PPF or Ceramic Coating on your new Z?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
From a very reputable installer you're looking at upwards of $5000 for full coverage at average. If you just want the front bumper and hood, $1500. Full front meaning front bumper, hood, A-pillars, mirrors, $2000. Add the side skirts and doors, $3000.
Wow! I got a guy is Aus who will respray a whole care for $2000 …and he does a really good job!
My car currently getting all the dings and scratches taken out ready for sale…$800

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Plus you can also get a matte ppf to make your average Z look real badass
To me the ultimate would be a limited Proto wrapped in matt grey (or any colour). That way I'd have the bronze rims with yellow callipers, stylish interior and very likely the best resale value.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
To me the ultimate would be a limited Proto wrapped in matt grey (or any colour). That way I'd have the bronze rims with yellow callipers, stylish interior and very likely the best resale value.
...all while protecting the original paint.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Wow! I got a guy is Aus who will respray a whole care for $2000 …and he does a really good job!
My car currently getting all the dings and scratches taken out ready for sale…$800
I'm talking about PPF. If you got someone who will install PPF for $2000 they're either using cheap product or they're doing a crappy job. Unless you mean paint? In that case a whole paint job for $2000 sounds hella sketchy as well.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm talking about PPF. If you got someone who will install PPF for $2000 they're either using cheap product or they're doing a crappy job. Unless you mean paint? In that case a whole paint job for $2000 sounds hella sketchy as well.
I’m talking about paint…and that’s $2000 Aus dollars…so around $1500 for US.
He has already done a few jobs for us, always excellent
Use to paint rally cars and the like and race on weekends
My son also took his commodore to a friend of his. Had his car lowered for $300AU and larger brakes including pads for $400. He had his car serviced elsewhere before he found them, and that place said his engine mounts needed doing. When he talked to this guy he said there was nothing wrong with them and they were trying to rip him off, he even showed him the engine mounts, what wear and tear to look for and how to tell when they do actually need replacing

Rare finds these two, and now I’ve found them I won’t go anywhere else

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'll be doing ceramic coating. It'll be garage kept it's whole life so I'm not worried about doing film. If I get that concerned I'll just wrap it.

Have had my Evo for 15.5 years and can count on less than two hands how many times I've waxed it, have clayed it twice, and used a buffer once and the paint still looks fucking fantastic, especially compared to other Evos. I don't even know how. Especially since it's black. Granted, it was garage kept for damn near 15 of those years but still. I haven't even had to re-clear the carbon fiber on the wing and that shit is NOTORIOUSLY bad on Evos. Outside of shitty factory paint I don't know how people's nice ass car's paint goes to shit.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I'll be doing ceramic coating. It'll be garage kept it's whole life so I'm not worried about doing film. If I get that concerned I'll just wrap it.

Have had my Evo for 15.5 years and can count on less than two hands how many times I've waxed it, have clayed it twice, and used a buffer once and the paint still looks fucking fantastic, especially compared to other Evos. I don't even know how. Especially since it's black. Granted, it was garage kept for damn near 15 of those years but still. I haven't even had to re-clear the carbon fiber on the wing and that shit is NOTORIOUSLY bad on Evos. Outside of shitty factory paint I don't know how people's nice ass car's paint goes to shit.
Garage definitely helps, but yeah the elements are brutal when left unchecked. Well done otherwise in terms of keeping it crisp, especially that wing.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
I just ceramic coat my cars. The are in the garage until the weekend anyhow, and then never parked in shopping centres etc. The ceramic coat last so long being garaged, and makes its 1000x easier to keep clean

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I don't know if it's just me, but I tend to get rock chips on the front of every car I've ever owed. I'm definitely getting PPF in adiition to ceramic coating. I just haven't decided if I'm doing the whole car or just the likely areas of chips.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I don't know if it's just me, but I tend to get rock chips on the front of every car I've ever owed. I'm definitely getting PPF in adiition to ceramic coating. I just haven't decided if I'm doing the whole car or just the likely areas of chips.
It's definitely not you. Highways, perhaps ironically, hate cars. Or at least people who care about their cars. I always get pelted with debris by trucks, other cars kicking it up from the road, etc.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
Paint correction, PPF and then ceramic for vinyl on top of the ppf. Whole car. I did it with my civic and regret not doing the entire thing. Ceramic on the calipers and wheels too.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Think of PPF as Saran Wrap for your car. A product like XPEL, arguably the industry benchmark, will run around $750ish if you opt to do only the areas most prone to scratches/flying debris like lower rocker panels, bumpers, front spoiler, and first 1/4 of the hood. Installers apply PPF much the same way that a color wrap is put on. If you decide to go this route for your new Z, I wouldn't use any other manufacturer's films, XPEL is the best out there.

I had a ceramic coating from Gyeon (referring to their product as "quartz" finish) applied last November. They have one of the few ceramic options available specifically made for matte finishes, so I didn't have many options to choose from. It's holding up remarkably well, enhances the color without adding any gloss, and repels water better than any wax or synthetic product I've ever used. Despite how good it is, it will NOT provide the same level of paint protection as PPF.