What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah he definitely seems the coward type so he will kill himself rather than go to prison. The fact they haven't found him yet just makes me think he has already done it.
I think he got eaten by a gator. IIRC, they were both originally from New York. He probably doesn't have the experience needed to survive out in the swamps.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I dated girls like her when I was younger. The stories of her mental condition brought back some PTSD for me. Out of control pretty girl. Although a pretty Asian girl who is mental is no better!

I also think this is a great way for media to divert attention from their preferred political party's incompetence. Convenient distraction from the COVID-19 response, Afghanistan debacle.
either way, these 2 will go down as covid deaths i'm sure...

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Don't you guys have the police check in on you constantly if you are under quarantine?

Aren't y'all not allowed to go anywhere?
No joke, they are trialing an app with Face recognition and Location data to make sure you are at home. Next we will have a social credit system. They trial this stuff here in AUS to see what kind of resistance they will get before they roll it out elsewhere

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
No joke, they are trialing an app with Face recognition and Location data to make sure you are at home. Next we will have a social credit system. They trial this stuff here in AUS to see what kind of resistance they will get before they roll it out elsewhere
Fuck. That.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Do y'all have the "2nd Amendment" or just the "kitchen knife amendment"?

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
So sad. Think it is up to 2 dead and 12 injured.
The crime rate rose in 2020, according to their news. It's the same thing in Houston and I think it has something to do with the bail out rule that was changed in late 2019 for my County and " homicides did not begin increasing until 2020".

The narrative of rise in homicide crime in 2020 has echoed across the US. I know a bunch of people close to me (and acquaintance) either got furloughed or lost jobs beginning of March 2020. They were in hospitality/restaurant, tradesman, nursing, and engineering (but not construction). I think people do wrong things (i.e. killing) is partly because of hopelessness and probably has something to do with the COVID lock down.

Houston will have their usual National Night Out, but first time to emphasize the importance of policing in the community.... yeah, such a weird time we live in.