First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Happy Thanksgiving! Take care of your loved ones, never know what tomorrow brings......a new Z would be nice! :p

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
wishing everyone and the families well. travel safe...
We don’t do thanksgiving in Aus.
From a purely selfish perspective…how long do you get off work? I’m waiting on some shoes from the US for my son, and the holidays will obviously affect delivery.

Oh yes….happy thanksgiving to you all ?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
From a purely selfish perspective…how long do you get off work? I’m waiting on some shoes from the US for my son, and the holidays will obviously affect delivery.

Depends on where you work. Some people are stuck working today which is complete shit unless of course it's emergency or essential services.

I only have today off, FWIW.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

I'm probably lucky, but every place I've ever worked has been closed for Thanksgiving both Thursday and Friday. Seems pretty common here for businesses that are only open M-F.

Happy ? Day All!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm probably lucky, but every place I've ever worked has been closed for Thanksgiving both Thursday and Friday. Seems pretty common here for businesses that are only open M-F.

Happy ? Day All!
How much time do you get off for Christmas. I’m finding more and more in Australia that holidays seem to be disappearing. A lot of work places only get the actual day off, then back to work the next.
We have just started having Black Friday tike yourselves…traditionally Boxing Day sales are huge, but that means all the shop assistants need to be there working.

However our school kids get around 6 weeks off, from the week before Xmas to the first week in February.

You guys have the football on Thanksgiving I understand? Here the equivalent would be the Boxing Day test ( Cricket) and the Sydney to Hobart race ( sailing)

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
How much time do you get off for Christmas. I’m finding more and more in Australia that holidays seem to be disappearing. A lot of work places only get the actual day off, then back to work the next.
We have just started having Black Friday tike yourselves…traditionally Boxing Day sales are huge, but that means all the shop assistants need to be there working.

However our school kids get around 6 weeks off, from the week before Xmas to the first week in February.

You guys have the football on Thanksgiving I understand? Here the equivalent would be the Boxing Day test ( Cricket) and the Sydney to Hobart race ( sailing)
I usually take off as much time as I need, but my office is closed on the 25th for Christmas when it falls Mon thru Fri. If 12/25 is on a Saturday then we're closed the Friday before, and if it's Sunday then we're closed Monday.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I usually take off as much time as I need, but my office is closed on the 25th for Christmas when it falls Mon thru Fri. If 12/25 is on a Saturday then we're closed the Friday before, and if it's Sunday then we're closed Monday.
That’s another thing that throws me… in the US when writing dates you do month then day ….we always do day then month ?
Let’s face it….doesn’t take much to confuse me ?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
That’s another thing that throws me… in the US when writing dates you do month then day ….we always do day then month ?
Let’s face it….doesn’t take much to confuse me ?
well...we do things the right way here and why you guys are primarily a large island of criminals :D

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
Did anyone do anything fun or travel? I just stayed home this year. Most of my family and friends canceled the big get togethers again because of COVID. Pre-Virus I went to at least 3 feast a year. 11 am at my mom's side of the family, 2pm at my next door neighbor and 6 pm at my close friend with their family.

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Same, I just stayed home with my fiancé.