West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm curious about that 8 inch touch screen being on all trims for the Canadian models. I have a feeling that even though the 9 inch wasn't listed, it will be available on the performance / proto spec.

We'll see what Nissan posts officially.
Australian market is only getting the 8inch as well according to our specs?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The Australia dealer Specification Sheet stats the same; 8" display for all trims. I'm wondering if it's related to the NissanConnect® Services which are possibly only available for the US/Jap market?
@jezzza I know we had a discussion about this on the other page, at the time it kinda made sense that the reason might be because some of the services would not be available in our market, so they may of made it smaller to save on the chips that would be needed to run said services, however after much thought surely the screen size would not be depended on this. They could still cut back on services and thus the chips that go along with it, but deliver a bigger screen?
To me it doesn’t make sense…and i know i keep banging on about it, and you have been great at easing my mind that the difference would be negligible, but i still cant help but really want that larger screen, and not sure why one market would get it and another wouldn’t
Never tell a women she cant have something that someone else can…cant let it go

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I don't think microchips are the issue as modern cars have many of them throughout. It's more likely just cheaper and easier to have one audio/navigation model for the smaller markets. But why they chose the 8" over the 9" is anyones guess.

I've just discovered that NissanConnect® Services are available in Australia and Canada so that theory is debunked.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I don't think microchips are the issue as modern cars have many of them throughout. It's more likely just cheaper and easier to have one audio/navigation model for the smaller markets. But why they chose the 8" over the 9" is anyones guess.

I've just discovered that NissanConnect® Services are available in Australia and Canada so that theory is debunked.
Yeah…didn’t add up to me either…glad you debunked it officially.
If it is just down to ease of having one for the smaller market….im dissapointed that they didn’t choose the larger option. At factory level probs only cost $200 more, I think when we are paying 70k (maybe a bit more) the larger screen should be included, or at least an option…or just charge $200 more, i doubt it would be a breaking point

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
From the ordering guide above?!

Performance trim weights TBA but no doubt slightly heavier.
Sorry, mixed up, that blocked TBD area for fuel economy covered up the Base Curb Weight numbers for Performance, only shown for Sport. LOL. Late night tired eyes.

Great find, new info we all needed. ?

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
So for the interior options based on this guide...
  • Blue leather - only available on Boulder and Seiran
  • Red accent leather - only available on Passion and Everest
  • Black Diamond and Gun Metallic - black interior only; either cloth or leather based on trim
  • Black leather available on all Performance models
  • Black cloth only available on Black Diamond, Gun Metallic, Seiran, and Everest Sport models
This would also mean that Boulder, Ikazuchi, and Passion are not available on Sport models
Too bad Boulder won't be avail with Red accent interior, the blue is too much blue IMO. Will have to go aftermarket Recaros then, I'm sure the Nismo 370Z V2's will fit :)

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The Australia dealer Specification Sheet stats the same; 8" display for all trims. I'm wondering if it's related to the NissanConnect® Services which are possibly only available for the US/Jap market?
Well it says right in the spec sheet you posted that the NissanConnect Services come with the Performance trim. EDIT: I see you caught that mistake.

What lends further credence to it being a mistake is that in listing the upgrades made to performance over sport they don't mention the rev matching in the top set of specs, only in the final set. Then there is the height error caught above. Maybe this is just a draft? At best poorly vetted.

In some ways I don't mind the smaller screen as long as it fits the space well, less glare. I can't stand the huge screens they have in Teslas etc., especially at night.

Last edited:

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Why is the height 1565 mm? It should be 1316 mm. 1565 mm is almost 62 inches, that's crossover territory.
Yeah there's several things here that seem completely off. The 370Z is 51.8″ so the new Z should be almost exactly that.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well it says right in the spec sheet you posted that the NissanConnect Services come with the Performance trim. EDIT: I see you caught that mistake.

What lends further credence to it being a mistake is that in listing the upgrades made to performance over sport they don't mention the rev matching in the top set of specs, only in the final set. Then there is the height error caught above. Maybe this is just a draft? At best poorly vetted.

In some ways I don't mind the smaller screen as long as it fits the space well, less glare. I can't stand the huge screens they have in Teslas etc., especially at night.
Perhaps it is here….but our release with the 8inch is actually on the offical released promo material for Aus
https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z.html

so it would have to be a very big stuff up

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Perhaps it is here….but our release with the 8inch is actually on the offical released promo material for Aus
https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z.html

so it would have to be a very big stuff up
Australian and Canadian buildouts are often quite different, ours are typically American-level or even better for cars in this category (see: new Civic Si, Golf R).

If it isn't a mistake, it may reflect an attempt to constrain Canadian pricing. Despite the fact that average income allowing for currency exchange is actually higher in Canada than the US at the moment, the Canadian market seems more price-sensitive. The 370Z (and the Golf R, and the twins) have traditionally been priced here significantly below what the USD/CAD exchange rate would dictate. Maybe this is a sign we are going to get that lower pricing again?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Australian and Canadian buildouts are often quite different, ours are typically American-level or even better for cars in this category (see: new Civic Si, Golf R).

If it isn't a mistake, it may reflect an attempt to constrain Canadian pricing. Despite the fact that average income allowing for currency exchange is actually higher in Canada than the US at the moment, the Canadian market seems more price-sensitive. The 370Z (and the Golf R, and the twins) have traditionally been priced here significantly below what the USD/CAD exchange rate would dictate. Maybe this is a sign we are going to get that lower pricing again?
This is why we are asking Dan about it…it doesn’t really make sense.
If it’s a pricing thing the bigger screen at factory would cost perhaps a couple of hundred dollars extra. When you are about to spend 70k on a car…$200 extra is nit bound to break the bank.
Australia usually get top US level car, with minor changed. For instance the one we are supposedly getting is very close to the performance model, (as well as Proto)so sounds like you guys in Canada ….so the question is why skimp on the screen, when the interior technology update is one of Nissans selling points, and one of the reasons for a new model (370z interior is outdated now)
It makes little sense