Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
? first shoes, now watches?
what's next? limited ed. Z speedo?

if they do come out with the speedo and you buy the shoes and watch, i wonder if you could get a "package" deal?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I understand why people are shocked at the price, but the Citizen Geo Watches are all around this price.
The upside is they don’t need batteries, just charge from the sun…I do own one of the first ones that were released.
Im not gonna lie, it’s kinda cool how it jumps to life when it’s been in a box for a while …watching the hands spin round is kinda memorising .
My husband owns Tags, but battery replacement costs a fortune especially as he wants it watertight for surfing

They actually can be a nifty watch and as this is a limited run…even more so.
Would I buy it…no, but there will be plenty who would. and at least it’s not ugly, unlike the shoes ?

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
I understand why people are shocked at the price, but the Citizen Geo Watches are all around this price.
The upside is they don’t need batteries, just charge from the sun…I do own one of the first ones that were released.
Im not gonna lie, it’s kinda cool how it jumps to life when it’s been in a box for a while …watching the hands spin round is kinda memorising .

That is similar to the Kinetics from Seiko that wakes up after you move it around (replacing the old fashioned spring winding). And this was available more than 20 yrs ago. So it really isn't all that ground breaking.

For me, the biggest thing is the brand perception. Citizen isn't a luxury brand just like Nissan isn't a luxury brand. So when you sell a watch (or a car like GTR) that approaches the entry level luxury brand, people roll their eyes...lol

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Japanese watch & Japanese car, makes sense when you think about it.

Even though they are not, Citizen is thought of by many as fashion brand. Maybe too mainstream for a luxury brand?

They should have been branded it as a Bulova.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Why?
Why a watch comes with a fob?
I am missing something here....

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
What's the extra slot in the box for? Is that where you are supposed to put your shoes?
no, but a speedo could fit in there...