic!

DEUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX8, '23 BRZ
Damn Man the Proto’s are truly special!
71C75E5E-7939-4D9C-9FC8-6A9D0653B305.jpeg

BAA74EA7-373C-4CC0-BB65-252E6B0774C0.jpeg

DDAF1BB3-F211-46DF-870E-CA5EBFFFD2C7.jpeg
And now take a look at this spEciAL edition 10th anniversary GR86 interior.

7D39E76D-31CC-4661-A7FC-330E7D2E2D6D.jpeg

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I'd settle with Nissan only selling to people who didn't demanded the world shutdown over their COVID fears. Let those folks wait around until production sufficiently ramps back up.